Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone remember when LeBron got visibly annoyed when kawhi rentered the NBA finals game. I think kawhi knows he can do something great and surpass him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be nice for Kawhi to win a reguar season MVP. He moves into top 10 all time if he gets one
    This is highly debatable, look at his lifetime scoring average - borderline top 20 even with a regular season MVP 17.7 pg right now. https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's Kawhi's "real" window of high compe iveness? 3-4 years? Don't know if he'll get GOAT status in that small window tbh...

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's Kawhi's "real" window of high compe iveness? 3-4 years? Don't know if he'll get GOAT status in that small window tbh...
    He already spent 1 of his "high" years ringing cross the border while under his Spur's contract!

Just shows ta go ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has no chance tbh. I’m not really a hater of him and he definitely proved me wrong by ringing in Toronto. I give zero s about them being injured bc that’s how Golden St won anyways so hearing other people about it makes me laugh.

But the dude started off to slow to be in the GOAT situation. He hasn’t scored enough compared to his peers either. He will miss 20+ games a season every year also which hurts his regular season accolades. And if you think that Jordan having 10 scoring les and 5 MVPs don’t help his GOAT case then you’re delusional.

Also Kawhi didn’t lead the Spurs in 2014 at all. He was a no show in the 1st round. He was alright in the 2nd round. And a disappointment in the WCF (except for that beautiful Westbrook strip). We went to Old Man Duncan to take us to the promise land not Kawhi. Also it was Duncan who guaranteed victory before the series began. Kawhi played great FOR ONLY THREE GAMES that year. We needed him for those games to be sure but if your definition of leading a team to a le is only a 3 game stretch then I can’t help you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi has no chance tbh. I’m not really a hater of him and he definitely proved me wrong by ringing in Toronto. >>>>>>>>>I give zero s about them being injured bc that’s how Golden St won anyways so hearing other people about it makes me laugh.<<<<<<<<<

But the dude started off to slow to be in the GOAT situation. He hasn’t scored enough compared to his peers either. He will miss 20+ games a season every year also which hurts his regular season accolades. And if you think that Jordan having 10 scoring les and 5 MVPs don’t help his GOAT case then you’re delusional.

Also Kawhi didn’t lead the Spurs in 2014 at all. He was a no show in the 1st round. He was alright in the 2nd round. And a disappointment in the WCF (except for that beautiful Westbrook strip). We went to Old Man Duncan to take us to the promise land not Kawhi. Also it was Duncan who guaranteed victory before the series began. Kawhi played great FOR ONLY THREE GAMES that year. We needed him for those games to be sure but if your definition of leading a team to a le is only a 3 game stretch then I can’t help you.
    Ipso facto had you held onto him you'd a beaten State and you'd have your 2nd 6th. You're better than Toronto when each of ya have Leonard.

IPSO FACTO!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He already spent 1 of his "high" years ringing cross the border while under his Spur's contract!

Just shows ta go ya.

By the way Thread, I was on here years ago as TheManFromAcme...don't know if you remember. But in any event, back in full swing buddy...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

By the way Thread, I was on here years ago as TheManFromAcme...don't know if you remember. But in any event, back in full swing buddy...
    Vaguely.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He brings a le to LAC (without stockpiling Final defeats) and he's eclipsed Lebron

Becoming the King of LA is within sight. Rewriting the historical story of basketball in Los Angeles. He already has Jerry West in his corner
    Hahaha no one on Clippers even if he rings gonna be that yall really don't understand LA

Angels won more recently twice than Dodgers... Didn't change ... Dodgers still are the team...of the city just behind Lakers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the warmth is overwhelming....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi has no chance tbh. I’m not really a hater of him and he definitely proved me wrong by ringing in Toronto. I give zero s about them being injured bc that’s how Golden St won anyways so hearing other people about it makes me laugh.

This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ipso facto had you held onto him you'd a beaten State and you'd have your 2nd 6th. You're better than Toronto when each of ya have Leonard.

IPSO FACTO!!!!!!!!!
    Hard to argue there
    he did both of our franchises dirty tbh.
    We lost him first. Period
    But man the way he teased the Laker organization and their fans was dirty.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hard to argue there
    he did both of our franchises dirty tbh.
    We lost him first. Period
    But man the way he teased the Laker organization and their fans was dirty.
    True, but, it didn't cost us anything but our pride & dignity. And what NBA franchise, & their fandom have any of that left? None.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't even surpassed Dirk, who had a more impressive le run and has a RS MVP, as well
    You mean in terms of accolades or peak? Peak Kawhi is a top 10 player of all-time, imho. 50/40/90 Shooter with all-time defense. Never seen before.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You mean in terms of accolades or peak? Peak Kawhi is a top 10 player of all-time, imho. 50/40/90 Shooter with all-time defense. Never seen before.
    & you repudiated him, exiled him to a foreign country where he promptly rang. And you call yourself a man? I don't think so, DAF.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He hasn't even surpassed Dirk, who had a more impressive le run and has a RS MVP, as well
    Dirt is put on a pedestal ONLY b/c LeBron got outplayed by JJ Barea. Still has the most embarrassing exit for an MVP & his career defining run was culminated by a Finals series where he shot 41% with JET closing out the series.

Folks say Kawhi beating the Duds without Durant deserves an astrisk b/c they only had 3 all-stars, well....the Heatles had 2 all-stars as #6 turned into Lance Stephenson & Dirt had NOTHING to do with it.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 07-09-2019 at 02:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirt is put on a pedestal ONLY b/c LeBron got outplayed by JJ Barea. Still has the most embarrassing exit for an MVP & his career defining run was culminated by a Finals series where he shot 41% with JET closing out the series.

Folks say Kawhi beating the Duds without Durant deserves an astrisk b/c they only had 3 all-stars, well....the Heatles had 2 all-stars as #6 turned into Lance Stephenson & Dirt had NOTHING to do with it.
    You do know the nephew shot 43.4% in the finals. Right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This stupid idiot left easily one of the greatest and most successful team of all time. Spurs would have made it work with him. But his family pushes him around and this gets scared and let’s them decide for him. Parker called this get out and he got buthurt.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He brings a le to LAC (without stockpiling Final defeats) and he's eclipsed Lebron

Becoming the King of LA is within sight. Rewriting the historical story of basketball in Los Angeles. He already has Jerry West in his corner
    He can conquer and become yuge around the rest of the world, but he wont take over LA. It's a nice story and all, and I have't been this excited for an NBA season since I was in my early 20's, just because of the parity, but LA is always going to be the Lakers'

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He can conquer and become yuge around the rest of the world, but he wont take over LA. It's a nice story and all, and I have't been this excited for an NBA season since I was in my early 20's, just because of the parity, but LA is always going to be the Lakers'
    It would require an extended period of winning longer than Leonard's career but cities/regions have "switched allegiances" before.

For example Chicago comes to mind. It has occurred in Soccer too which has a larger scope of history and more examples of multiple teams sharing cities.

But yeah the recipe usually requires a Dynasty run and length of atleast a few decades.

Honestly Los Angeles would flip quite easily. Very fickle city with alot of transplants. Not like people in LA have family lines that played/grew up in Laker basketball academies which is the case in European soccer. Its just a collection of 12 random blacks guys. Atleast the Clippers stars Leonard & George have an actual connection to Los Angeles.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It would require an extended period of winning longer than Leonard's career but cities/regions have "switched allegiances" before.

For example Chicago comes to mind. It has occurred in Soccer too which has a larger scope of history and more examples of multiple teams sharing cities.

But yeah the recipe usually requires a Dynasty run and length of atleast a few decades.
    Maybe not decades, but at least 5 years to 10. It would require about another 5 years of the Lakers looking like they have looked the past 6, with the Clippers becoming a dynasty.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hahaha no one on Clippers even if he rings gonna be that yall really don't understand LA

Angels won more recently twice than Dodgers... Didn't change ... Dodgers still are the team...of the city just behind Lakers.
    Pretty much. Though the Angels have more clout than the Clippers up until this off season. Though it is still a Laker/Dodger town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014, not '13.

Leonard stopped LeBron and dominated games 3-5.
    Those stats are from 2014...

Thread Information