My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by CosmicCowboy
    You should ask yourself an honest question.

Who the is working for $7.25 an hour?

Millions of workers are paid less than the ‘average’ minimum wage

https://www.epi.org/blog/millions-of-workers-are-paid-less-than-the-average-minimum-wage/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, nobody makes $7.25 hr. Thanks for proving my point.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But implementing a $15 minimum wage will force employers to pay those that are underpaid at $8.50-$10 hour to pay them $15/hr. That's the end goal. "Nobody makes $7.25" is meaningless to the discussion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your employees: ", in Texas, a state stuck at the federal minimum wage, 2.7 percent of workers reported earning less than $7.50 per hour last year. "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll never advocate for re s at fast food drive-thru's to get anything more than min wage and at our current wage of $7.25/hr. those re s deserve less tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Factually wrong. Gave you the link already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'll never advocate for re s at fast food drive-thru's to get anything more than min wage and at our current wage of $7.25/hr. those re s deserve less tbh.
    If they work full time, 40 hours a week those humble and hardworking "re s" have as much of a right to make a living wage. Don't you see all those "Now Hiring" signs by fast food restaurants? A $15 minimum wage will take care of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they work full time, 40 hours a week those humble and hardworking "re s" have as much of a right to make a living wage. Don't you see all those "Now Hiring" signs by fast food restaurants? A $15 minimum wage will take care of that.
    nope, they'll still be re s who up orders or make people repeat orders and still them up. those re s deserve no more than $1.15/hr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's amazing how nearly every damn fast food hole has "hiring" signs out nearly all time.

The churn is even worse than rideshare drivers. Although one In'n'Out guy told me he took him 3 interviews to get hired, and he was making more per hour than rideshare drivers' average without the cost and risk of running his own car.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's amazing how nearly every damn fast food hole has "hiring" signs out nearly all time.

The churn is even worse than rideshare drivers. Although one In'n'Out guy told me he took him 3 interviews to get hired, and he was making more per hour than rideshare drivers' average without the cost and risk of running his own car.
    Uber and delivery drivers that have to use their own car don't realize how much they are being ripped off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's because they're mainly for high schoolers and not career arrested development re s tbh. the turn over rate is expected with high schoolers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uber and delivery drivers that have to use their own car don't realize how much they are being ripped off.
    Pretty much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's because they're mainly for high schoolers and not career arrested development re s tbh. the turn over rate is expected with high schoolers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Every little bit helps':

Minimum wage to rise in 24 states

as a movement toward $15 an hour builds

More broadly, 24 states and 48 cities and counties will raise their minimum wages in 2020 – a record 72 jurisdictions,

Colorado lawmakers repealed the state’s wage preemption law last May ... Similar repeal efforts are underway in 12 other states,

Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma and

HOLE Texas, all of whose pay floors are mired at $7.25.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-1/2709875001/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fresh Calls to #RaiseTheWage After Study Shows $1 Increase Could Prevent Thousands of Suicides

The House-approved Raise the Wage Act

is among

hundreds of (House Dem) bills sitting on the desk of Republican Senate Majority Leader / Grim Reaper Mitch McConnell

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...?cd-origin=rss

these suicides due from low wages are Trash's cult mob, people who,

like Germans in the 1920s/30s,

see that capitalism and democracy hasn't worked for them,

so they vote for a lawless, authoritarian pathological LIAR and his bull promises

of bettering their lives by preventing non-whites, non-males, non-straights, immigrants

from causing of the suicide group's plight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Number One Jobs Issue in 2020:

No Qualified Job Applicants to be Found

With a total of 33% of all business owners reporting that they had job openings which they could not fill,

there was a sharper 61% of independent businesses which had job openings in construction.

a historically high 29% of owners reported that they have raised compensation over the last three months, and

a net of 24% of owners plan to raise compensation in the coming months.

Another 7% of independent business owners cited the all-in cost of labor as their top problem.

https://247wallst.com/jobs/2020/01/09/the-number-one-jobs-issue-in-2020-no-qualified-job-applicants-to-be-found/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+typepad%2FRyNm+%2824%2F7+Wall+St.%29

Thread Information