Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent signing. Wonder who the rest of the MLE goes to?
    Probably not enough money for Milutinov ... but maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not enough money for Milutinov ... but maybe.
    Was thinking that. Otherwise maybe a speculative young FA signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh not good but not bad either, no upgrade to anything. In other words just our FO's usual fetish for washed up players on their way out
    Of course it's an upgrade. The Spurs had to rely on Cunningham and Belli to eat up back-up SF minutes last season.

The Spurs' biggest problem last season was overrelying on Forbes, Wombat, Belli. With the addition of Murray, Carroll, Samanic+moving Walker into the rotation...Forbes can be play a role that is better suited for him (15 MPG), Belli gets moved or removed from the rotation, and Wombat takes a backseat to both White and Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love Walker to start

But come on. Mills didn't play the last 18 minutes of a game 7 because he was playing well. It's because he was Mills.

Mills is getting his 20 minutes. Forbes has Pop's trust. White might not have his trust but he's been around. Murray is getting minutes as the future.

Walker will get his garbage time and DNP-CDs.

Sad but it's the future, with DeRozan, Marco and now Carroll at the SF.
    This completely ignores that Pop plays young players when they are capable of contributing. Especially after year 1. The idea that Walker is just going to sit on the bench if he's the best option is false.

How many young players that the Spurs have had around have they traded away before they blow up? I can't think if of a single one. Can you? If Walker doens't play its because he's not good enough (and I don't expect that to be the case).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this signing and no other move. I see this lineup for the upcoming season:

1. DJM, Forbes, DDR, Gay, LMA
    2. White, Mills, Carroll, Bert, Poeltl
    3. LW4, Beli, KJ, Luka, Metu

But... something tells me that a trade is incoming. I can not see LW4 and Beli being 3rd strong this year and Luka may get more minutes than expected if Bertans ends up in the doghouse. If a trade does happen I see it involving Beli and/or Bertans for a pretty good PF/C. If that happens then this is the lineup I would like to see for this upcoming season:
    1.DJM, Forbes, DDR, PF/C, LMA
    2. White, Mills, Carroll, Gay, Poeltl
    3. LW4, KJ, Luka, Metu, Open

If LW4 plays well to start the season I can see him moving up from the 3rd string and bumping one of Mills/Forbes down in minutes.
    THere is absolutely zero chance of White being on the bench to start this season if he is healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This completely ignores that Pop plays young players when they are capable of contributing. Especially after year 1. The idea that Walker is just going to sit on the bench if he's the best option is false.

How many young players that the Spurs have had around have they traded away before they blow up? I can't think if of a single one. Can you? If Walker doens't play its because he's not good enough (and I don't expect that to be the case).
    Pop started a 19 year old from France at the 1 once upon a time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you start Carroll...Rudy isn’t designed to start and fits well with the bench.

Murray / White / DeRozan / Carroll / LMA

Bryn / Lonnie / Bertans / Rudy / Poeltl
    I see this as a much more realistic lineup than anything else I've seen posted in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, at this point Carroll is more of an ilusion of a 3 and D player than a reality, but at least he isn't Cunningham or Pondexter. Hopefully PATFO can find the next Danny Green to mold into that real 3 and D player we so desperately need but for the time being Carroll should do.
    They have. His name is Keldon Johnson, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THere is absolutely zero chance of White being on the bench to start this season if he is healthy.
    Better for the team if he comes off the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is being smart to keep a massive amount of cap space to money slap a top tier free agent or two in 2021. I like that discipline.
    Pop is coaching team USA where most of these players start talking about playing together. They should make the space.

If if this is their plan I can get behind that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic Spurs signing. Entering this offseason given their cap room and need at the 3 Carroll is a solid pull. Ability to play the 4 is a plus. 3,D, and board for 15 to 20 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont expect the Spurs to trade anyone like Bertans or Marco in the offseason. Any trades for those players available now, are available in Feb. They'll probably see what they have with the youth and then make trades later in the year if at all. But unless something amazing comes up, they're likely done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as a much more realistic lineup than anything else I've seen posted in this thread.
    Yeah, Wombat aka carrier of the culture torch aka leader of the coffee gang aka closer of Game 7s turning into an 11th man is really realistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better for the team if he comes off the bench.
    Yeah no. Don't agree with this at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I usually hate PATFO's Old fetish but this is a solid move for a player who has much more to offer than Cunningham and Pondexter, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs already adding Murray and Walker to the mix next season. Carroll takes care of the backup 3 and can slide to 4. Next need to add a 4/5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats not to understand? Dejounte, Demar, White all are effective with the ball in their hands. Why not spread that out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Murray should certainly not come off the bench so would you feel comfortable in not having a back court that can defend coming off the bench? If not, White has to be our 6th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they will not move Derozan, can they just move the following? Mills, Forbes, Belinelli and Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats not to understand? Dejounte, Demar, White all are effective with the ball in their hands. Why not spread that out?
    Because Derrick White might be the best with his ball in his hand the way the Spurs play out of that group. Furthemore, Dejonte's effectiveness in that role is still to be seen. And finally, White is by far the best shooter from 3 point land out of those 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Derrick White might be the best with his ball in his hand the way the Spurs play out of that group. Furthemore, Dejonte's effectiveness in that role is still to be seen. And finally, White is by far the best shooter from 3 point land out of those 3.
    Dejounte showed he was a leader in that role and was on his way to be a walking triple double. Let me rephrase this... I dont foresee both DJ and White starting together...whether that means DJ coming off the bench or White. One needs to come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl
    LMA
    Carroll
    DeMar
    Murray

Bench:
    White
    Gay
    Walker
    Forbes
    Bertans
    Johnson
    Luka
    Metu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters
    Poetl
    LMA
    Carroll
    DeMar
    Murray

Bench:
    White
    Gay
    Walker
    Forbes
    Bertans
    Johnson
    Luka
    Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte showed he was a leader in that role and was on his way to be a walking triple double. Let me rephrase this... I dont foresee both DJ and White starting together...whether that means DJ coming off the bench or White. One needs to come off the bench.
    Assuming both are healthy to start the season, they are both starting. I'm about as close to 100% sure about this as possible. It makes no sense to bench one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Wombat aka carrier of the culture torch aka leader of the coffee gang aka closer of Game 7s turning into an 11th man is really realistic.
    Yeah don’t know what Manny is smoking there

Thread Information