Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd start the following:

Murray/White/Demar/Morris/LMA

That gives you 3 capable 3 point shooters in that lineup, allows switching on a lot of pick and roll action, and as players capable of getting their own shot. Its super flexible and its only shortcoming is you wish for more 3 point shooting out of Murray and DeRozan.

To start the season, 2nd lineup will probably be Mills/Forbes/Walker/Carrol/Poetl/Gay. Maybe Mills is the one out here but I have a hard time believing that Pop will send him to the end of the bench (plus he adds more value than the forum gives him credit for). Still, he's probably the weak link there.
    Agree on the starting line-up but I would play White-Murray the same way HOU plays Harden/Paul. Meaning one of White/Murray is always out there. They both start but one gets subbed quickly. So there will be a lot of, say, Murray - Forbes - DDR - Morris - LMA and White - Mills (Belli or Walker) - Carroll - Gay - Poeltl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd start the following:

Murray/White/Demar/Morris/LMA

That gives you 3 capable 3 point shooters in that lineup, allows switching on a lot of pick and roll action, and as players capable of getting their own shot. Its super flexible and its only shortcoming is you wish for more 3 point shooting out of Murray and DeRozan.

To start the season, 2nd lineup will probably be Mills/Forbes/Walker/Carrol/Poetl/Gay. Maybe Mills is the one out here but I have a hard time believing that Pop will send him to the end of the bench (plus he adds more value than the forum gives him credit for). Still, he's probably the weak link there.
    I see only one capable 3pt shooter and even that is debatable(Morris) the others are mediocre to bad. Unfortunately for some, not for me, Forbes has to be in the starting line up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because some of us think DJ's talk & selfies are bigger than his game. That, and he hasn't proven as a PG. Derrick White is head and shoulders a much better, complete player than Murray. It probably won't happen but I think the dude needs to come off the bench and prove himself worthy of starting. White earned the starting nod but needs to work on being consistent.
    I agree with all the above besides him moving to the bench because he isn't really a point guard. I think the reason he starts is because he isn't as good as a point guard. DeRozan can handle the ball more like he did this season with Murray starting and white could QB the bench unit taking the ball out of Mills hands. Murray in my opinion would be worse unless they run more with the bench squad due to them relying on him to run the squad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why the timvp doesn't allow people to search for threads anymore but there's one from MaNu4Tres where he called White the best Spurs guard back in 2018 when he was a rookie, and a lot of folks, myself included, agreed with him. If that's not being sold on him I don't know what is, tbh.
    Because of what I said. Y'all had nothing to go off of in 2018 to make that statement. Its a guess. I'm not saying that y'all didn't say those things' I'm saying that because its a guess its meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should Derozan play the point guard while surrounding him with 3 shooters and LA. Besides white, he's the only guy on the team that can really run the offense. Players like Murray and Walker aren't as capable as what he did last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    DeRozan
    Morris
    Aldridge
    Poeltl

I think DeRozan can return to SG and Derrick lead 2nd unit.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To start the season....

Murray
    Forbes
    DeRozan
    Morris
    Aldridge

White
    Mills
    Carroll
    Gay
    Poeltl

Sprinkle Lonnie and Marco in there for Mills or Carroll as needed.

Then start experimenting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget playing two bigs.
    Murray/White
    Derozan /Forbes
    Carroll/Walker
    Morris /Gay
    Aldridge /Poeltl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dj
    Forbes
    DD
    Morris
    LA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I rather start murray and white I think derozan shouldn't play full time small forward anymore. It wore him down during the season. Also takes away his height advantage. If we're stuck with him then play him at his natural position and not set him up to fail.
    Last edited by Nivek_ogre; 07-07-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of what I said. Y'all had nothing to go off of in 2018 to make that statement. Its a guess. I'm not saying that y'all didn't say those things' I'm saying that because its a guess its meaningless.
    I had plenty to go off of. Been watching this game for 25 years, and White had rare all around set of tools the guards did not have in 17/18. I watched just about every Austin game of his.

Not guessing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be honest here, with addition of Caroll, Morris, 2 sop res and 3 rookies ( 7 players! ) the team is loaded with talent.

The lineups will depend on which players play best with each other and compliment the strengths and hide the weakness of others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge
    Morris
    Murray
    White
    DeRozan

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge
    Morris
    Murray
    White
    DeRozan
    this is what I’m hopeful for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To start the season....

Murray
    Forbes
    DeRozan
    Morris
    Aldridge

White
    Mills
    Carroll
    Gay
    Poeltl

Sprinkle Lonnie and Marco in there for Mills or Carroll as needed.

Then start experimenting.
    ---------------------

Would you play Samanic??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about.................

Murray
    Marco Beli
    DeRozan
    Morris
    Aldridge

White
    Forbes
    Carroll
    Gay
    Poeltl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m amazed how many of y’all are leaving walker out . He will get his minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ---------------------

Would you play Samanic??
    in austin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about.................

Murray
    Marco Beli
    DeRozan
    Morris
    Aldridge

White
    Forbes
    Carroll
    Gay
    Poeltl
    I would like to swap Belinelli with Carroll/Gay, it gives the SL a bit more defense and allows DDR to play SG with a smaller wing guarding him. This will also allow the 2nd team more movement to execute the good to great bball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    DDR
    Morris
    Gay
    LMA

White
    Forbes
    Walker
    Carroll
    Poetl

Weatherspoon
    Beli
    KJ
    Samanic

Mills is odd man out, trade at deadline for C depth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe we saw things you didn't see, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe we saw things you didn't see, tbh.
    Maybe, or maybe you really hadn't seen him play much and were just guessing. You certainly hadn't seen him play much against NBA compe ion.

Everyone is an expert on everything on this site. No one can ever admit they just don't know anything. It's like on draft night when everyone is an expert on players they never saw play because they watched a highlight clip (if even that) on Youtube.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d go with:
    Murray/Demar/Carroll/Morris/Aldridge to start, though I bet you we see either Forbes or White in there instead of Carroll. Bench lineups are crappier defensively so White/Gay/Poeltl plus two of Forbes/Mills/Beli/Walker should feast.

Minutes will be staggered a bit and would be okay closing with White or Gay in place of some of the starters depending on the situation.

I think you’re going to see a fair amount of load management this year for Derozan and Aldridge. Assuming no injuries, both should be playing 66-68 games. It’s less about keeping minutes down in any specific game but more about occasional nights off. Having them fresher come April will determine how far the team can go. Would need Morris to play backup C or bring up Eubanks those games.

Making sure different guys get different nights off is something you can do with a deep roster like this, and you’re not in a position where you’re running Demar into the ground because Murray is out of for the year and White out a few weeks. West is going to be a bloodbath and other teams will spend a ton of energy just to make the postseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has to start for his 3point shooting and defense. Dont really want Carroll or Gay to start.

Murray
    White
    Demar
    Morris
    Lamarcus

Thread Information