Post Count
    Spurs need to go after this.
    why and for what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why and for what?
    Because we still need a starting calibur 3D player who can guard 3's. We should try and give up something from the belli, bertans, mills group plus next years 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we still need a starting calibur 3D player who can guard 3's. We should try and give up something from the belli, bertans, mills group plus next years 1st.
    i think he's overrated and will not waste a first n him, we have Carroll who he's basiclly the same
    Covington become almost unplayable in the playoff, looks at his playoff numbers:
    Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2017-18 27 PHI NBA SF 10 8 28.1 2.7 8.3 .325 1.5 4.8 .313 1.2 3.5 .343 .416 1.2 1.6 .750 1.2 4.1 5.3 2.5 1.1 0.9 1.1 3.0 8.1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think he's overrated and will not waste a first n him, we have Carroll who he's basiclly the same
    Covington become almost unplayable in the playoff, looks at his playoff numbers:
    Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2017-18 27 PHI NBA SF 10 8 28.1 2.7 8.3 .325 1.5 4.8 .313 1.2 3.5 .343 .416 1.2 1.6 .750 1.2 4.1 5.3 2.5 1.1 0.9 1.1 3.0 8.1
    I like the Carroll signing but, I don't think hes in the same class as Covington. As long as the magical checks out hes a no brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get this guy. With Morris on board this guy was a luxury. Without Morris this guy is a must just to stay afloat. I don't think it's smart to put all our 3 and D hope eggs on the DeMarre Carroll basket, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me we have to get Covington or gets Winslow out of the OKC-Miami deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think marvin williams is needed now tbh and if they can get him for patty or beli

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol....... relax homies��. The commitment to defense is at front of patfo’s minds. Enjoy the work......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sux is that before nephew the SF was a position we took effing years to fill and now that nephew nephew'd we're back to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sux is that before nephew the SF was a position we took effing years to fill and now that nephew nephew'd we're back to it.
    I guess you hate Derozan. We do have Keldon ready to play by the next year more than likely. I believe Pop will play 3 gaurds 2 forward type lineups. I.E. (Murray, White, Walker, Samanic, Metu) (White, Walker Keldon, Samanic, free agent) (Forbes, Murray, Walker, Metu, Poeltl). We are in another transition type year but we could start seeing the fruits of the G League and PATFO labor in our young guys as early as this year. Can't Wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need this guy, but with Bertans gone it seems like we don't have the pieces for a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you hate Derozan. We do have Keldon ready to play by the next year more than likely. I believe Pop will play 3 gaurds 2 forward type lineups. I.E. (Murray, White, Walker, Samanic, Metu) (White, Walker Keldon, Samanic, free agent) (Forbes, Murray, Walker, Metu, Poeltl). We are in another transition type year but we could start seeing the fruits of the G League and PATFO labor in our young guys as early as this year. Can't Wait.
    When did I say I hated DeRozan? But he's not a strong swing 3/4 like we need. He's a 2/3 at best and not a defensive stopper or strong rebounder.

And, no, Keldon Johnson will not be ready next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need this guy, but with Bertans gone it seems like we don't have the pieces for a trade
    It would have to be a scenario where minny knows they cant move wiggins (which they'd prefer to do) and they decide to get off of Covington's deal and add picks. We shouldn't send young player other than bryn but we should put together a puck centric package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I say I hated DeRozan? But he's not a strong swing 3/4 like we need. He's a 2/3 at best and not a defensive stopper or strong rebounder.

And, no, Keldon Johnson will not be ready next year.
    I get it but not all teams have the same structure. With Gay/Carroll/Samanic/Metu (PF done). We only need a SF. Derozan is more a full-time SF. He will guard SFs better than quicker gaurds imo. Plus we have way too many 1 and 2s. Derozan is our SF, period. Walker and Carroll will back him up. I don't think it's a huge hole now that we have Walker and Keldon tbh. We more need to worry about replacing LMA when he leaves now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gave our best trade piece away for nothing, I could see minny taking Bertans, mills...not so much...besides that covingtons knees are a real concern and he would need to show that he is healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gave our best trade piece away for nothing, I could see minny taking Bertans, mills...not so much...besides that covingtons knees are a real concern and he would need to show that he is healthy.
    If his knees are a concern, Minnesota should be a little more willing to trade him then. Give up picks. I don’t care. We have enough young talent. Covington could be a key piece to this team.

Thread Information