Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least they never sold our on television & had to take it back.

You're lucky though, aside from an old crock in Phoenix nobody even marked it, or, bring it up day one then to today. It's a Media black out. You know, they run those [Top 10 Losses in Sports History] You'll never make any of those lists. , once I die your shame/Florida will die with me. You never had to pay public for it then, or, since. Media took care of Pop, kept him spotless, untouched.

Anybody else, they'd a crucified him---tree of woe.
    Why would there be a crucifixion? Are you arguing '14 happens without '13, because that's doesn't make sense.

'14 cleaned up the mess of '13 and made the humbling of James one of the most beautiful things Spurs fans will ever have.

Right up there with making Kobe and Fish caterwaul about on the national stage. Two memories to be cherished that can never be taken away, ever.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why would there be a crucifixion? Are you arguing '14 happens without '13, because that's doesn't make sense.

'14 cleaned up the mess of '13 and made the humbling of James one of the most beautiful things Spurs fans will ever have.

Right up there with making Kobe and Fish caterwaul about on the national stage. Two memories to be cherished that can never be taken away, ever.
    Roach, sweetheart, nothing compares to Florida. They were actually selling your on the television. You'd won it before you lost it. That's yours, bub. You own that. Just because there wasn't a fuss made at that moment doesn't make it any the less catastrophic.

& we ain't forgettin' about it either, buster brown. Not as long as yours truly is alive. You grew that & by God you're gonna chew it.
    & same with this Leonard materiel. You had him. He belonged to you. What happened with him can't be hid. Not from me it can't. I'm callin' the name out! I came back with nary ill will to dredge up this Leonard fiasco, but, I was ambushed, and clubbed about the head & shoulders simply because the lad was parlaying with the Lakers. You need to get your house in order, jasper. You lost him. Pop thought since he was white, it stood to reason he was right. Not this time. He was white, he was not right. Not stipulating to the facts in a sunshine manner was reprehensible. You were smighted thusly by the lad ringing up North within the standing season. You-were-punished for your white privilege. That we now see him in possible league with the Lakers is another slap right to your in' kisser. Yes, I said it. I said (kisser).

Florida, & I ain't talkin' Jame's wife, nor keepin' your head above in' water, nor temporary layoffs, or easy credit ripoffs.

"Damn, damn damn!!!"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    of course i'm pissed that the dude bolted. that's never been denied.

your claim that we ran away after 6 is pure , dale
    No. You did run off after Florida. Not a big deal, but an historical event & fact. I stood right here in these hallowed halls & grottoes by my in' self. I didn't know whether to , or, go blind. I can still see so there' that. I never ratted ya's till now because I felt badly for ya's. But, after I was put upon by a flash mob, touched repeatedly in my no-no secret place one moment and kicked in it the next I turned in the corner and have since fought back hammer & tong, tooth & attendant nail as well. I've always been a fighter even in the Army,,,,,,,,,unfortunately not overseas because of a slight back ailment, but, in every camp & small town in this country against the evil doers a shy lad who has just wanted to see right done.

I'm saying it just after midnight here and I'll say as long as I draw breath upon this great land...Florida.

Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    feelin gah dang exultant today brodie. kiwi about to make it official and announce he committed to the cause

, still cant believe big hollywood bron, da brow and killa klaw will be on the same GOAT franchise. shiiet.

them s gonna do violent thangs on the court, it be like watching a full season of john wick

laker nation, y’all allowed for an early celebration. treat yourself and have a good day

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roach, sweetheart, nothing compares to Florida. They were actually selling your on the television. You'd won it before you lost it. That's yours, bub. You own that. Just because there wasn't a fuss made at that moment doesn't make it any the less catastrophic.

& we ain't forgettin' about it either, buster brown. Not as long as yours truly is alive. You grew that & by God you're gonna chew it.
    & same with this Leonard materiel. You had him. He belonged to you. What happened with him can't be hid. Not from me it can't. I'm callin' the name out! I came back with nary ill will to dredge up this Leonard fiasco, but, I was ambushed, and clubbed about the head & shoulders simply because the lad was parlaying with the Lakers. You need to get your house in order, jasper. You lost him. Pop thought since he was white, it stood to reason he was right. Not this time. He was white, he was not right. Not stipulating to the facts in a sunshine manner was reprehensible. You were smighted thusly by the lad ringing up North within the standing season. You-were-punished for your white privilege. That we now see him in possible league with the Lakers is another slap right to your in' kisser. Yes, I said it. I said (kisser).

Florida, & I ain't talkin' Jame's wife, nor keepin' your head above in' water, nor temporary layoffs, or easy credit ripoffs.

"Damn, damn damn!!!"
    See that's the thing, the pain of '13 is what made the joy of '14 divine. You will never know that feeling, Thread. Never. You don't know about redemption. You only know disappointment. Super teams formed and left to rot by superior teamsmanship, by these very Spurs that you still follow to this day despite their current irrelevance, and the Pistons of '04.

Not only that, but now you try to run with this silly fairy tale that Dennis concocted about the misery and bullying of S.A. despite the fact that he would spurn Toronto fresh off ringing with them. Has Toronto dealt with him wrongly as well? C'mon now Thread, I trust you're far too old and wise to be falling for that one so I have to assume you're just bottom barrel trolling now.

You now have to deal with Kawhi helping LeBron surpass your boy or root against them. Which way do you lean Thread?

Can't begrudge the guy for wanting to go home, but I can resent him for the way he hid in a closet to avoid an assembly with people that trusted him, that helped to build him. Rather lily-livered I say. Similar to his cohorts in Davis and James now. Too scared to face the big bad NBA alone despite the wilting of Warriors not even 2 months ago.

It's all kind of tragic, don't you think Thread? The diminution of the league continues and your chosen team leads the charge now. Carries that banner.

Own it. Put it on the prospective championship t-shirt. It's yours.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    See that's the thing, the pain of '13 is what made the joy of '14 divine. You will never know that feeling, Thread. Never. You don't know about redemption. You only know disappointment. Super teams formed and left to rot by superior teamsmanship, by these very Spurs that you still follow to this day despite their current irrelevance, and the Pistons of '04.

Not only that, but now you try to run with this silly fairy tale that Dennis concocted about the misery and bullying of S.A. despite the fact that he would spurn Toronto fresh off ringing with them. Has Toronto dealt with him wrongly as well? C'mon now Thread, I trust you're far too old and wise to be falling for that one so I have to assume you're just bottom barrel trolling now.

You now have to deal with Kawhi helping LeBron surpass your boy or root against them. Which way do you lean Thread?

Can't begrudge the guy for wanting to go home, but I can resent him for the way he hid in a closet to avoid an assembly with people that trusted him, that helped to build him. Rather lily-livered I say. Similar to his cohorts in Davis and James now. Too scared to face the big bad NBA alone despite the wilting of Warriors not even 2 months ago.

It's all kind of tragic, don't you think Thread? The diminution of the league continues and your chosen team leads the charge now. Carries that banner.

We had the original..
    1984 Worthy passes the ball... And Henderson steals James wasn't big game James yet but a choker instead. Magic was tragic, Byron to green, and Rambis was laid the out ... For one summer the Celtics had brought back all our demons.
    1985 was sweet as cuz of 1984... But 84 still hurts...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing kawahi with the clips or even stay. This needs to make up his mind lol. LA would be wild though if he went with the clips can’t lie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I know redemption, Roach. The humiliation of '84 in Massachusetts...waving their white towels at us. Nothing we could do but shut the up & take it. I cried like a baby. That wasn't just to win that NBA le, but, to break not Jabbar, he'd already been broken, but, to break Magic Johnson. They knew deep in their gut that if they didn't break him as they had Jerry West & so many other Lakers he'd lead that franchise and one day defeat them. So, they defeated him, but, alas he was not broken.

A year later, once again in Massachusetts we finally broke thru. I cried like a baby. To this day I still lament the obscene tragedy of '84 over the deliverance & glory of '85. I see '84. I cannot see '85.

That said nobody's was sold on the TV that shouldn't have been sold. That happened to you & you only in Florida. You have to own that, independent of all else. You're short one, ever more. You must suffer. It is only right. No one but (I) tore you down after Florida, held you to accounts. Media didn't disturb you on that day & have still not examined the event in the intervening 6 years. That ain't right, Roach. You needed to suffer then thru Media & you were spared that suffering that inquisition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know redemption, Roach. The humiliation of '84 in Massachusetts...waving their white towels at us. Nothing we could do but shut the up & take it. I cried like a baby. That wasn't just to win that NBA le, but, to break not Jabbar, he'd already been broken, but, to break Magic Johnson. They knew deep in their gut that if they didn't break him as they had Jerry West & so many other Lakers he'd lead that franchise and one day defeat them. So, they defeated him, but, alas he was not broken.

A year later, once again in Massachusetts we finally broke thru. I cried like a baby. To this day I still lament the obscene tragedy of '84 over the deliverance & glory of '85. I see '84. I cannot see '85.

That said nobody's was sold on the TV that shouldn't have been sold. That happened to you & you only in Florida. You have to own that, independent of all else. You're short one, ever more. You must suffer. It is only right. No one but (I) tore you down after Florida, held you to accounts. Media didn't disturb you on that day & have still not examined the event in the intervening 6 years. That ain't right, Roach. You needed to suffer then thru Media & you were spared that suffering that inquisition.
    You insist on short one. I insist on square. If '13 happens, '14 does not. You and I both know the Spurs nature. I am at peace with it. There is no suffering.

As for the sparing, it is the blessing and the curse of being ignored. Nothing less and nothing more. If Tim Duncan made his hay in New York or L.A. he would be unquestionably top 5 all-time. As it stands we have hierarchical lists that have him a tier below your chucker and several below the colluder.

It's disgraceful to the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    feelin gah dang exultant today brodie. kiwi about to make it official and announce he committed to the cause

, still cant believe big hollywood bron, da brow and killa klaw will be on the same GOAT franchise. shiiet.

them s gonna do violent thangs on the court, it be like watching a full season of john wick

laker nation, y’all allowed for an early celebration. treat yourself and have a good day

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The California tax argument may definitely lure Kawhi

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    what you mean “may”

he was always gonna be a rental for the raps and the clippas treat they superstars like trash. he aint going there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kawhi signs with lakers , does he do 1+1 ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Drake is gonna start is recruiting campaign

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You insist on short one. I insist on square. If '13 happens, '14 does not.
    That don't make a lick of sense, Roach. If '13 happens that means either he & his wife never fought, or, he rang in spite of the rancorous split. Either way he rings & is free to pursue that elusive back-to-back without any roadblocks.

Christ, I don't understand why Spurs Fan can't suffer for their sins & mistakes. We all up. You ain't special just because Media refuses to cite your sins & mistakes. You still made 'em. You still ed up in '13 & again with this Leonard materiel. Take the hit, join the beaten & scarred. It ain't the end of the world. Losing '13 cannot under any cir stance be construed as a "good thing." No, now gd it, Roach. You seem like a decent fellow, but, you're mistaken here on this point. Face your fears, face the reality of that game in '13. I beseech you, old horse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah Dale's back. All is well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least half of the "Lakers" fans here are Spurs fans in drag.

I guess if you cannot get laid with your attire, any port in a storm.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At least half of the "Lakers" fans here are Spurs fans in drag.

I guess if you cannot get laid with your attire, any port in a storm.
    It'll never be like it was, D. We rang in there, then you came along to get yours & it looked like you were going to cross that bridge you'd constructed with Leonard. Tragedy struck, the bridge foundered & collapsed.

& I ain't got . I got James; there's no heart there, just a blackguard, a braggart, + Davis, you know draggin' ass behind like Lennie to George|||Mice & Men. "I'm gonna tend the rabbits, George."

me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy could you be any more ing re ed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll never be like it was, D. We rang in there, then you came along to get yours & it looked like you were going to cross that bridge you'd constructed with Leonard. Tragedy struck, the bridge foundered & collapsed.

& I ain't got . I got James; there's no heart there, just a blackguard, a braggart, + Davis, you know draggin' ass behind like Lennie to George|||Mice & Men. "I'm gonna tend the rabbits, George."

me.
    We rang with Leonard. Sans KD and Klay going out, Leonard is still looking for 2 and the Warriors are likely looking at christening the new home in style. Now, well now it's not like that.

Still, don't overrate Leonard. He's a good player, but being with Lebron and AD isn't like being with Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka. There's 4 more hands to have the ball 80% of the time. KL will be tasked with playing defense again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That don't make a lick of sense, Roach. If '13 happens that means either he & his wife never fought, or, he rang in spite of the rancorous split. Either way he rings & is free to pursue that elusive back-to-back without any roadblocks.

Christ, I don't understand why Spurs Fan can't suffer for their sins & mistakes. We all up. You ain't special just because Media refuses to cite your sins & mistakes. You still made 'em. You still ed up in '13 & again with this Leonard materiel. Take the hit, join the beaten & scarred. It ain't the end of the world. Losing '13 cannot under any cir stance be construed as a "good thing." No, now gd it, Roach. You seem like a decent fellow, but, you're mistaken here on this point. Face your fears, face the reality of that game in '13. I beseech you, old horse.
    The anger at knowing they blew '13 is what fueled '14. Without it the fire isn't lit. That is the Spurs way.

I can only concede halfway. For one year there was suffering. One. Then the redemption. All was set right again when the colluder was sent on his way.

Leonard wanted to go home as evidenced by the coming Toronto spurn. Period. No amount of degrading ourselves would have changed it.

There would be no Stay. #StayK2. Those billboards are for others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The anger at knowing they blew '13 is what fueled '14. Without it the fire isn't lit. That is the Spurs way.

I can only concede halfway. For one year there was suffering. One. Then the redemption. All was set right again when the colluder was sent on his way.

Leonard wanted to go home as evidenced by the coming Toronto spurn. Period. No amount of degrading ourselves would have changed it.

There would be no Stay. #StayK2. Those billboards are for others.
    I don't fully buy into that. Seems like mental reconciliation to make SpursFan feel better.

I think we get 13 and still get 14. Now losing 13 probably increased those chances for 14 somewhat. But they ring either way imo.

Thread Information