Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if that was mentioned before but what have the spurs to sign someone in the free agency ? Are we sure that caroll took a part of the MLE ? I saw something with caroll (cap), gay early bird...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Defensive liability, nowhere near where he was pre-achilles and quad tear, outdated position, terrible at ude on court and in locker room. There is no reason to sign him.
    LMAO, talking about defensive liabilities with DeRozan, Forbes and Mills on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO, talking about defensive liabilities with DeRozan, Forbes and Mills on the team.
    More of a reason not to sign him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if that was mentioned before but what have the spurs to sign someone in the free agency ? Are we sure that caroll took a part of the MLE ? I saw something with caroll (cap), gay early bird...
    We don't have any cap space. We only have the MLE. Carroll signed for more than the vet min so logic dictates spurs used a portion of the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the point. Playing trash defenders on the perimeter is magnified when you're interior defense is . At least spurs have solid defense in the front court which is the only reason we aren't complete on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got to be better than Portl-Potty.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want him in. If he is willing to come for what we have left to offer, then IMO you gotta give it a go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm in the minority camp of people who have always wished for cousins on the spurs. i would've like him more when he was younger but given the same role he had on the warriors i'd take him in a heartbeat on the spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s trying to infest the team with stage 4 cancer cause thats all he is is a cancer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not at all sure I would bring in Cousins. That said,

Y The only problem would be to clear up a roster spot for him. Who would be the one to go? Metu, Eubanks, or Bertans?
    It can't be Eubanks - he's on a two-way and Cousins can't take one of those, he's been in the league too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a vet minimum deal Cousins is going to provide some pretty good value for some team. He's not going to command much money, and he'll be needing a chance to prove he belongs in the league again, so I'd expect him to be a good team player. Not bad for a guy who was considered one of the top two or three bigs in the game a couple of years ago.

That said, I'm not sure I'd bring him to San Antonio.
    No reason to given we have LMA and Purrtles the cat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got to be better than Portl-Potty.
    Sure, until he gets hurt 10 games into the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face it. Spurs currently are 6-8 seed, even people talking missing the playoffs. Suddenly, championship aspiration for a minimum?
    Cousins doesn't move the needle nearly that much. If he moved it at all, there would be a market for him. This is the new 3 point, 7 seconds or less NBA, and he's basically irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass.

Ball hog, old school center who was still whining even on the Warriors. He knew he would be a low option with GS and still found ways to cry for more touches. There's a reason why the Warriors want no part of him even with all the talent that has been lost.

Bad defender. Injury prone. Angry emo personality. And let's not forget the disrespect he showed Duncan over the years and the time he tried to fight Sean Elliott.

I'd rather the Spurs dig up the corpse of Karl Malone and sign him or ink Patty Mills to a max extension than bring in Cousins, tbh.
    agreed. it's telling that he isn't getting any interest (not even from teams that are always trying to make a splash-like the rockets). he'll eventually get someone to bite but the dude in on the cusp of pouting himself out of the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ,no way no how,complete cancer
    Enjoyed Timmy clowning his ass every damn time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, that's Shams one of only two real NBA insiders you can trust.
    thanks, would've never guessed. i thought it was just some random dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no market from him atm.

nobody is lining up to sign this guy
    He is still gonna get more then the Vet Min that people are remarking in this thread. NBA players getting max contracts that have no business getting such lucrative contracts. Today's NBA. Some Team is gonna take a flyer on this guy and over pay him. I guarantee it. Just not enough talented players to go around in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2018 16.3 points 8.2 rebounds
    Yes, in 30 games. How's he going to look in 82 games and not have the spacing he gets when he plays with Curry, Thompson, and Durant? And what's he going to do to team chemistry when Pop plays him 10 minutes and he wants 30+ to go prove his value to the league?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is still gonna get more then the Vet Min that people are remarking in this thread. NBA players getting max contracts that have no business getting such lucrative contracts. Today's NBA. Some Team is gonna take a flyer on this guy and over pay him. I guarantee it. Just not enough talented players to go around in the NBA.
    well if that was the case somebody would have offered him it already ?

woj reported not many teams have interest in him.

I can lakers or clippers offering him a good deal if kawhi returns to Toronto .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't fit today's NBA. If you can't defend at least a little bit in space, you can't play major minutes. He's completely lost in that environment, getting blown by or shot over nearly every time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins doesn't move the needle nearly that much. If he moved it at all, there would be a market for him. This is the new 3 point, 7 seconds or less NBA, and he's basically irrelevant.
    The guy put up 16 points, 8 rebounds in 25mpg last year. That is way better than Poeltl. Check
    He can depend Jokic or any low post bigs. Check
    He would demand double team, open up our shooters. Check
    He brings toughness, rebounds. Check

I still believe games will slow down with Dubs down, Rockets in disarray. Zion, Embiid, Jokic, Greek Freak, LeBron/Davis. Big men will start to dominate again, and it doesn’t hurt to have Cousins esp for the minimum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins can help this team. Him slowing down Jokic, Anthony Davis, etc so Aldridge doesn’t get worn out and has energy for the offensive end is reason enough you sign him up.

If he were to pull a Rudy Gay and bounce back with our training staff during next 2 years then you’re cooking with gas

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge, Poetl, Cousins
    Gay and Carroll

That’s solid, plus gives you good insurance in case someone gets injury bug heaven forbid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are crazy. He was coming off an Achilles injury, obviously he wasn’t t going to put up all star numbers right off the bat. Especially on the warriors with like 3 other scoring options. He’s a great value at 3 mil. He’d be the perfect backup for Jakob and would do great with the second unit his passing and ability to space the floor would mesh well imo. I understand he has his character concerns but what better coach to whip him into shape than Pop? Low risk, extremely high reward situation.

Thread Information