Post Count
    Atlético Madrid looking for a center back (Alessio Romagnoli of AC Milan):

https://sempremilan.com/report-atlet...-vs-torino/amp

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And also for a center forward (Sergio Agüero of Machester City):

https://en.as.com/en/2020/02/15/foot...63_384104.html

Though if it will be a bidding war with Real Madrid, Atlético has no chances. Agüero's actual salary is in line of what Atlético offered to Cavani, the transfer though will be at least €100M. And to think Atlético sold him for €35M.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Luis Suárez signed with Atlético Madrid:

https://www.football-espana.net/2020...from-barcelona

Signed for free, but Atlético will have to pay E2M each time the team makes the Champions quarterfinals with Suárez in the squad. In his prime, one of the best, if not the best #9 in the world. How much has left in the tank, most say he cannot play for Barça, how will he play for Atlético if there are any serious ambitions?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Interesting enough, Alvaro Morata returned to Juventus on a loan from Atlético Madrid. Juve declined previously to make an offer when Morata was leaving Real Madrid for Chelsea. On loan must be a different story.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.foot...us-on-loan/amp

Says didn’t like Diego Costa was higher on the pecking order and also didn’t get the ball often due to Simeone’s defensive style.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Apprently AM is trying to sign Cavani to pair him with Luis for chemistry

Personally, I would rather watch Costa+Suarez , should be fun

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Apprently AM is trying to sign Cavani to pair him with Luis for chemistry

Personally, I would rather watch Costa+Suarez , should be fun
    One of the two or both will certainly be good for Simeone. Cavani is free agent, so Cerezo will only play his salary. And Suárez left Barça practically for free. With Costa without injuries and Félix growing as player, the team will finally have a lot of firepower, maybe will be able to win a Champions next season.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético is first in La Liga 1 point clear with 2 less games played. Though they are visiting Real Madrid and second Real Sociedad in their next 3 games. After a slow start in his first season Felix is considered the best player of La Liga, so far this season.

They advanced in the Champions, but were struggling a lot against Bayern Munich. Not sure how far could go there.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Hola

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter how well they're playing and their placing, Atletico and Simeone just can't help but their pants every time they see Real

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter how well they're playing and their placing, Atletico and Simeone just can't help but their pants every time they see Real
    those dirty stinky ugly peasants

but we play like against teams and get against big teams
    A little consistency would be nice

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Congrats peasants !

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    In a moment of insanity Bartomeu sent Suárez for free to Atlético. He maybe thought Barça had no chances and wanted to be sure Madrid doesn't win another Liga.

Suarecito saving Atleti the last two games, definitely still has it. Kudos to Someone and his team, it's difficult to get the le being closely shadowed by Barça and Madrid.

Curiously Félix played less the last games. Atleti struggled with making goals, even when Griezmann was there, Suárez was perfect for the them.

Obviously Atleti is a quite big team now, they could field a good team out of their reserves too, it was a matter of time to win another Liga, and it won't be a surprise either if they win the champions one season.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Simeone still is one of the most overrated head coaches in recent history. Especially, considering his ridiculous contract.

Bailed out by Suarez. Otherwise this would be another huge choke job on his resume.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Cerezo knows that with Simeone he can take it to the bank Atlético will be top-3 in la Liga and close to the champion.

Objectively, in the past Barça and Madrid had the luxury of having better players in their prime.

This season the difference was small, Madrid didn't want to spend enough to have top forwards, Barça is average defensively and the Cholo delivered.

He had some good champions runs too, it's not that he he doesn't know what he's doing. Probably just needs better players.

Last games are always tricky. Some teams really want to avoid relegation, other want a spot in Europe, and others get huge money to make the leader lose points so that the second or third can be champion.

They didn't finish strong, but still got 2 more points than Madrid.
    Last edited by dunkman; 05-23-2021 at 07:18 AM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    New target is Dybala, apparently has a year left in the contract and doesn’t want to renew with Juventus. Reports from Italy say Atleti is redying a €50M offer. With various quality forwards, el Cholo maybe can afford to play 4:3:3 with good results.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Saúl Ñíguez agreed to join Bayern Munich for €80M. Saúl fell out of favor for Simeone last season and was starting irregularly.

Atlético has an eye on Argentine Rodrigo de Paul, from Udinese, and his release clause of €40M.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Saúl Ñíguez agreed to join Bayern Munich for €80M. Saúl fell out of favor for Simeone last season and was starting irregularly.

Atlético has an eye on Argentine Rodrigo de Paul, from Udinese, and his release clause of €40M.
    Saul was bad last season bh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Saul was bad last season bh
    Hopefully he gets his game going in BM. Perhaps De Paul will be used more frequently and with the difference they can add little more and land Dybala, to make forward rotation better. Or perhaps they bring a right back reserve for Trippier.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It seems the deal with Bayern didn’t pass, also De Paul is close to Juventus as Atleti didn’t offer increased salaries. The deal now is that Atlético proposed a swap with Manchester City, Saúl for Bernardo Silva.

In other news Chelsea is also interested in Saúl. Simeone renewed till 2024, but requested Lautaro. Inter valued Lautaro at €90M and rejected the €40-50M Atleti offered.

United offered £10M for Trippier, but Atlético wants around £35M. Potential replacement at RB, Bellerin was quoted by Arsenal at £20M.
    Last edited by dunkman; 06-10-2021 at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atleti have that weird policy of getting rid of a striker and replacing him with another one every year
    They must be afraid they will be tired of the defensive style in their second year

But Suarez is staying so that's good news for AM
    Last edited by lefty; 06-10-2021 at 12:46 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If there's any true in Atlético wanting Lautaro and previously Dybala, I think Simeone wants a team that has more goal.

The team was always solid defensively in Simeone era, but even when Griezmann was there, the team as a whole couldn't score easily.

One problem was that left and right backs were poor offensively, something addressed in 2019 when Trippier and Lodi joined the team.

And now there's more quality in the group of forwards. Suárez, Llorente, Félix, Correa are all quite good and I doubt any of them gets transferred unless someone better joins the team.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Latest news are:
    - Fluminense 20 years forward Marcos Paulo is in Madrid to sign a contract with Atleti
    - Kieran Trippier would go to the United if €50M is paid
    - Atleti offered Saúl for Dybala to Juventus
    - Napoli’s Insigne has some interest from Atleti
    - Atleti offered around €18M for Bakayoko to Chelsea
    - Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese is still expected to sign soon

Thread Information