Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so you were talking about irrelevant things and didn't like it when other people did too?

I'm trying to understand why you're so indignant. It's just a message board.
    The old "it's just a message board" card when being caught saying something stupid.

Sure, everything anyone does here is irrelevant. A guy could give a great analysis about something and that great analysis would still be "irrelevant" in the grand scheme of things because that guy isn't in a place of power. You had a different level of irrelevancy though. You just made a dumbass comment that had nothing to do with what was being argued. And then, you doubled down on dumbassery by not understanding why your comment was irrelevant, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think of it, the more I think we might have to keep Beli and Mills. We really need a few players we can draw up a 3 point play for. We only have Forbes currently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Mills or Belli going anywhere, at least not yet. The Spurs culture is a real thing for the FO and Mills especially is important.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The old "it's just a message board" card when being caught saying something stupid.

Sure, everything anyone does here is irrelevant. A guy could give a great analysis about something and that great analysis would still be "irrelevant" in the grand scheme of things because that guy isn't in a place of power. You had a different level of irrelevancy though. You just made a dumbass comment that had nothing to do with what was being argued. And then, you doubled down on dumbassery by not understanding why your comment was irrelevant, tbh.
    No, I didn't understand why you're so bent out of shape about one sentence from me.

Still don't.

That's why I said it's just a message board.

You kinda doubled down on getting bent out of shape tbh. You do you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitulation duly noted son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Capitulation dully noted son.
    Seems important to you, son.

Only one l in duly, son.

You declared victory dully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems important to you, son.

Only one l in duly, son.

You declared victory dully.
    I know son, that's why I corrected it right after my cellphone ed up. Problem of multilinguals, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know son, that's why I corrected it right after my cellphone ed up. Problem of multilinguals, tbh.
    Excuse dully given,son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know but everyone's got Murray as the PG. Really hope the guy used his time wisely. Last time he was the PG..... Manu was still the go to PG. That offense is going to be a complete cluster if Pop lets "the last iteration of Murray" run the show. This kid when last seen healthy sucked at PG. We'll see of course but White was really good at setting up the Offense.

If the Old Murray is the same then the starting 5 should be:

* White - PG
    * I'd put goddam Walker in there - Wing
    * DD - Wing
    * LaMarsha - PF (Soft ass PF unless she's on the rag!)
    * Jakob. Dude earned his stripes last year. As the year went on he also seemed to earn the respect of the refs WHICH IS SUPER CRUCIAL FOR THE NEW GUYS!

** Kelden kinda looks to me like a Bowen. If our D sux, insert that guy please.

* All-around (3 & D for sure) As of last year... better PG than anyone.
    * Just put him there and see what happens. The kid has the look... so FI.
    * Have to. Plus the guy can really play. Second year with SA should be an improvement.
    * Love me some Jakob but LA will freak out if he ain't "the-man" and PF is his thang.
    * Jakob. This MFr is very good defensively. The guy surprised a lot of opponents all year. Might be (should be) improved on O.

Bench:

** Murray. Let's see what he can do. (Easily could be bumped up to the starting unit and replace Walker.
    ** Forbes. As unpopular as he is with me, the guy proved his stay last year. (Should trade this guy while the NBA world remembers him as an over-comer.)
    ** Carrol. Proven vet.... albeit with a ty leg injury. Might put it all together again and ball.
    ** Rudy Gay. In this lineup... the guy has some help. If he aint rolling and dominating like he can (vs 2nd units).. then insert Belly.
    ** Morris. PF with some balls that will play Center with some balls. Plus the guy can play. Not sure if he's the better Morris twin but we'll see.

*** Kelden kinda looks to me like a Bowen. If our D sux, insert that guy please.

Anyone i didn't list is going to be a plus. Mills, belly, and who the ever should be used sparingly.

en Pop's got options if he isn't as senile as we say he is. This could be a dark horse in the west. 57 win potential if they can solve the road woes. They picked up some vets who should help. That and the new guys are a year older.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG: DJ Murray
    SG: Derrick White
    SF: DeMar Derozan
    PF: Marcus Morris
    C: LaMarcus Aldridge

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how you guys arent putting Murray in the Starting Lineup is crazy to me. That guy is really good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how you guys arent putting Murray in the Starting Lineup is crazy to me. That guy is really good.
    How do you know that, he's a complete unknown coming of an injury. We hope he's really good, we don't know .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, DDR, Carroll, Morris, LMA
    Murray, Forbes, Beli, Gay, Poeltl
    Mills, Walker, Johnson, Samanic, Metu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    relax he will be a starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    Forbes
    DeRozan
    Morris
    LaMarcus
    I think this is Pop's starting lineup listed above. Pop's bench crew is listed below

White
    Mills
    Carroll/ Walker
    Gay
    Poeltl
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 07-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is Pop's starting lineup listed above. Pop's bench crew is listed below

White
    Mills
    Carroll/ Walker
    Gay
    Poeltl
    I agree, with the exception of Walker being behind Mills in the rotation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revising due to rumors:

PG: Westbrook
    SG: White
    SF: Carroll
    PF: Aldridge
    C: Poeltl
    What rumors?? I pray they are wrong. Don’t want that contract. Let him go to knicks or heat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standard Disclaimer: Depends on the match-up.

But regular season line up looks like this:

Murray
    Forbes
    DeRozan
    Morris
    Aldridge

---------

White
    Mills
    Caroll
    Gay
    Poetl

----
    Bench: Belinelli, Johnson, Walker, Eubanks (2-way)

----
    Reserves: Samanic, Metu, Weatherspoon (2-way)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because some of us think DJ's talk & selfies are bigger than his game. That, and he hasn't proven as a PG. Derrick White is head and shoulders a much better, complete player than Murray. It probably won't happen but I think the dude needs to come off the bench and prove himself worthy of starting. White earned the starting nod but needs to work on being consistent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Forbes, DeRozan, Morris, Aldridge - smaller lineups

Murray, DeRozan, Morris, Aldridge, Poeltl -larger lineups

Personally I would still like to see White starting over Forbes. I want to see him play more shooting gaurd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/Forbes/DDR/Morris/LMA

Forbes gets to play with a big PG.

White/Walker/Carroll/Gay/Poeltl

Mills/Marco/Johnson/Samanic/Metu

Expect Johnson to get immediate minutes, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is I wasn't discussing why White had a better performance than Walker in summer and G league (for which the age gap could be an explanation). I just argued that statement that said "no one was really sold on White" when a lot of us actually were. You just got into it with an irrelevant topic because that's what you like to do.
    You weren't sold on White, you were guessing White was going to be good. There's a fundamental difference. White had done absolutely nothing for anyone to be sold on him prior to last season. His first month of play was pretty damn horrible in that season as well. Then it clicked, and he started playing much better.

But doing well in G League and Summer league games alone isn't worthy of being labeled a team's best guard. It's like people who have already anointed Keldon Johnson as a good NBA player. Maybe he will be, but anyone declaring it now as a certainty isn't some great basketball mind. They're just guessing. People love to point out when their guesses turn out well and act like they are smart basketball minds but unless you show your work and explaining the reasoning with something concrete then it just doesn't mean much at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this current roster Mills and Beli shouldn’t see the court unless garbage time or everyone’s in foul trouble tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd start the following:

Murray/White/Demar/Morris/LMA

That gives you 3 capable 3 point shooters in that lineup, allows switching on a lot of pick and roll action, and as players capable of getting their own shot. Its super flexible and its only shortcoming is you wish for more 3 point shooting out of Murray and DeRozan.

To start the season, 2nd lineup will probably be Mills/Forbes/Walker/Carrol/Poetl/Gay. Maybe Mills is the one out here but I have a hard time believing that Pop will send him to the end of the bench (plus he adds more value than the forum gives him credit for). Still, he's probably the weak link there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You weren't sold on White, you were guessing White was going to be good. There's a fundamental difference. White had done absolutely nothing for anyone to be sold on him prior to last season. His first month of play was pretty damn horrible in that season as well. Then it clicked, and he started playing much better.

But doing well in G League and Summer league games alone isn't worthy of being labeled a team's best guard. It's like people who have already anointed Keldon Johnson as a good NBA player. Maybe he will be, but anyone declaring it now as a certainty isn't some great basketball mind. They're just guessing. People love to point out when their guesses turn out well and act like they are smart basketball minds but unless you show your work and explaining the reasoning with something concrete then it just doesn't mean much at all.
    I don't know why the timvp doesn't allow people to search for threads anymore but there's one from MaNu4Tres where he called White the best Spurs guard back in 2018 when he was a rookie, and a lot of folks, myself included, agreed with him. If that's not being sold on him I don't know what is, tbh.

Thread Information