Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC couldve gotten Lou Williams and Shamet too, but I guess Presti is all for a rebuild
    Lou is old, but Shamet is young enough to be part of a rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably don't draft Lonnie or they take him over SGA. Could have also taken a risk on MPJ, or tried to trade up for Luka (really anywhere in the top 5 would have been a big win).
    Lonnie was in their top 10. They would have picked him at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I understood was it was Harris, and either one or both of the Clip's picks, which were at 12 and 13, late lottery picks. Spurs would have picked LW IV anyway, since he was in their top 10 picks, so a one year rental of Harris, plus Lonnie, who we got anyway, plus one pick? Hardly a haul.
    Spurs would never pay Harris 4/$180M. He'd be gone like Kawhi.
    They would have flipped him to Philly like the Clips did making the Clipper Kawhi trade a huge haul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Duncan2K5, if you have access (hang out with him) Tim Duncan, have you ever asked him about the Kawhi situation?
    Stop being so ing gullible. 2k5 knows about anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SIAP.....I'm shocked to find out the mutant can actually call another person and carry on a conversation, much less actually recruit players to play with. The Paul George quote is funny. Durant spurned Leonard to play with Kyrie in NY, and Leonard spurned Lebron to play for the Clips with George. I know Kawhi's as well as Presti's actions fall into the "it's just business" category, but did the Lakers ever get used, abused and manipulated on this one. Props to Toronto for quickly seeing through the haze that Leonard and Presti were trying to leverage and play them.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/...ce-paul-george

Quote:
    While the Lakers tried to secure a commitment from Kawhi Leonard, the 28-year-old star was instead secretly ramping up his recruit efforts for Paul George.

According to a report from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, Leonard recruited All-Star forward Kevin Durant pretty heavily in the weeks leading up to free agency. Durant ultimately turned down Leonard's request and instead signed a four-year max deal with the Brooklyn Nets.

George was Leonard’s next target. Leonard began recruiting George “hard” to make it a reality last week, and the idea excited George, according to a person familiar with the player’s thinking. Though many reports suggested Leonard had an opinion one way or another about forming a super team, the truth was Leonard was looking for what he deemed the best situation.

The final push began Monday when Leonard and a few close associates met with a Clippers contingent at Doc Rivers’ house in Malibu. Rivers made an impassioned pitch to Leonard. They left believing they had a shot at Leonard if they could deliver a second star to play alongside him. Both sides went to work to make that happen. At the same time he was meeting with the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors, Leonard was meeting, calling and texting with George, trying to convince him to find a way out of Oklahoma City. Said one source close to George, “For a quiet guy, he’s a of a recruiter.”

In between his meetings with the Clippers and Raptors, Leonard reportedly met with Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and GM Rob Pelinka on Tuesday at the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake Village. The meeting was initially set to take place at the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo, about 40 miles away from Westlake Village; however, sources say Leonard requested the switch just hours before the sit-down. Why? According to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, "it appears" Leonard had also met George nearby on that same day.

Kawhi’s camp then asked the Raptors earlier in the week about the possibility of acquiring George or Washington’s Bradley Beal. According to Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star, team president Masai Ujiri considered the request.

Oklahoma reportedly asked for Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet and four unprotected first-round picks as a starting point from the Toronto Raptors in trade talks involving Paul George. And as the Kawhi camp made escalating demands, the Raptors began to feel they were being used as leverage and that Kawhi and his people were focused on going to Los Angeles. Kawhi was in Toronto from Wednesday to Friday, and was indeed on the company plane as it flew back to San Diego on Friday morning.

While all of this was going on, a person familiar with their thinking said, the Lakers had no idea that the Clippers and Raptors were attempting to trade for George to give Leonard his desired teammate. The Lakers couldn’t have traded for George even if they wanted to. They had emptied their cupboard in trading for [Anthony] Davis and had nothing left to give.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, he's probably one of those Dominican or Haitian transplants...which represent the worst humanity has to offer if you have ever interacted with them on a daily basis. DeadlyDynasty can back me up on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was in their top 10. They would have picked him at 12.
    Totally agree with you here that had we made that trade with the Clippers and got back #12 & #13, we would have picked Lonnie, and probably at #12.
    That begs the question....who would we have drafted with #13 and our own #18?

At #13 Miles Bridges or Jerome Robinson, or take a gamble on red shirting Michael Porter Jr?

At #18, then talent really dries up.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...well every race has their exceptions.

A spade is a spade though. In all my years in healthcare(over 20) I can't say I've worked with a Dominican or Haitian that wasn't mostly useless. Nigerians are 50/50. Asians work hard but actively refuse to associate with anyone but their own and they are cheap. They always round up the leftovers if lunch gets provided at work.

But I'm not ignorant to my own races issues. , you have a huge swath of willfully dumb white people who still defend Donald Trump...and you have the rich white elite who their fellow man without conscience to keep the 1% fat and happy.

There'd be a lot more unity if races were honest about the glaring problems their own race has, but they aren't...so it. I'll still call it like I see it regardless.

Anyway, back in topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I understood was it was Harris, and either one or both of the Clip's picks, which were at 12 and 13, late lottery picks. Spurs would have picked LW IV anyway, since he was in their top 10 picks, so a one year rental of Harris, plus Lonnie, who we got anyway, plus one pick? Hardly a haul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people still thinking Harris would be a good fit? The guy is overpaid. You could make an argument that Marcus Morris is a better player because he's as versatile as Harris on offense while being elite on defense. Harris is a traffic cone. He just takes more shots than Marcus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SIAP.....I'm shocked to find out the mutant can actually call another person and carry on a conversation, much less actually recruit players to play with. The Paul George quote is funny. Durant spurned Leonard to play with Kyrie in NY, and Leonard spurned Lebron to play for the Clips with George. I know Kawhi's as well as Presti's actions fall into the "it's just business" category, but did the Lakers ever get used, abused and manipulated on this one. Props to Toronto for quickly seeing through the haze that Leonard and Presti were trying to leverage and play them.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/...ce-paul-george

Quote:
    While the Lakers tried to secure a commitment from Kawhi Leonard, the 28-year-old star was instead secretly ramping up his recruit efforts for Paul George.

According to a report from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, Leonard recruited All-Star forward Kevin Durant pretty heavily in the weeks leading up to free agency. Durant ultimately turned down Leonard's request and instead signed a four-year max deal with the Brooklyn Nets.

George was Leonard’s next target. Leonard began recruiting George “hard” to make it a reality last week, and the idea excited George, according to a person familiar with the player’s thinking. Though many reports suggested Leonard had an opinion one way or another about forming a super team, the truth was Leonard was looking for what he deemed the best situation.

The final push began Monday when Leonard and a few close associates met with a Clippers contingent at Doc Rivers’ house in Malibu. Rivers made an impassioned pitch to Leonard. They left believing they had a shot at Leonard if they could deliver a second star to play alongside him. Both sides went to work to make that happen. At the same time he was meeting with the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors, Leonard was meeting, calling and texting with George, trying to convince him to find a way out of Oklahoma City. Said one source close to George, “For a quiet guy, he’s a of a recruiter.”

In between his meetings with the Clippers and Raptors, Leonard reportedly met with Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and GM Rob Pelinka on Tuesday at the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake Village. The meeting was initially set to take place at the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo, about 40 miles away from Westlake Village; however, sources say Leonard requested the switch just hours before the sit-down. Why? According to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, "it appears" Leonard had also met George nearby on that same day.

Kawhi’s camp then asked the Raptors earlier in the week about the possibility of acquiring George or Washington’s Bradley Beal. According to Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star, team president Masai Ujiri considered the request.

Oklahoma reportedly asked for Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet and four unprotected first-round picks as a starting point from the Toronto Raptors in trade talks involving Paul George. And as the Kawhi camp made escalating demands, the Raptors began to feel they were being used as leverage and that Kawhi and his people were focused on going to Los Angeles. Kawhi was in Toronto from Wednesday to Friday, and was indeed on the company plane as it flew back to San Diego on Friday morning.

While all of this was going on, a person familiar with their thinking said, the Lakers had no idea that the Clippers and Raptors were attempting to trade for George to give Leonard his desired teammate. The Lakers couldn’t have traded for George even if they wanted to. They had emptied their cupboard in trading for [Anthony] Davis and had nothing left to give.
    Raptors refusing to trade Siakim and Patty Van Fleet to have Nephew and Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people still thinking Harris would be a good fit? The guy is overpaid. You could make an argument that Marcus Morris is a better player because he's as versatile as Harris on offense while being elite on defense. Harris is a traffic cone. He just takes more shots than Marcus

Wth couldnt we just have traded him away like lac?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors refusing to trade Siakim and Patty Van Fleet to have Nephew and Paul George.
    You forgot the four first round draft choices. The Raps knew they were getting played by Kawhi so why continue the dance when they knew he was going to ultimately sign with a LA team, and then have the trade details leak out to Siakim and Van Fleet and poison the team?

No need to @ the Raptors. They gave it an honest shot and walked away from the table when they knew the game was over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot the four first round draft choices. The Raps knew they were getting played by Kawhi so why continue the dance when they knew he was going to ultimately sign with a LA team, and then have the trade details leak out to Siakim and Van Fleet and poison the team?

No need to @ the Raptors. They gave it an honest shot and walked away from the table when they knew the game was over.
    Raptors. They just traded their most loyal player for a one year rental. No one is going there unless drafted or desperate now. Nephew was there only chance to be relevant during the next five years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors. They just traded their most loyal player for a one year rental. No one is going there unless drafted or desperate now. Nephew was there only chance to be relevant during the next five years.
    Toronto was stuck in stasis and weren't going anywhere otherwise.

They got out of DeMars contract and got a championship out of it. Pretty sure most Raptors fans are still happy with the trade even in hindsight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They got out of DeMars contract and got a championship out of it. Pretty sure most Raptors fans are still happy with the trade even in hindsight.
    Yup, I’m just saying you trade everything if it gets Nephew to stay. Fred Van Fleet can’t be off limits

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Umm. I guess 76ers will be pretty good even though they lost Butler and Red but their old Raptors team plus an improved Siakim and Van Fleet could easily win the East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm. I guess 76ers will be pretty good even though they lost Butler and Red but their old Raptors team plus an improved Siakim and Van Fleet could easily win the East.
    easily

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning is winning - Dominic Toretto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Multiple sources

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Spurs fans being equated to Trump supports, 2K? Your ramblings and blanket generalizations about massive groups of people (either Spurs fans or Trump supporters) make absolutely no sense. Must be trolling, right?

FWIW, top level NBA players now pay only 50-55% of their gross income to the government instead of 65-70%. I bet a few of the NBA players recognize this fact and vote to continue that dynamic next year - of course that would be on the down low.
    U clearly don't know what a marginal tax rate is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont even know what you are talking about...you fvcking moron
    Clever response... U must be smart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Multiple sources
    as dumb as some posters here are, most people on this board know more than these so called experts at ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the special needs person in the 2K avatar pic with TD the actual poster? Tim has always been sensitive to the less fortunate - that is one of his best traits. On the other hand, #2 would p*ss on him because he reminded him of his own mental health problems.
    Yes that's me and Timmy hanging out in st Croix... And no, not special needs... Just speak hard facts that small minds don't want to process

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't. His avatar probably came from some public event where TD was taking pictures with everyone. The only other access is perhaps food TD brings during the holidays to whatever poor neighborhood he lives in. Tbh, he's probably one of those Dominican or Haitian transplants...which represent the worst humanity has to offer if you have ever interacted with them on a daily basis. DeadlyDynasty can back me up on that one.

The only poster I know here that has legit access to a player(outside of the owners) is ElNono. He's spent a lot of time visiting with Manu at games over the years.
    Duncan may seem inaccessible to u ppl... But when he his home, it's different... He still has the same best friend from school days, who still lives here...

Thread Information