Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll just bet you do, midst.
    You've been gone too long. I'm not really invested in the NBA anymore, and that was when Kawhi and the Spurs were winning 67 games. If I want to watch 3 point chucking, I'll head down to the local YMCA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Sorry about det Clipper Nation - sike!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it was barren because you say so? screw that. we were here.
    My ass. This place was forsaken ground. I kept it watered & alive till you guys returned, tail tucked yes, but, once again present & accounted for. Did I take ya's to task? No. I coddled ya's for a few days even before I approached Florida. I did the right thing & now I get stabbed in the back because Leonard left. Leonard rang, and now Leonard might got the Lakers. Shame on ya's!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You've been gone too long. I'm not really invested in the NBA anymore, and that was when Kawhi and the Spurs were winning 67 games. If I want to watch 3 point chucking, I'll head down to the local YMCA.
    My ass. If you hit a plum and rang next season you'd be plump & proud, jackassing to beat the band.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't make deals with chicken s. Not like you would honor anyways.
    The olive branch remains extended, every more, tt.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ​Nary

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today's NBA.

At the risk of coming off as "butthurt," I kind of want Kiwi to choose the Lakers now in order to expose how terrible this league and the sport itself has become. It's a sport where team building strategy is basically centered around acquiring a "big 2 or 3" who are among the top 15 players in the league. Nothing else really matters. As was said in the thread, get 2 or 3 top 10-15 players in the league, fill out the roster with MLE detritus, and you're guaranteed a playoff spot.

If your team is lucky enough to have one of the top 5 game changing superstars along with a couple of top 10 player sidekicks, you're an automatic le favorite. The essential problem is that the talent balance in the NBA is too top heavy, with the talent separation between the top 5 players and the remaining players too wide. In other sports, there isn't that big of a difference between the best player in the sport and the 20th best player in the sport. In the NBA, the gap between a Kawhi, Curry, Durant, Davis, Lebron and a Paul Millsap or Jrue Holiday is laughable.

In the NBA, you're not rewarded for development, scouting, or even analytic sophistication. You're rewarded if/when the ping pong balls bounce your way or if one or more of those game changing superstars chooses your team.

NBA and basketball in general has always been a superstar driven sport, but the "superteam" phenomenon has reached critical mass. NBA "fans" are short attention span bandwagoners, so a Lakers superteam who've hoarded 3 out of the 5 best players in the league won't harm the league from a interest standpoint, but from a compe ive point-of-view, it isn't healthy.
    Honestly, the superteams are the fault of the stupid collective bargaining agreement with its max salaries. You didn't see this in the 90s because the Knicks would have to spend most of their salary cap on Ewing, the Bulls would have to spend most of it on Jordan, and so on. Back then stars got market value while teams still had to operate under a salary cap. Now why would you not form superteams when the CBA makes it so a team can comfortably fit three top five players on their payroll and still go sign MLE players each of the next 2 or 3 summers before luxury tax becomes a concern? If you can't get your money might as well get your accolades so you can get paid off endorsements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My ass. If you hit a plum and rang next season you'd be plump & proud, jackassing to beat the band.
    Again, you've been gone too long. This bull 14 second shot clock reset from an offensive rebound was the proverbial last straw. The sport has turned into rec league basketball. I do like giving your fandom the business re: Lonzo Ball, missing the playoffs for 6 years, Magic getting hung out to dry, etc, but it just ain't the same vs. the Duncan/Kobe years. You intuitively know this and trying to force what can't be forced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My ass. This place was forsaken ground. I kept it watered & alive till you guys returned, tail tucked yes, but, once again present & accounted for. Did I take ya's to task? No. I coddled ya's for a few days even before I approached Florida. I did the right thing & now I get stabbed in the back because Leonard left. Leonard rang, and now Leonard might got the Lakers. Shame on ya's!
    thats a lot of , man. you're just claiming it so, knowing there's not going to be any way for anybody to verify one way or another. nobody is gonna go back to 6 years back in the archive and dig up stats of how many posters were here or not. so you just say it as if its true. it's a lot of .

in fact, you were the one in hiding and only showed your ass after 6

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damnnn - RDAmbition doxxed as on reddit. He legit though. Part of the Buss family.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    today's NBA.

At the risk of coming off as "butthurt," I kind of want Kiwi to choose the Lakers now in order to expose how terrible this league and the sport itself has become. It's a sport where team building strategy is basically centered around acquiring a "big 2 or 3" who are among the top 15 players in the league. Nothing else really matters. As was said in the thread, get 2 or 3 top 10-15 players in the league, fill out the roster with MLE detritus, and you're guaranteed a playoff spot.

If your team is lucky enough to have one of the top 5 game changing superstars along with a couple of top 10 player sidekicks, you're an automatic le favorite. The essential problem is that the talent balance in the NBA is too top heavy, with the talent separation between the top 5 players and the remaining players too wide. In other sports, there isn't that big of a difference between the best player in the sport and the 20th best player in the sport. In the NBA, the gap between a Kawhi, Curry, Durant, Davis, Lebron and a Paul Millsap or Jrue Holiday is laughable.

In the NBA, you're not rewarded for development, scouting, or even analytic sophistication. You're rewarded if/when the ping pong balls bounce your way or if one or more of those game changing superstars chooses your team.

NBA and basketball in general has always been a superstar driven sport, but the "superteam" phenomenon has reached critical mass. NBA "fans" are short attention span bandwagoners, so a Lakers superteam who've hoarded 3 out of the 5 best players in the league won't harm the league from a interest standpoint, but from a compe ive point-of-view, it isn't healthy.
    Boiled down: Pelinka >>> RC Drunkford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, you've been gone too long. This bull 14 second shot clock reset from an offensive rebound was the proverbial last straw. The sport has turned into rec league basketball. I do like giving your fandom the business re: Lonzo Ball, missing the playoffs for 6 years, Magic getting hung out to dry, etc, but it just ain't the same vs. the Duncan/Kobe years. You intuitively know this and trying to force what can't be forced.
    24 seconds in the halfcourt is unnecessary, tbh. you get 24 and the first 8 seconds are just to get past halfcourt. based on that you'd have a solid argument for 16 seconds instead of 14, but thats splittin hairs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the superteams are the fault of the stupid collective bargaining agreement with its max salaries. You didn't see this in the 90s because the Knicks would have to spend most of their salary cap on Ewing, the Bulls would have to spend most of it on Jordan, and so on. Back then stars got market value while teams still had to operate under a salary cap. Now why would you not form superteams when the CBA makes it so a team can comfortably fit three top five players on their payroll and still go sign MLE players each of the next 2 or 3 summers before luxury tax becomes a concern? If you can't get your money might as well get your accolades so you can get paid off endorsements.
    The superteam thing is annoying, but even in the 90s, the team who had the league's best player predictably dominated. It's just the nature of the sport, since you can force feed your best player(s) the ball in a controlled possession manner. Even in football, where the QB controls offensive possession, he still needs an o-line, receivers that can catch, and a running game. QBs also don't play defense nor kick. Stars in basketball just have a huge amount of game control/impact not seen in other sports. This would be fine if there were 30 or 40 stars to go around, but it's usually the top 5 guys and everyone else. So what's left for fans of teams who don't have a top 5 player is to rely on ping pong balls or beg for a superstar free agent to "choose them."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 seconds in the halfcourt is unnecessary, tbh. you get 24 and the first 8 seconds are just to get past halfcourt. based on that you'd have a solid argument for 16 seconds instead of 14, but thats splittin hairs
    Basketball doesn't need any more "pace accelerators." The pace was always fine. Scoring was always fine. And yes, you still get 24 seconds in the half court when you call time out and advance the ball. The rule set should consistent across the board, not arbitrarily conditional because Silver wants to see more highlights produced that can be shared on twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boiled down: Lebron>>> RC Drunkford
    He's the GM of that team. And no, Pelinka didn't acquire Lebron. Lebron wanted LA for business reasons.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The superteam thing is annoying, but even in the 90s, the team who had the league's best player predictably dominated. It's just the nature of the sport, since you can force feed your best player(s) the ball in a controlled possession manner. Even in football, where the QB controls offensive possession, he still needs an o-line, receivers that can catch, and a running game. QBs also don't play defense nor kick. Stars in basketball just have a huge amount of game control/impact not seen in other sports. This would be fine if there were 30 or 40 stars to go around, but it's usually the top 5 guys and everyone else. So what's left for fans of teams who don't have a top 5 player is to rely on ping pong balls or beg for a superstar free agent to "choose them."
    The difference to me

Todays NBA = whoever wins the free agency period also wins the le

NBA is the only American sport where you can buy les and that is why it is without a doubt the worst American sport

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's the GM of that team. And no, Pelinka didn't acquire Lebron. Lebron wanted LA for business reasons.

Maybe you're onto something here . This was the plan all along. Come by himself, win a few games, see if the kids are worth a damn, if not trade them for a star. The ball for this plan began to roll when Brow signed with Klutch.

LeGM gonna win Executive of the Year

But this is no worse than having a top 50 all-time player on your roster, then tanking for Jim. You have no room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference to me

Todays NBA = whoever wins the free agency period also wins the le

NBA is the only American sport where you can buy les and that is why it is without a doubt the worst American sport
    Yep. There's been a few outliers, like the 2014 Spurs, 2011 Mavs, where the winning teams didn't feature a roster bolstered by a big off-season signing. The pre-Durant Warriors were also "built" with relatively low lottery picks, but 90 percent of the time, le teams will be loaded with prime FAs or top 3 picks who lived up to the hype (Duncan, Jordan, Hakeem).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Maybe you're onto something here . This was the plan all along. Come by himself, win a few games, see if the kids are worth a damn, if not trade them for a star. The ball for this plan began to roll when Brow signed with Klutch.

LeGM gonna win Executive of the Year

But this is no worse than having a top 50 all-time player on your roster, then tanking for Jim. You have no room
    Yes, that's basically my point. Building an NBA contender is about getting lucky in the lottery (which you increase the odds of doing through tanking, a huge problem in the NBA) or signing superstar FAs. Spurs develop a bit more than most, Manu, Parker, Kiwi, but they've been "lucky" all the same by getting lucky with a top 5 all-time great in the draft they tanked for. No Duncan, no rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The olive branch remains extended, every more, tt.
    Bend over, I’ll ing extend a branch.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My hombre Ricardo ( LkrFan ) refreshing Woj's page like crazy while frying up some milanesa.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's done. All the sharp gamblers are placing big bets on the Lakers le odds as of this moment. Reminds me of the hours before KD-GSW

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show ya great potential.
    Holy .. Where have you been old man?? I missed ya Cubs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So IF Kawhi signs you have one guy who has averaged 58 games per year, another who has played 66 games per year and a 3rd who played 55 games last year. The Lakers would be lucky if all 3 play 50 games together.
    Sixers had their full roster for like 10 games & could have won the chip if it wasn't for Kawhi

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Holy .. Where have you been old man?? I missed ya Cubs.
    I dedicated myself to President Trump, ill.

Thread Information