Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do lol

1080P HDTV Samsung TV from 2008 or 2009

Regresh rate is 60

Excellent image retention

Nice dark burn in on the bottom right corner, blends in well when watching nature do entaries

I know 4K, smart TVs are affordable these days, but at the same time I don’t watch a whole lot of TV and I don’t think I really need a brand new TV

Until the wheels fall off ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do lol

1080P HDTV Samsung TV from 2008 or 2009

Regresh rate is 60

Excellent image retention

Nice dark burn in on the bottom right corner, blends in well when watching nature do entaries

I know 4K, smart TVs are affordable these days, but at the same time I don’t watch a whole lot of TV and I don’t think I really need a brand new TV

Until the wheels fall off ?
    i also have an old 52 inch 1080 samsung, no built in features/apps at all. but will be getting a new one when i move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i also have an old 52 inch 1080 samsung, no built in features/apps at all. but will be getting a new one when i move
    I pray everyday that our main TV goes kaput just so I’ll have a reason. My wife is hoping it’s the fridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here.

Just a normal non-smart 1080P HD TV.

I was looking around for non-smart TVs and I couldn't find a one, sadly.

Everything has to be connected to the net these days and I dont like it. My brother has had at least 2 TVs brick because of firmware updates.

I want none of that . My consoles have all the media I would need so I will stay away from "smart" anything as long as I can hold on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here.

Everything has to be connected to the net these days and I dont like it. My brother has had at least 2 TVs brick because of firmware updates.

I want none of that . My consoles have all the media I would need so I will stay away from "smart" anything as long as I can hold on.
    or you can just, not connect it to the net

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you can just, not connect it to the net
    Sure if you don’t mind the TV asking you to connect to the net for require updates every time you turn it on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure if you don’t mind the TV asking you to connect to the net for require updates every time you turn it on.
    you can probably kill those notifications. not that big a deal tbh. TV's are crazy cheap these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my living room TV mounted and don't wanna take it down, but the one in my bedroom is 4K and much better despite being much cheaper.. The Fire Stick makes it not re ed.. 'Til the wheel's fall off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pray everyday that our main TV goes kaput just so I’ll have a reason. My wife is hoping it’s the fridge.
    Lol same here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my living room TV mounted and don't wanna take it down, but the one in my bedroom is 4K and much better despite being much cheaper.. The Fire Stick makes it not re ed.. 'Til the wheel's fall off
    Yeah today’s TVs are much better and cheaper than mine lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here.

Pretty sure BestBuy has non smart, 4K tvs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wheels just fell off my 1080p Sharp; got the dreaded flashing status lights. Will either get a 4k TV with Roku built in or maybe some Sceptre-type dumbass tv since I already have the fancy 4k Roku I got half price from Amazon last Black Friday. I am wary of updates and support lifetimes for the streaming parts of TVs -- seems easier just to upgrade the boxes and trickle down the older models to the other TVs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're over exaggerating the need for a TV to connect to the net.. Sure it may prompt you for a firmware update that may be available, but in no way do you NEED internet for a TV to function

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here.

I know nothing about them or if they are worth a , but Walmart sells non-smart 4k TVs for dirt cheap. The brand name is Onn. The bad news is that it's a Walmart TV. The good news is that Walmart takes returns on any item for any reason at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that apps run better faster on latest consoles or boxes than they do on smart TVs because of processor/RAM

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I bought a semi-smart 42" Vizio 1080P TV in 2015 for maybe $499? It's ing hilarious how you can buy a smart 50" LED TV of the same brand for $299 nowadays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read somewhere that apps run better faster on latest consoles or boxes than they do on smart TVs because of processor/RAM
    I buy that.

On another note
    We got a smart TV for our bedroom and all of a sudden, Prime quit working. After some research, it turns out Amazon quit supporting that Vizio model so it wouldn’t update. This is after only 3 years. Amazon did give us $50 credit for a fire box. They did the same when our first generation box wasn’t compatible with DirecTV Now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know nothing about them or if they are worth a , but Walmart sells non-smart 4k TVs for dirt cheap. The brand name is Onn. The bad news is that it's a Walmart TV. The good news is that Walmart takes returns on any item for any reason at all.
    Onn? Lol what the is that?

Never been to a Walmart is my life. Now that you bring that up, I don’t think I have seen a Walmart store in New York like ever.

When this one goes, I will make the jump. Smart TVs are so damn cheap it’s just not worth wasting any other efforts to try and hunt for non Smart TVs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spent $300 and got a 58 inch 4K sharp roku tv

tvs are too cheap these days to really give a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're trash tbh. I'd go for Insignia by Best Buy for a "house" brand non smart TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're trash tbh. I'd go for Insignia by Best Buy for a "house" brand non smart TV.
    was looking into those too. seem to have a lot of mixed reviews though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're trash tbh.
    Are they? I took a look at them 6 months or so back, but even the people at Walmart couldn't tell me anything about them. I ended up buying two 50" 4k Visios because I was rearranging a couple rooms in the house (one of the tvs is still in the box ). Neither of them will be used for gaming or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every TV that Wal-Mart sells is basically garbage. Wal-Mart gets their own versions of TV's exclusively from the manufacturer that cut features use cheaper parts to be able to sell cheaper to the customers. If you're gonna buy a TV go to audio/video place or Best Buy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can find a good deals on BestBuy's site that are @ the store but not on the floor. I found our 67 inch LG there in February for like less than $500 OTD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every TV that Wal-Mart sells is basically garbage. Wal-Mart gets their own versions of TV's exclusively from the manufacturer that cut features use cheaper parts to be able to sell cheaper to the customers. If you're gonna buy a TV go to audio/video place or Best Buy.
    i dont think that's how it works

i mean if you're buying Sony model ABC123 from WalMart or BestBuy it's going to be identical. It's possible that Walmart doesnt sell the ABC123 but they sell the ABC123b or some , which is a "lesser" model. but it would be fraud to use different component parts for the same product...

as long as you are careful about the model number, there's no reason you should avoid shopping at any particular store.

Thread Information