Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't trade him this summer. Demand him to learn to shoot 3s. If he proves he can do that next season, keep him; otherwise, trade him mid-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I have come to terms with the idea of doing as best as possible with the DD and Aldridge core. I can stomach that for the next two years, just please, no extension. That would figuratively kill me.

Just sign a good 3 and D guy with the MLE and keep the playoffs streak alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not really sure why Derozan has such negative impact metrics. He doesn't seem like a terrible player or super cancerous, and has obvious talent.
    is it just the ty perimeter game or what

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not really sure why Derozan has such negative impact metrics. He doesn't seem like a terrible player or super cancerous, and has obvious talent.
    Only effective with ball in his hands and makes poor decisions often when he has it.
    Does not seem to do well in adverse situations.
    Cannot shoot open spot up shots.
    Refuses to move without the ball.
    Not good for the highest paid player.
    I hope somehow he can be more positive moving forward since there seems no way to effectively shed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He wilts in the playoffs and isnt a difference maker when it matters most

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not against trading DeRozan and Mills for Paul and multiple picks. I mean, that contract is awful and Paul is unnecessary AF if the team can't follow this up with a big-time trade for a wing. But it raises the team's ceiling while lowering its floor. Two firsts from Houston could easily be mid-round picks. I don't have much interest in something like a Batum trade, though. DeRozan for expirings and a pick feels better. Batum may have been worth it when the Spurs had the chance to draft Doumbouya. Now, I'd only want to move on from DeRozan's and preferably Mills' salaries. I think folks would be surprised to see that DeMar still has a decent trade market if it comes to that. He's not getting a Kawhi package, but a team like ATL wouldn't get assets to take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really hard to open up big leads if you don't shoot a lot of threes or run a lot in transition. I'm pretty sure DeRozan has always been contrasted with a wing who doesn't iso for most of his scores and may even shoot way more. That increases their plus-minus, but it doesn't necessarily contributes more to winning, since most of those guys don't use as many possessions against as tough of defenders as guys like DMDR and LMA do. You can see how those guys win games. It doesn't mean they don't have obvious flaws that may limit their teams' ceilings, but they are certainly more impactful than the high-efficiency fourth-option types that litter the top of the RAPM standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is not getting traded, nor salary dump to bid for a big name free agent. Nobody wants to play in this small market and get drilled by Coach Pop. Spurs would keep DDR/Aldridge, resign Gay to keep them in the playoffs, while developing our young players. Not sexy but it’s the Spurs way. I’m waiting who they sign the MLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Love would be a very good fit with SA and LMA imo. If CLE would give real assets it would be one to consider if free agency isn’t a real play next 2 years
    Of the scenarios mentioned, Love would be the best imho. However, I think we will just go 'MLE shopping' and see what we have with the 'youth brigade.'

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count

Considering the Spurs would likely have to give up multiple first round picks to make this happen, such a trade would certainly carry quite a bit of risk. The equation at the end of the day would look something like this: DeRozan + two first round picks in exchange for Bogdanovic + Gay. That's a lot to give up, especially when the Spurs can keep DeRozan, re-sign Gay and still have the MLE worth $9.2 million to spend in free agency.
    no.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-knic...151445898.html
    New York still believes it’s in the hunt for Kawhi Leonard, Irving and Durant. But, according to a source, the Knicks will punt their $70 million-plus in cap space if they can’t land one of those Tier A free agents.
    This plan would require patience Knicks owner James Dolan has rarely shown.

And then the 2020 free-agent class looks weak. Especially with Anthony Davis already on the Lakers, there probably won’t be an attainable superstar for the Knicks. There might not even be an attainable star.

Then what? Sacrifice the 2020-21 season to gear up for 2021 free agency? Maybe Barrett, Knox and Robinson develop and send New York on a different track, but that’s far from assured.

Derozan, Mills and Belli for a pick?
    Knicks own their 2020 and two 2021 first round picks outright.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice if derozan took a pay cut / discount to help the Spurs with the cap... would you guys want him if he took a significant paycut?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice if derozan took a pay cut / discount to help the Spurs with the cap... would you guys want him if he took a significant paycut?
    As much as he sucks, why should he take a pay cut because we haven’t been able to draft worth the past few years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. You deal DeRozan not for cap space but for what you might get in return (ie picks). I think you still try to maintain near term (2021) cap flexibility but, Spurs fans might have to face a season not making the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe last season’s team plus Murray, Walker, and MLE free agent is enough to get into the conference finals in the next two seasons? If not go harder towards a rebuild tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe last season’s team plus Murray, Walker, and MLE free agent is enough to get into the conference finals in the next two seasons? If not go harder towards a rebuild tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won't move DeMar, even when the Lakers come calling very publicly. Pop wants to see if he can transform his new pet project.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as he sucks, why should he take a pay cut because we haven’t been able to draft worth the past few years?
    Well other teams seems to think otherwise as they are willing to outbid the Spurs to get them. Joseph, Neal, Baynes, Boban, Anderson and Simmons to name a few.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn will be ahead of Lonnie in the rotation. Beli too unless he is moved (that's probably the best that I could hope for tbh).

Unless Walker absolutely plays out of his mind in summer league + training camp or Bryn gets hurt for a long stretch of time, he's going to be relegated to the same playing time that CoJo got in his 2nd year.

As of now, my source says Lonnie Walker is the first guard off the bench. That’s pop’s plan, as long as Walker is healthy. Pop LOVES Walker. I mean, compared to George Hill, George Hill is like maybe a nice fan that he meets at the local wine bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not in the trade Demar camp but if they have no plans to extend him and are looking at trades I think there’s some sort of deal with Miami to be made. Something like Whiteside and Winslow for DDR and Bertans for example. Riley wants to make a move and they don’t have many options due to their cap situation. Not sure Pop would want Whiteside but this trade makes the roster more balanced and Winslow’s deal aligns perfectly with the upcoming new deals for Murray, Poeltl and eventually White. Gives the Spurs someone who can handle the ball and create a bit.

Whiteside could provide depth in case of an Aldridge/Poeltl injury as the next guy in line for the C position would be Eubanks and he can’t be with the team the whole season while he’s on a two-way contract. Whiteside could also be traded by the deadline.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of sounding like either the Knicks or Nets will land Durant + Irving.

If I were a betting man, Durant takes the option, sits and gets paid. Irving goes to Brooklyn, Kawhi is down to Brooklyn Toronto and the Clippers. Basketball karma comes in and he signs with Brooklyn.

the Knick’s offseason consists of randle and spare parts.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Made in Johnson and Samanic cause from what I know they’re planning on them getting minutes..

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep him. Have him mentor the young core. Pursuade him to take a discount when his contract is up, or during extension talks this summer.
    teach them what exactly? Jack up mid-range shots and mentally disappear in the playoffs?

Thread Information