Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    - Copa del Rey is unpredictable, at some point Barça would drop one, Valencia is very uncomfortable matchup for Barça. The team was on fire the last part of the season, they made it to the Champions league too. Valencia isn't quite as big as Madrid, Barça or Atleti, but it's not a small team either.

- I guess Barcelona players know they didn't deserve to pass through Chelsea in 2009 or through PSG few seasons ago, first UEFA is watching more closely their games so that that kind of scandals won't repeat and second the players just can't give their best in middle of that kind of corruption.

- Agentina never won Brazil at home, Uruguay did a couple of times. Can't blame it on Messi, but his performance was mediocre to say the least. You would expect better at least in a game or two. Maybe playing fof NT isn't his thing. After the WC 2014 final, all went downhill.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    - Copa del Rey is unpredictable, at some point Barça would drop one, Valencia is very uncomfortable matchup for Barça. The team was on fire the last part of the season, they made it to the Champions league too. Valencia isn't quite as big as Madrid, Barça or Atleti, but it's not a small team either.

- I guess Barcelona players know they didn't deserve to pass through Chelsea in 2009 or through PSG few seasons ago, first UEFA is watching more closely their games so that that kind of scandals won't repeat and second the players just can't give their best in middle of that kind of corruption.

- Agentina never won Brazil at home, Uruguay did a couple of times. Can't blame it on Messi, but his performance was mediocre to say the least. You would expect better at least in a game or two. Maybe playing fof NT isn't his thing. After the WC 2014 final, all went downhill.
    And Madrid didn’t deserve 2016 CL through offside goal from Ramos and injured Salah in 2018 when they were getting outplayed

As for PSG, they Conceded SIX times, they deserved to lose

This was Messi’s worst NT tournament by far but he was good enough in 2015 and 2016

I think they’ll do really well next year and then 2022 will be Messi’s last hurrah

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And Madrid didn’t deserve 2016 CL through offside goal from Ramos and injured Salah in 2018 when they were getting outplayed

As for PSG, they Conceded SIX times, they deserved to lose

This was Messi’s worst NT tournament by far but he was good enough in 2015 and 2016

I think they’ll do really well next year and then 2022 will be Messi’s last hurrah
    Check out the PSG game. It was less outrageous than the Chelsea game, but still intolerable:

- Mascherano got hit by the ball in the extended hand from the body, in the area. Clear penalty, with the game 1:0 for Barça.
    - Piquet with a yellow, fouls Cavani that was going alone against the goalkeeper. Last man rule, second yellow and expulsion. Instead, Cavani gets the yellow for protesting.
    - The storage penalty over Neymar. It's Neymar that initiates the contact with the the head of the PSG player and fells down. The ref says no penalty, but the 5th ref says it's penalty. He saw it from far away.
    - Neymar fouls Marquinhos without the ball in front of the ref, direct red. Only gets a yellow.
    - Mascherano makes a ridiculous violent foul over Di Maria in the area, alone against the goalkeeper. Last man rule and foul from behind, direct red and a penalty, the ref let's the play continue. Di Maria stays injured long time.
    - Suarez dives in the area, he already had a yellow for diving. Second yellow and expulsion. Instead a penalty that put the game 5:1.

It's just way too much. The organized corruption from Barcelona is the reason why the Champions and La Liga have bad reputation.

No one is perfect, the refs make mistakes in one way or another, however Madrid still won their Champions on the field. On the other hand Barça . . . that's madness.

And it's not only the refs and the VAR. Pérez said Neymar was to cost Madrid much more, then you hear he got paid under the table in cash, defrauding taxes and some en y that held 30% of Neymar rights while in Santos.

The club has became a joke and everyone knows it.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Check out the PSG game. It was less outrageous than the Chelsea game, but still intolerable:

- Mascherano got hit by the ball in the extended hand from the body, in the area. Clear penalty, with the game 1:0 for Barça.
    - Piquet with a yellow, fouls Cavani that was going alone against the goalkeeper. Last man rule, second yellow and expulsion. Instead, Cavani gets the yellow for protesting.
    - The storage penalty over Neymar. It's Neymar that initiates the contact with the the head of the PSG player and fells down. The ref says no penalty, but the 5th ref says it's penalty. He saw it from far away.
    - Neymar fouls Marquinhos without the ball in front of the ref, direct red. Only gets a yellow.
    - Mascherano makes a ridiculous violent foul over Di Maria in the area, alone against the goalkeeper. Last man rule and foul from behind, direct red and a penalty, the ref let's the play continue. Di Maria stays injured long time.
    - Suarez dives in the area, he already had a yellow for diving. Second yellow and expulsion. Instead a penalty that put the game 5:1.

It's just way too much. The organized corruption from Barcelona is the reason why the Champions and La Liga have bad reputation.

No one is perfect, the refs make mistakes in one way or another, however Madrid still won their Champions on the field. On the other hand Barça . . . that's madness.

And it's not only the refs and the VAR. Pérez said Neymar was to cost Madrid much more, then you hear he got paid under the table in cash, defrauding taxes and some en y that held 30% of Neymar rights while in Santos.

The club has became a joke and everyone knows it.
    Suarez was grabbed at by the neck, he definitely embellished but as a defender you shouldn't even be putting your hands above th attackers shoulders like that, you are just asking for trouble.

Neymar's foul was NEVER a red good lord, and you complain about mascherano's penalty yet fail to mention the tackle on Neymar just two minutes earlier that wasn't called at all.

For the first penalty it absolutely was a penalty. The guy is barreling into Neymar ffs, you can't just fly into players in the box while on the ground. The defender tripped over himself and stumbled into Neymar. There is contact, it's a penalty.

The only call I agree is suspect is the Di Maria foul from Mascherano.

As for Chelsea/Barca, you love to bring it up but it is the most overblown match in CL history. Barca did get more benefits than Chelsea, I don't argue that, but Chelsea also got away with a lot themselves:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54vo8g

It goes both ways, although again, Barca got more of the benefit than Chelsea. But there was a lot of crap against Barca as well.

And finally, you call them a joke of a club yet that joke annihilates Real Madrid in La Liga this decade time and time again. You'll blame VAR and yet Barca got screwed out of a 2017 le when the ball crossed the line against Real Betis and wasn't counted at all, robbing them of two points and they lost the league by one. Of course you fail to mention that.

And BEST of all in La Liga....La Liga President Tebas is a HUGE Madrid fan. So please...A Madrid fan of all people complaining about the refs being biased is beyond ludicrous. Barca absolutely have gotten some favorable calls over the years, but so have Madrid.

It goes both ways.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    We badly need new superstars. This is getting old

Thread Information