Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tlaib calls for $20-an-hour minimum wage: 'I can't allow people to be living off tips'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish the senate had the balls to flip back a $12 minimum wage and see if the House had the balls to vote it down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Texas we are already there. Nobody is working for 7.25 unless they are illegal getting victimized by a local hispanic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Texas we are already there. Nobody is working for 7.25 unless they are illegal getting victimized by a local hispanic.
    More PFA from CC: "the minimum wage is fit only for greedy, inferior Mexicans"

From 2016 to 2017, the portion of hourly paid workers in Texas who earned at or below the federal minimum wage declined from 3.9 to 3.1 percent. The percentage of workers earning exactly the federal minimum wage decreased from 1.6 percent to 1.2 percent, while the percentage earning less than the minimum wage fell from 2.3 percent to 1.9 percent.

Of the 196,000 workers earning the prevailing federal minimum wage or less in Texas in 2017, 111,000, or 56.6 percent, were women. These women represented 3.7 percent of all women paid hourly rates in the state. The 85,000 male Texas workers earning the prevailing minimum wage or less accounted for 43.4 percent of all minimum wage workers in the state; they made up 2.6 percent of all men who were paid hourly rates. (See table 2.)

In 2017, Texas’s 3.1-percent proportion of hourly paid workers earning at or below the federal minimum wage ranked 12th highest among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, tying with both Oklahoma and Pennsylvania.
    https://www.bls.gov/regions/southwes...kers_texas.htm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas – 2017

Of the nearly 6.3 million workers paid hourly rates in Texas in 2017,

78,000 earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour,

while 118,000 earned less,

https://www.bls.gov/regions/southwest/news-release/minimumwageworkers_texas.htm

... then add horrible wage theft

National estimate is that employers steal about $50B / year in wage theft

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tlaib calls for $20-an-hour minimum wage: 'I can't allow people to be living off tips'
    $20 an hour in... broke ass ing DETROIT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More PFA from CC: "the minimum wage is fit only for greedy, inferior Mexicans"

https://www.bls.gov/regions/southwes...kers_texas.htm
    Bull . The biggest abusers of illegal aliens from mexico are the local Mexican bosses. Construction crews, tree trimmers, landscapers, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . The biggest abusers of illegal aliens from mexico are the local Mexican bosses. Construction crews, tree trimmers, landscapers, etc.
    I wasn't aware construction companies were primarily Hispanic owned and operated in TX.

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to support your PFA take, you can't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need links, otherwise it's just crude speculation per ST Tropes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need links, otherwise it's just crude speculation per ST Tropes.
    White guilt.

CC needs a brown face to blame for low wages and exploitative conditions of employment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White guilt.

CC needs a brown face to blame for low wages and exploitative conditions of employment.

It's two people doing illegal things entering into an at-will agreement to do illegal things together. How exploitative is that? (Basing this on whitey hiring illegal brown vatos, obv.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's two people doing illegal things entering into an at-will agreement to do illegal things together. How exploitative is that? (Basing this on whitey hiring illegal brown vatos, obv.)
    There's a power differential, but yeah there's at least two parties in any employment situation, both usually willing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a power differential, but yeah there's at least two parties in any employment situation, both usually willing.

With power comes a greater sense of responsibility to do what is right is what I'm hearing here. Is that correct?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Agreed completely, and it’s worth noting that Trump only wants to punish one side of this illegal agreement when the other side is the one that’s actually benefiting from the cheap, illegal labor.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed completely, and it’s worth noting that Trump only wants to punish one side of this illegal agreement when the other side is the one that’s actually benefiting from the cheap, illegal labor.
    Why would Trump punish himself for hiring mojados?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With power comes a greater sense of responsibility to do what is right is what I'm hearing here. Is that correct?
    Not sure I would characterize it that way, no.

The employer who can get away with offering minimum/sub-minimum pay and abusive working conditions has more leverage than the applicants.

If he didn't, there would be a dearth of applicants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White guilt.

Stating an easily observed fact doesn't make me a racist. The only businesses paying less than minimum wage are exploiting illegals in underground businesses. In Texas, any legal citizen that wants to work can find a job making more than minimum wage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice goalpost move, upstream your genneralization was about the minimum wage.

Just keep dodging and if that doesn't work, assume your priors.

Derplike.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice goalpost move, upstream your genneralization was about the minimum wage.

Just keep dodging and if that doesn't work, assume your priors.

Derplike.
    I dodged nothing. You have just turned into a sourpuss,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is such bull CC. At least in Jersey, the boss is always the white guy with the big truck that happens to speak English. I mean, I get it, he’s trying to make a living, nothing wrong about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And FWIW, all those guys charge at least $10/hour, well beyond the federal minimum. Yet, the guy stops by the train station and picks up the daily laborers for the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The famed ‘gig economy’

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That any citizen that wants to work can get a job in San Antonio making more than minimum wage. HEB, Target, Walmart, fast food joints, hotels, etc. are all paying $10+. Even a freak like you could get a job.

Thread Information