Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The club is big nowadays, I think there's no question about, few teams have more financial muscle.

Some players left, Griezmann may leave if Barça pays the release clause or includes Semedo. Atleti doesn't want to deal with protracted payments.

News are:

- Morata, now on permanent basis, to replace Costa as started center forward. Costa seems to be headed to Everton, after one disappointing season in Madrid.
    - Joao Felix from Benfica, the forth most expensive transfer ever. Set to replace Griezmann.
    - Llorente, to replace Rodri, solid signing tbh. Lacks in creativity but great recovering.
    - Herrera, another talented mid-fielder
    - Monteiro, also from Porto, to replace Godin.

If Barça doesn't sign Griezmann in the end, maybe the Cholo can completely change it's style, play 4:3:3 and bring the ball playing all the way from the back. Or sell him anywhere, to PSG or United, and bring Dybala and another defender for his €120M clause and huge salary.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The latest news say, Cerezo has proves Griezmann signed a contract before July 1st, now demands full €200M release clause to be paid.

Rumors are James is eager to sign for Atleti instead of Napoli, because he loves Madrid. Icardi is another candidate to reinforce the forwards rotation, Inter wants him out. But I guess the may need to off-load Costa.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Russia
    Post Count
    Griezmann is Barca's. I doubt Atleti contend with that loss plus the loss of Godin & Hernandez. They have little defensive depth and their wingers don't score enough goals. Come to think of it neither do their other strikers. They better hope Felix comes through.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It seems James is a done deal too. Not sure where is he going to fit, maybe as spark from the bench, because he doesn't recover like Simeone exiges. His technical quality is out of question, though.

Center backs are excellent, the right and left backs not so much, in a sense they don't have offensive game.

If they sell Costa for something reasonable, I think they are going for Icardi or Dybala.

I'm sure Morata as starter can make 1 goal out of 2 games, if he shoots penalties like Griezmann did. Being top 10 player, will be hard to replace, but Atleti is buying top players this days.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atlético to sign Trippier for £20M, a right back English international from Tottenham.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Russia
    Post Count
    He did not have a great season last year after a great world cup. Price sunk to 20 million. Maybe he'll return to form in Madrid, but at least they didn't pay a lot.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Atletico rebuild will require time. Their decline was steady and they had an exodus of important parts from their machine type system. But most importantly they still have Simeone

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Atlético to sign Trippier for £20M, a right back English international from Tottenham.
    Excellent crosser of the ball. Possibly the best volley crosser I have seen.
    Defense... not so great.
    Which is a surprise to me that Simeone wanted him.

Also could become very good on free kicks. Eriksen should not have been taking all of them for Tottenham, Trippier was better from certain spots.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Excellent crosser of the ball. Possibly the best volley crosser I have seen.
    Defense... not so great.
    Which is a surprise to me that Simeone wanted him.

Also could become very good on free kicks. Eriksen should not have been taking all of them for Tottenham, Trippier was better from certain spots.
    What's interesting, Eriksen was offered by Tottenham to Atlético Madrid for £60M.

Atlético is also about to complete the transfer of Mario Hermoso from Espanyol. I guess they are well covered now at CB, with Gimenez, Savic, Monteiro and now Hermoso. Reportedly, Espanyol accepted below his €40M release clause, given that has only one year left in his contract.

But I'm not sure Felix can bring what Griezmann was able to do. I think they should go out for a top forward, someone like Dybala.

I guess, the team was anemic on offensive production from left and right backs. Maybe el Cholo thinks Trippier will improve defense under his guidance, while offense goes down to talent and is harder to teach.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    What's interesting, Eriksen was offered by Tottenham to Atlético Madrid for £60M.

Atlético is also about to complete the transfer of Mario Hermoso from Espanyol. I guess they are well covered now at CB, with Gimenez, Savic, Monteiro and now Hermoso. Reportedly, Espanyol accepted below his €40M release clause, given that has only one year left in his contract.

But I'm not sure Felix can bring what Griezmann was able to do. I think they should go out for a top forward, someone like Dybala.

I guess, the team was anemic on offensive production from left and right backs. Maybe el Cholo thinks Trippier will improve defense under his guidance, while offense goes down to talent and is harder to teach.
    Where did you find the bolded?
    Eriksen’s transfer fee is huge. Levy is finding that Eriksen is not as desired as thought. There have been zero negotiations for Eriksen ( in everything I have read.) As of right now Eriksen is staying and might benefit from the Spurs new mid fielder from Lyon.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Eriksen’s transfer fee is huge. Levy is finding that Eriksen is not as desired as thought. There have been zero negotiations for Eriksen ( in everything I have read.) As of right now Eriksen is staying and might benefit from the Spurs new mid fielder from Lyon.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/20/foot...67048.amp.html

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/sp...96c8b4594.html

Apparently Eriksen wants out and despite Griezmann leaving in strange cir stances the team isn’t short on resources.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    https://en.as.com/en/2019/07/20/foot...67048.amp.html

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/sp...96c8b4594.html

Apparently Eriksen wants out and despite Griezmann leaving in strange cir stances the team isn’t short on resources.
    Nothing about this in the English papers or club news.
    Latest from them is Spurs keeping him for 200k per week for 2 more years past the contract he is still on

Thanks for the info though.

Whoa...

Harry Kane.
    Poor Apo...
    Last edited by pgardn; 07-21-2019 at 10:20 PM.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atletico officially asked La Liga to block Griezmann’s transfer, saying he already had a deal with Barça when his clause was 200, not €120M.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Atletico curbstomping Real in America, 4-0 it hasn't been 30 mins

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I finally find the time to watch a preseason game and that’s what I get?

Lol

felix... pure class...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    50 mins, 6-0

RMAO

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Rmao

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Felix has pace and dribbling that you can't teach. The kid is special. His vision and playmaking at only 19 is outstanding too.

People can't expect every talented kid to come out of Portugal for peanuts like Ronaldo did Specially in today's market. It's a gamble but the potential is obviously there if you watched him play for Benfica.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a ballon d'or winner in his prime, if he stays healthy.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Felix has pace and dribbling that you can't teach. The kid is special. His vision and playmaking at only 19 is outstanding too.

People can't expect every talented kid to come out of Portugal for peanuts like Ronaldo did Specially in today's market. It's a gamble but the potential is obviously there if you watched him play for Benfica.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a ballon d'or winner in his prime, if he stays healthy.
    some of the comments in this thread

https://reddit.com/r/realmadrid/comm...e_hala_madrid/

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What a show

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Marcelo definitely got Vietnam flashbacks from that score line

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    After all, maybe keeping Costa is a good option for Atlético. He had a bad season, maybe this time is going to be different.

About Real Madrid, Casemiro or not, that was a terrible showing, tbh. Even those 3 goals are fools gold, it was when Costa and Carvajal got expulsed, most players were changed and Atlético missed many chances. It could have been even worse.

The intensity certainly wasn't there for Madrid, but to allow 7, 5 by halftime, shows some serious problems.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    By some reports, Atletico sent a new offer for James. EUR 50M and a deadline for Friday.

Thread Information