My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to be confused with our draft pick: Nikola Milutinov

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be expensive. He didn't deliver in the playoffs. Pass.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't Milwaukee try to get him to stay? I assume he had Early Bird Rights, so if they sign him to a third year he gets the no-trade clause. But a big man who can shoot 3's is sort of the holy grail right now. Under Early Bird they could have paid him something like $22M next year. Surely he doesn't think he'll get more than that elsewhere? So it seems like it was the Buck's idea to let him leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bigger Beli? No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't Milwaukee try to get him to stay? I assume he had Early Bird Rights, so if they sign him to a third year he gets the no-trade clause. But a big man who can shoot 3's is sort of the holy grail right now. Under Early Bird they could have paid him something like $22M next year. Surely he doesn't think he'll get more than that elsewhere? So it seems like it was the Buck's idea to let him leave.
    The Bucks have to resign Middleton, Lopez, Brogdon, Mirotic. At least one of them has to leave because all of them will get a raise and that would get them a crazy luxury tax bill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hs an enigma. He was very good for NOLA in 2018, but he was pretty underwhelming for Milwaukee last season tbqh..l’d prefer Bogdan tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks have to resign Middleton, Lopez, Brogdon, Mirotic. At least one of them has to leave because all of them will get a raise and that would get them a crazy luxury tax bill

Ah... pure cash consideration. I was pretty sure they could get him with Early Bird. But, yeah, they're going to be paying through the nose on lux tax. I think they paid some repeat offender tax this year, so '19-'20 is going to be brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked good early against Raps then shot went real cold tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks are about to get a lot more expensive so they have to make some tougher decisions..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But in thinking about it, someone like Mirotic, that could actually start and possibly for MLE? That has to be a very top target IMO. Fit next to LMA has to be top priority and that is how FA should be approached assuming something really unrealistic happens.

Rudy should not be a starter and he can excel with the bench for so many reasons. This is the guy IMO or type (Morris fits that mold as well).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather give Bertans a real chance of starting (not this in and out bull that we saw last season) before signing this guy. We need to sign a 3 and D (with emphasis on the D) player with the MLE, not a bigger Mills/Belinelli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw, in before the "bend over, I will give you an emphasis on the D" joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks are so screwed if Giannis doesn't improve his shooting. They are about to over pay like crazy for Middleton and they've already overpaid for Bledsoe. They might lose either Brogdon or Lopez which sucks big time. I like the fit of those two a lot on their team but I don't know if they can end up paying all those players.

Which leaves Mirotic off their roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to the Lakers to help out Bron and Brow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather give Bertans a real chance of starting (not this in and out bull that we saw last season) before signing this guy. We need to sign a 3 and D (with emphasis on the D) player with the MLE, not a bigger Mills/Belinelli.
    I think defense is huge with the MLE and Morris would be a better fit; just saying that if you sign a 3D player, who starts at 4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Born in Montenegro.
    Bought by Spain for money.
    never played for his native country.
    Walked on a Serbian flag at a Euro tournament.

Not Pop's material.
    Horrendous human being.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's definitely the odd man out in Milwaukee!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But in thinking about it, someone like Mirotic, that could actually start and possibly for MLE? That has to be a very top target IMO. Fit next to LMA has to be top priority and that is how FA should be approached assuming something really unrealistic happens.

Rudy should not be a starter and he can excel with the bench for so many reasons. This is the guy IMO or type (Morris fits that mold as well).

So you'd move Poeltl to the bench, and LMA to C?

Whatever the lineup, I'm coming around to the idea of Mirotic being the guy, if he can be had for the MLE.

Edit: What the am I thinking? The Spurs aren't going to get Mirotic for the MLE any more than they were ever going to get Rui at 19.

Mike Scott is more realistic. I haven't looked to see if he has a thread, so I'll leave it at that for now.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 06-25-2019 at 05:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd move Poeltl to the bench, and LMA to C?

Whatever the lineup, I'm coming around to the idea of Mirotic being the guy, if he can be had for the MLE.

Some of my best friends are horrendous human beings.
    I would and LMA has already been playing C mostly anyways. So it’s not some big shift and better than Poeltl/LMA together. I think Morris is the perfect fit (better defense) but beggars can’t be choosers and Mirotic might be the only one available that “fits” (even if it’s not optimal).

Unless you think you can somehow sign an Ariza/Carroll type and start them. I just don’t see Poeltl/LMA starting and I don’t see Rudy as being able to hold up as a starter so that is where the biggest opportunity lies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would and LMA has already been playing C mostly anyways. So it’s not some big shift and better than Poeltl/LMA together. I think Morris is the perfect fit (better defense) but beggars can’t be choosers and Mirotic might be the only one available that “fits” (even if it’s not optimal).

Unless you think you can somehow sign an Ariza/Carroll type and start them. I just don’t see Poeltl/LMA starting and I don’t see Rudy as being able to hold up as a starter so that is where the biggest opportunity lies.

Yeah, I made a late edit. I really think discussing Mirotic for the MLE this year is like discussing Rui at the 19 draft slot.

Mike Scott and Darius Miller would be incremental upgrades on what the Spurs have right now, and give them enough 3P firepower to let them do something with Bertans/Belli to free up roster space. That still begs the question of what the depth chart would look like, but I think it's more realistic than Mirotic for the MLE.

Yeah, I like the Mirotic idea. I just don't think it can happen.
    (Unless the Spurs can arrange for a S&T for Mirotic. I still don't know what the current CBA rules are on that.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think defense is huge with the MLE and Morris would be a better fit; just saying that if you sign a 3D player, who starts at 4?
    The ideal situation would be signing a 6'8", 6'9" guy who can play both forwards positions. Folks like Carroll, Ariza, Aminu play a lot more 4 than 3 in the league nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Useless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ideal situation would be signing a 6'8", 6'9" guy who can play both forwards positions. Folks like Carroll, Ariza, Aminu play a lot more 4 than 3 in the league nowadays.
    Sure, but I don’t know if a starting lineup of: Murray/White/DeRozan/Ariza/LMA really works; seems awfully small, but maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I made a late edit. I really think discussing Mirotic for the MLE this year is like discussing Rui at the 19 draft slot.

Mike Scott and Darius Miller would be incremental upgrades on what the Spurs have right now, and give them enough 3P firepower to let them do something with Bertans/Belli to free up roster space. That still begs the question of what the depth chart would look like, but I think it's more realistic than Mirotic for the MLE.

Yeah, I like the Mirotic idea. I just don't think it can happen.
    (Unless the Spurs can arrange for a S&T for Mirotic. I still don't know what the current CBA rules are on that.)
    S&T is basically the same as always less the incentive for the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He becomes invisible too often.

A lot of better options out there.

Thread Information