Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think that's how it works

i mean if you're buying Sony model ABC123 from WalMart or BestBuy it's going to be identical. It's possible that Walmart doesnt sell the ABC123 but they sell the ABC123b or some , which is a "lesser" model. but it would be fraud to use different component parts for the same product...

as long as you are careful about the model number, there's no reason you should avoid shopping at any particular store.
    Look at the model numbers.. They have exclusive Wal-Mart versions of the same line of TV's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every TV that Wal-Mart sells is basically garbage. Wal-Mart gets their own versions of TV's exclusively from the manufacturer that cut features use cheaper parts to be able to sell cheaper to the customers. If you're gonna buy a TV go to audio/video place or Best Buy.
    This happens a lot also with Black Friday editions of TVs. But, if you can make do with one less HDMI input and no ethernet, they're not terrible deals, especially if you're on a budget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This happens a lot also with Black Friday editions of TVs. But, if you can make do with one less HDMI input and no ethernet, they're not terrible deals, especially if you're on a budget.
    I saw some of Wal-Mart's versions missing like local dimming and instead being edge lit models in their line.. average TV buyer has no idea what difference the lighting tech of the TV makes on picture, they just see Samsung's logo and are satisfied

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the model numbers.. They have exclusive Wal-Mart versions of the same line of TV's
    This is true of a lot of their products, including appliances, toys, etc. You just have to know what your buying and what the differences are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw some of Wal-Mart's versions missing like local dimming and instead being edge lit models in their line.. average TV buyer has no idea what difference the lighting tech of the TV makes on picture, they just see Samsung's logo and are satisfied
    i never knew any of this.... wow! thanks for the heads up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just have to make sure you are paying close attention to the model number

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there are three LCD manufacturers on the planet. They may skimp on the other components, but it is Samsung, LG, and Sharp that make the panels I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you just have to make sure you are paying close attention to the model number
    What I have to do is make sure I don't purchase TV's from Wal-Mart

At least not if it's going to be my main TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there are three LCD manufacturers on the planet. They may skimp on the other components, but it is Samsung, LG, and Sharp that make the panels I believe.
    LG makes good TV's too, they just play catch up to Samsung on basically everything.. OLED for example.. Just when LG starts manufacturing some pretty good OLED screens, Samsung has already moved on to better tech that provides the same true black minus the terrible image retention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I have to do is make sure I don't purchase TV's from Wal-Mart

At least not if it's going to be my main TV.
    That's the thing. I have six tvs set up in my house right now. A couple of them are older 780p LCDs that will be replaced eventually (one has crayon all over the screen ). But if it isn't something that gets heavy usage, or is primarily for kid , I see no reason to spend a lot of money on it. TVs are so goddamn cheap now that they're almost disposible anyway.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LG makes good TV's too, they just play catch up to Samsung on basically everything.. OLED for example.. Just when LG starts manufacturing some pretty good OLED screens, Samsung has already moved on to better tech that provides the same true black minus the terrible image retention.
    LG usually has the lowest lag though which puts them way above Samsung since I care most about gaming when shopping for a TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LG usually has the lowest lag though which puts them way above Samsung since I care most about gaming when shopping for a TV.
    Even with "game mode" on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with "game mode" on?
    Yeah from the reviews I have seen LG is usually top of the line for lag on game mode with all the frame interpolation and noise reduction turned off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah from the reviews I have seen LG is usually top of the line for lag on game mode with all the frame interpolation and noise reduction turned off.
    I like LG phones, and this budget 4k TV is good. Their AMOLED TV is beautiful but my cousin's TV already has an ESPN ticker burn in and conditioning the TV doesnt help.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are there people still using the Old TVs as Main TVs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there people still using the Old TVs as Main TVs?
    Your mom. I can’t even mirror my disco app while I’m given her da bizzness

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Abuela has one back home, she told me that there's no need for an upgrade since the television is still working.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    both of my tvs are from around 2008

one is 32 and the other is 36 i think.

i know tvs are pretty cheap these days but mine work fine tbh... i keep thinking, what will i do with my old one if i buy a new one? no one would buy it.

haven't had a console in about a decade and don't watch much tv...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had a dumb tv until i moved a few months ago. wasn't worth shipping something that old. new TV's are cheap as . got a 58 inch 4k ruku tv for $300

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still running a Bravia from 2011. I'm dreading replacing that since the component input is being phased out and I like having both my PS2 and my BC Wii hooked up (mostly play Gamecube on it though) over component.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I always say, get an old, dumb CRT for your vintage gaming or maybe even any gaming if you don't mind smaller screen sizes and can deal with the space and weight issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still running a Bravia from 2011. I'm dreading replacing that since the component input is being phased out and I like having both my PS2 and my BC Wii hooked up (mostly play Gamecube on it though) over component.
    arent there component/hdmi converters?

i know i have the same concern when i eventually bring my n64 over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arent there component/hdmi converters?

i know i have the same concern when i eventually bring my n64 over
    I'm eventually going to have to buy something like an OSSC. All the PS2 HDMI adapters ing suck. Prob the same for Wii too, though I could prob live without that one in hardware since Gamecube emulation is rock solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i had a dumb tv until i moved a few months ago. wasn't worth shipping something that old. new TV's are cheap as . got a 58 inch 4k ruku tv for $300
    They are cheap I agree

As for TV OS. I think I prefer Android

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I made the jump from CRT to LCD around 2010, i vividly remember i was playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on my 360 at the time and it blew my mind all the detail in the buildings, Ezio's outfit etc. that i couldn't see before on the ol' brick.

Thread Information