Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The club is set to approve a capital increase of €182M this Friday. It will be interesting to see if it’s for running cost or new signings like De Paul, for which Barça is interested too. There’s interest from PSG for Kieran Trippier, a part than from the United, which is apparently a bit short on budget for the signing.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atleti signs De Paul from Udinese and brings back Griezmann in a swap for Saúl with Barcelona.

There is a reported interest for Lautaro, though it's unclear if the interest will continue after Griezmann joins the board.

Trippier seems set to stay since United was unwilling to pay the release clause.

I think those are good moves, making the forwards rotation far better than ever before. I guess the team is taking advantage that the prices of forwards aren't the same as few years before.

It seems the team aims for the Champions next season, not only for repeating as Liga champions.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    De Paul is underrated. One of the best midfielders out there, tbh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It seems that the strategy is to buy in this difficult situation. Under normal cir stances, players like Suárez, De Paul, Griezmann or Lautaro would be far more expensive.

In the past, Atlético had to pay huge amounts to bring Costa and Morata.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Cerezo said he “don’t think so”, about if Atlético fans would forgive Griezmann. Because of his salary, I’m not sure he would be a good option at all. Probably selling Saúl, paying something extra and bringing Lautaro makes more sense. His salary will be reasonable and he’s young so the team could recoup something if has to be sold. Griezmann is already 30. But to compete at the highest level, they may need both to bolster the forwards rotation that now includes Suárez and good but inconsistent players like Joao Felix, Angel Correa and Yannick Carrasco.

Strangely enough the best #9 option was actually maybe Morata, but he was loaned to Juventus. I guess it didn’t make sense he was second in pecking order to Diego Costa and with Suárez it will be complicated.

Could also be Cerezo’s strategy to force Barça to accept whatever Atleti offered.
    Last edited by dunkman; 07-23-2021 at 11:34 AM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Carried Messi to CA tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    AM have a crypto currency. It was doing good when I checked before the last crypto crash.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Arsenal offered Lacazette to Atlético for €17M, a cut price from previously quoted €35M for the 30-years old French striker. He made 17 goals in 43 games last season.

Though, his actual salary is substantial, at around £10M x year.

Suárez isn't getting younger, so it would be good to have a backup that offers some guarantee.

Still, it seems a short term solution. My guess is they will bring Lautaro if United pays €50M for Saúl.

As good as Trippier is, Simeone doesn't have much depth at right back.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Saúl's camp has said his preferred destination is Barcelona.

The news from Griezmann is that he would play for Barça or Atleti only.

The news from Milan say Atlético is again negotiating with Inter about Lautaro Martínez.

Atleti is also in contact with the City for Bernardo Silva. Apparently the City won't let him go for less than €40M.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Wolves striker Rafa Mir close to sign with Atlético for €15M. It made better sense than Lacazette, because Mir is younger.

Still think Atleti should go for Lautaro, not sure about Griezmann because of his salary, but I guess in any case they will want to unload Saúl first.

After selling so many great strikers, Atlético has lacked firepower their last seasons and once Suárez arrived, things immediately changed.

I think the team has chances in the Champions League, but needs another really effective forward.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético made submitted a formal offer for Serbian striker Vlahovic, €60M + Argentine center back Neuén Pérez. Vlahovic made 21 goals in 37 Serie A matches for Florentina last season. Seems quite a bit for a player only had one good season, but Atleti linked Lautaro is same situation and he made even less goals last season for Inter.

Rafa Mir and the Wolves agreed on the transfer for €15M upfront plus €10M in variables. But it seems he would be third striker in pecking order, if the deal for Vlahovic or Lautaro materializes.

Reports from England say Arsenal has interest in Trippier. Saúl is now linked with Liverpool too. While Koeman says Griezmann will take the leading role from Messi, so a transfer to Atlético seems unlikely.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Finally the deal for Rafa Mir fell apart. The Wolverhampton wanted more than the €15M offered by Atlético, after the player had a good Euro 2020.

Atlético made an €70M offer for Dusan Vlahovic a Serbian striker from Florentina, the deal was accepted and the only thing missing is the confirmation from Florentina's owner.

It's quite a lot of money for a player that only had one good season. But it's the same situation with Lautaro, that made less goals than Vlahovic.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Latest rumours say Atlético is actually unwilling to pay €70M for Vlahović, but instead offered €50M, another €10M in bonuses and 20% of his rights if he gets sold. Though no one says what are the variables that kick the bonus and if the player will get sold later and for how much.

For a still relatively unproven striker, €50M seem more reasonable than €70M.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Rafa Mir eventually joined Sevilla from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £13.7M (€16M). One would wonder if Mir stopped the negotiations with Atleti because he wasn’t to start many games or if Atlético wanted a higher profile striker.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    22 years old Brazilian striker Matheus Cunha from Hertha Berlin, lands in Madrid to sign with the colchoneros. The deal is apparently for €30M. Cunha toppled Ronaldinho’s all time goal record with the Brazil under-23 squad.

Apparently Atlético wasn’t able to convince Florentina to let Vlahović go for less money, or Rafa Mir to sign, or maybe was smoke and mirrors to hide the real target.

Saúl may go to Chelsea or the United in an all season loan, similar to the deal with Juve for Morata. Perhaps that had influence in going for Cunha, instead all in for Vlahović. Both are really still projects, paying €70-100M for such a player is very risky operation.

Several seasons after signing Joao Felix for €125M, he’s still reserve. By the time he hits his prime, the contract may be up.
    Last edited by dunkman; 08-24-2021 at 01:40 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Matheus Cunha is officially Atlético Madrid's player. Though he's not a classic center forward in the mould of Luis Suárez. The operation was in the €30M range.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Saúl was finally loaned to Chelsea for €5M and an option to buy for €35M. Atlético wanted to put an obligation to buy, but Chelsea insisted to be an option.

Griezmann was loaned to Atlético Madrid for two seasons with an option to buy. I didn’t saw the details of the deal, but loaning Saúl and unloading his salary certainly helps to pay Griezmann. No player was sent back to Barcelona, though they wanted Joao Felix.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Some reports from Spain say Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes explored the waters with Atlético Madrid, but the club say no, because of the backlash from the fans.

Given that if was necessary to unload Saúl to take on Griezmann and his salary, I'm thinking if the real reason was the club would be unable to pay Cristiano.

Simeone probably thought, we will pay half and get half the production and higher work rate on recovery. But it's a surprise Griezmann doesn't standup more between Suárez, João Félix, Carrasco and Correa. Perhaps arriving at the end of the transfer window played a factor.

I think Atlético made a mistake there. Sure, Cristiano's salary is higher than Griezmann's, but Cristiano cost United €15M and Griezmann will cost €50M.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atletico still salty about those hat tricks

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I think Ronaldo scored more goals vs Atlético than against any other team, but it was strange Simeone didn't worry about fan backlash when signing Griezmann.

Maybe they thought Mendes was just using them to spark interest from a bigger team which was Ronaldo's choice in the first place. And something like that eventually happened with the City.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético Madrid eventually advanced in the Champions League in a red card ridden match against Porto. Liverpool helped winning against AC Milan, on visit. After a 1:0, another two goals in stoppage time sealed the deal, before Porto managed to short the distances in the dying seconds of the match trough a penalty.

While Liverpool won both games vs Atlético, the colchoneros looked good till the refs ruined the games. Depending on the opponents, the campaign could still be good.

However, in La Liga, Real Madrid has a 10 points lead and the derby is coming. Losing the game will slim the chances of repeating, but I think at this point, the main focus will be the Champions League.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Trippier is headed to Newcastle for €30M (less than the €40M of his release clause). Atlético is looking to sign Chelsea’s 32-years old skipper Aspilicueta or Wolves’ and ex-Barcelona Semedo as replacements.

===

After 4 consecutive lost games to end 2021, the team won a game vs Rayo Vallecano. Rayo’s striker “el Tigre” Falcao got ovations from Atlético fans, when entering as subs ute late in the game.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    El Tigre!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético is set to sign Dybala when his contract expires mid-2022, so is joining for free. Dybala would replace Suárez. Simeone is also interested in Lautaro Martínez, but Atlético will not pay €70M Inter is asking for him.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Cerezo said el Cholo Simeone has fulfilled the objectives. To finish in first three, and classify for Champions League for 10th consecutive time. But the team has conceded ever 40 goals this season, it seems trade mark defense wasn’t there.

It seems Suárez is done and Griezmann in decline.

Wondering if Emery or Lopetegui would do better with that players.

Thread Information