Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Atletico will win the league

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Joao Felix is spectacular talent, it’s incredible how how he forced a penalty from so far in the mid-field while being guarded by three players. Morata is underrated too. I think Atleti stands a chance this season. They hit a wall with Griezmann, Godin, Rodri and company, there just wasn’t enough talent.

By some reports Valencia’s striker Rodrigo was near signing with Atlético.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Joao Felix is spectacular talent, it’s incredible how how he forced a penalty from so far in the mid-field while being guarded by three players. Morata is underrated too. I think Atleti stands a chance this season. They hit a wall with Griezmann, Godin, Rodri and company, there just wasn’t enough talent.

By some reports Valencia’s striker Rodrigo was near signing with Atlético.
    And then Morata missed that penalty

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It seems that the team is really struggling on offense, while defensively they are really solid, despite all the changes. I guess they are kicking themselves for not completing the transfers of Rodrigo from Valencia and James from the Madrid. Morata is certainly good, but the team is missing Griezmann. The team just can't make enough goals.

Reportedly, Nemanja Matic from the United is close to sign during the winter transfer. Not sure how could he help, though.

Good news is that Diego Costa should be available vs the champions game vs Liverpool.

It seems that the team is really struggling on offense, while defensively they are really solid, despite all the changes. I guess they are kicking themselves for not completing the transfers of Rodrigo from Valencia and James from the Madrid. Morata is certainly good, but the team is missing Griezmann. The team just can't make enough goals.

Reportedly, Nemanja Matic from the United is close to sign during the winter transfer. Not sure how could he help, though.

Good news is that Diego Costa should be available vs the champions game vs Liverpool.
    Simone too traditionalist upfront with morata And costa. They seriously need a modern Forward that has the skillsets to play wing and center.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yeah I think they assumed Joao Felix would be enough
    Great talent but still young

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Big win @ Betis today

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Big win @ Betis today
    They trail Barça a lot, and given how few goals ther make and that they lost to Barcelona at home, I seriously doubt they have a shot at the le.

Last news are that Cavani agreed to 3-years contract, not sure if it's allowed to negotiate out of the transfer period, though:

https://www.tsn.ca/report-uruguay-st...deal-1.1417509

How would Morata and Cavani play together? I guess Costa would be shipped out, or given that his contract is a sunk cost, maybe will stay as the third center forward. The team really needs an elite second striker, given that the Cholo mostly plays 4:4:2 till Felix gets ready for prime time.

Cerezo dropped a bomb saying he accepted the €50M Pérez wanted for James, but that was the player that wanted to stay at Real Madrid at that point:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/re...7728b4603.html

Dumb move by James, tbh, knowing that he doesn't count for Zidane. Was wondering how would Simeone take his approach to defense, but he does assist a lot. I guess with 4 midfielders, it's not vital all midfielders work at recovery, as is the case in 4:3:3 formations.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Simone too traditionalist upfront with morata And costa. They seriously need a modern Forward that has the skillsets to play wing and center.
    Maybe they ship Llorente to sign Matic, or Simeone plans to play with two defensive midfielders, so needs 3 just in case.

I think they would need a second striker, though both Felix and Correa are good. The problem with benching Felix it that it could hit his confidence and it was a huge investment, Correa will probably produce more at this point.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Reports say Cavani has already agreed with Atlético for a 3-year contract. Apparently Cerezo is trying to convince PSG to let him go in January on the cheap (€5M), because his contract expires in July 2020. Not sure how are Morata, Félix, Costa, Correa and now Cavani going to play together.

I think Morata produced this half season what he did the second half of the previous season, the problem is that what they get from Félix in goals is nowhere near what Griezmann could do (around 1 goal every 2 games) in the defense focused 4:4:1:1 Cholo plays. Maybe they will have Morata at CF, Cavani as second striker and Felix alternating as attacking mid-fielder or as reserve second striker.

Matic is in the same situation as Cavani with United, but I guess Atlético will wait till July.

They get experienced quality players, for the cheap, while also buying young players.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Reports say Cavani has already agreed with Atlético for a 3-year contract. Apparently Cerezo is trying to convince PSG to let him go in January on the cheap (€5M), because his contract expires in July 2020. Not sure how are Morata, Félix, Costa, Correa and now Cavani going to play together.

I think Morata produced this half season what he did the second half of the previous season, the problem is that what they get from Félix in goals is nowhere near what Griezmann could do (around 1 goal every 2 games) in the defense focused 4:4:1:1 Cholo plays. Maybe they will have Morata at CF, Cavani as second striker and Felix alternating as attacking mid-fielder or as reserve second striker.

Matic is in the same situation as Cavani with United, but I guess Atlético will wait till July.

They get experienced quality players, for the cheap, while also buying young players.
    Looks like it’s official

PSG losing their Team Leader lmao

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    This is the weakest Barca and Real have looked in years, a perfectly good time for Atletico to make a run at the lol liga le but Simeone is just too much of a conservative pussy to go for it.

Atletico is suffering from Pochettino syndrome, making finals and finishing in the top 3 seems to be good enough.

You'd expect more from a team willing to spend 120 mil on a single player.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Looks like it’s official

PSG losing their Team Leader lmao
    Cavani doesn't want to be a reserve and PSG wants to focus on Icardi, being much younger. If Cavani got starter guarantees, I'm not sure how will all those forwards going to fit. Maybe Cholo is finally going to switch to 4:3:3?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    This is the weakest Barca and Real have looked in years, a perfectly good time for Atletico to make a run at the lol liga le but Simeone is just too much of a conservative pussy to go for it.

Atletico is suffering from Pochettino syndrome, making finals and finishing in the top 3 seems to be good enough.

You'd expect more from a team willing to spend 120 mil on a single player.
    Madrid's roster is nothing to write home about, but got Hazard and with Zidane the team does look much better than last season. And Barça got Griezmann, weakening Atlético while adding a top player to the best roster of the league.

The problem with Atlético is that they lost Griezmann, Godin, Rodri, Lucas, Filipe Luis and Juanfran. Top signing Diego Costa is too often injured and in bad form, Felix while being talented is nowhere as good as Griezmann at this point, Lemar isn't a great fit and Llorente had a rough start. Atlético isn't able to make much goals, I think it's near worst offense of all league. Simeone managed to still have great defense.

I guess they will unload Lemar and Costa, though Costa has a very high salary and it's not clear if he's ever going to play at high level again.

Cavani should be able solve much of the scoring problem and unlike Morata, he does assist too and used to play second striker with Ibra in PSG or Suárez in the NT, while still being very productive. He's not young, though in much better shape than Costa.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético vs Barcelona 3:2 in the supercopa. Great game, but Felix is struggling a lot. Atlético defense was really good and Oblak saved a lot of chances. Barça got annulled two goal, the first one more a shoulder than a handball by Messi. The second a very close off-site. In the Liga or copa, that would have been goals.

The other result was Valencia vs Madrid 1:3.

It seems all is played in Saudi Arabia. It must be a new format. Before it was a winner of the liga vs the winner of the copa, or copa finalist if the same team win won liga and copa. This time it seems to be a cup of a winner of, 1st vs 3rd in the liga, vs winner of copa winner vs 2nd in the liga. It definitely seems more interesting.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético vs Barcelona 3:2 in the supercopa. Great game, but Felix is struggling a lot. Atlético defense was really good and Oblak saved a lot of chances. Barça got annulled two goal, the first one more a shoulder than a handball by Messi. The second a very close off-site. In the Liga or copa, that would have been goals.

The other result was Valencia vs Madrid 1:3.

It seems all is played in Saudi Arabia. It must be a new format. Before it was a winner of the liga vs the winner of the copa, or copa finalist if the same team win won liga and copa. This time it seems to be a cup of a winner of, 1st vs 3rd in the liga, vs winner of copa winner vs 2nd in the liga. It definitely seems more interesting.
    this money grabbing format bs

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    this money grabbing format bs
    Atlético pupas strikes again, chocking the penalty shootout. Atlético Madrid vs Real Madrid 0:0 (1:4). Not the best result given that Hazard, Benzema and Bale were all out.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Pedrerol reports some news about Cavani:

- Atlético offered €5M to PSG, then €10M and will make a last try with €15M.
    - Cavani’s brother is asking 3 years and €13M after taxes x season.
    - His actual salary is €12.7M after taxes.

It’s incredible how hard is to get out of PSG. After all Cavani has done for PSG, holding the record for most goals, they will risk the operation to fall a part, only to have Cavani benched in favor of Icardi. But looking how Chelsea forced Madrid to pay unprecedented €100M for Hazard with just one season left in the contract, €15M doesn’t seem that much with 6 months left. Besides, PSG would rather have Cavani on the bench than face Atlético with him in the Champions League, where advancing further could mean way more than €15M.

Given that Cavani has 32, it’s shocking how much is he offered. But the net €30M Juve pays Ronaldo for season looks great now in his second season. Maybe new training methods and advanced technologies make players productive way much longer than ever before.

Griezmann was earning around €20-25M after taxes, so it doesn’t look bad, though he’s still under 30.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol Cagani

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Very underrated, all his career. Made 104 goals in Napoli in only three seasons. Made almost 200 goals in around 300 games for PSG while deferring to Ibrahimović, Neymar and Mbappé. Made 50 for Uruguay while differing to Suárez. Except for Suárez that scored 59 goals with Uruguay, neither of the players he deferred to scored more goals for PSG (Zlatan is at 156, Neymar 66, Mbappé 81).

Excellent assist rate.

The only problem is how much is left in the tank. In theory, Costa should have been an excellent signing, but he didn’t do much in his last spell for Atlético Madrid.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Very underrated, all his career. Made 104 goals in Napoli in only three seasons. Made almost 200 goals in around 300 games for PSG while deferring to Ibrahimović, Neymar and Mbappé. Made 50 for Uruguay while differing to Suárez. Except for Suárez that scored 59 goals with Uruguay, neither of the players he deferred to scored more goals for PSG (Zlatan is at 156, Neymar 66, Mbappé 81).

Excellent assist rate.

The only problem is how much is left in the tank. In theory, Costa should have been an excellent signing, but he didn’t do much in his last spell for Atlético Madrid.
    Cavani is a true team leader tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Cavani is a true team leader tbh
    Some reports said PSG demanded €30M for Cavani, others that PSG and Atlético were close to agree in the €15-18M range, but last minute Cavani’s representatives demanded a signing bonus.

Apparently the idea now is to bring back Yannick Carrasco on a loan from his Chinese club:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.marc...2248b4609.html

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Some reports said PSG demanded €30M for Cavani, others that PSG and Atlético were close to agree in the €15-18M range, but last minute Cavani’s representatives demanded a signing bonus.

Apparently the idea now is to bring back Yannick Carrasco on a loan from his Chinese club:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.marc...2248b4609.html
    Carrasco

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Not sure how can he help, time will tell . . .

Most logical would have been to go all in with Cavani, but I guess they realized this season may be a ”nadaplete” anyways, and will be better to get Cavani on a free transfer. Though, Cavani is far from 100% sure.

I think it’s difficult to sign top players, particularly great strikers. Even Real Madrid can’t just pay and get Mbappé or Lewandowski. It took a lot of manoeuvring to get Hazard and they preferred to pay €100M for a player whose contract was to expire in just one season, than to wait and risk to lose him.

Thread Information