Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interesting read. has boston since made any transactions that would necessarily indicate they chose to operate below the cap? of course, as manny said, still means morris's deal must have been 3 years, which hasn't been reported anywhere. i think its more likely they're just dumping to clear up roster space. in any event...

https://earlybirdrights.com/2019/07/...lotte-hornets/
    Good find.

Hmmm ... it's close...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think this mystery guy might just be Andre Iguodala Memphis has been loading up on shooters was talk last year between iggy and Spurs also Spurs might be trying to keep him from LA teams y’all think?think Marco and Metu deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Kawhi would have an even better cast than with Toronto. I don't know why folks are saying the Clippers aren't all that, tbh.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think this mystery guy might just be Andre Iguodala Memphis has been loading up on shooters was talk last year between iggy and Spurs also Spurs might be trying to keep him from LA teams y’all think?think Marco and Metu deal
    I could see that

edit he makes a lot of money though. Don’t think salaries would match

Edit 2 belinelli and mills would work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see that
    would be weird to characterize him as a forward who could shoot from beyond the arc. i mean technically not inaccurate, but thats not how i'd describe him at all. heck if there was a guy on memphis i'd be talking about, it would be yuta. i doubt they move him though

besides, iggy isnt a free agent, which OP was specific about

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Could be on to something especially after seeing this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was told Marco and possibly another player to obtain a free agent. A forward free agent who has range on his jumper. Any forward power or small who can hit the three who is a FA jump out to y'all?
    fyi... this is the post im referring to. the fact that its a FA narrows the field quite a bit. its why people are talking about lyles. its just odd, he doesnt seem like the caliber of player making it worth to jump all these hoops just to make space for him

iggy doesnt fit the bill

loveforthegame
    raybies
    Duncan87

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh what if it’s beli and metu to Celtics in sign and trade for Morris then we use the mle on korver. He just got waived today and would fit the back up 3. He’s a forward and shoots 3s. Could also see them adding TRob. I think his brother may have made a deal to get him in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because korver's going to be had for the veteran's minimum, likely for the lakers

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw another blip that the Suns' management met with Oubre on Sunday night and lowballed him, and he and his agent left pissed. With most all of the cap money dried up, they thought they had the upper hand. Now they've made the deal with Rubio, and they are actively looking for S&T deals so they can get Rubio signed.

Saw another article on ESPN that none of the big offer sheets that were expected for Oubre have come through, and he's starting to look like the last man standing when the music stopped. I didn't think there was a snowball's chance of getting Oubre for what the Spurs could pay. But it looks like someone is going to get him for less than expected.

The Spurs could easily just stand pat with Morris and Carroll, without all the gyrations. It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to bring in Lyles. I honestly don't know why he shot .250 from 3P last season, but dayum. DeRozan could do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because korver's going to be had for the veteran's minimum, likely for the lakers

Plus the fact that the Suns waived him, so there's no need to trade anyone to get him - and the fact that there's not a roster spot to sign him outright.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc Rivers can't be that bad of a coach as some of you here keep saying. Tim Duncan wanted to play for him at a certain point in time too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw another blip that the Suns' management met with Oubre on Sunday night and lowballed him, and he and his agent left pissed. With most all of the cap money dried up, they thought they had the upper hand. Now they've made the deal with Rubio, and they are actively looking for S&T deals so they can get Rubio signed.

Saw another article on ESPN that none of the big offer sheets that were expected for Oubre have come through, and he's starting to look like the last man standing when the music stopped. I didn't think there was a snowball's chance of getting Oubre for what the Spurs could pay. But it looks like someone is going to get him for less than expected.

The Spurs could easily just stand pat with Morris and Carroll, without all the gyrations. It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to bring in Lyles. I honestly don't know why he shot .250 from 3P last season, but dayum. DeRozan could do that.
    Rubio already signed, though.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expectation: Beli + Mills/Forbes
    Reality: Beli + White

Out of the three guards, only White and Murray have considerable value. Unless someone heavily values Mills (like PHILA), I highly doubt teams would cough up anything of value for that sieve of a backcourt of Mills and Beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they want to trade to clear a roster spot without waiving metu and having more dead money on the table. Also I think hearing this news today after Lonnie’s performance and Keldon’s recently they want to clear the way for them to have roles or avenues to contribute. Becky is very high on Keldon and no doubt she’s spoken to pop. Also I think that extra roster spot is to get that third big we need. Maybe TRob in a family deal for Morris. Maybe Milutinov? Korver would make perfect sense in the roster a poster mentioned above. He’s also gonna be a free agent and also shoots threes and a forward and also just so happened to be waived today. He also has tons of experience in Spursy systems...

Murray/White/Mills
    Demar/Walker/Forbes
    Carrol/Korver/Johnson
    Morris/Gay/Samanic
    LMA/Poetl/Robinson

Edit: we can afford to give a first to dump beli and metu to Boston since we had two picks this year. if this scenario is accurate then the deal won’t be done till late Tuesday or early Wednesday
    Last edited by raybies; 07-09-2019 at 02:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they want to trade to clear a roster spot without waiving metu and having more dead money on the table. Also I think hearing this news today after Lonnie’s performance and Keldon’s recently they want to clear the way for them to have roles or avenues to contribute. Becky is very high on Keldon and no doubt she’s spoken to pop. Also I think that extra roster spot is to get that third big we need. Maybe TRob in a family deal for Morris. Maybe Milutinov? Korver would make perfect sense in the roster a poster mentioned above. He’s also gonna be a free agent and also shoots threes and a forward.

Murray/White/Mills
    Demar/Walker/Forbes
    Carrol/Korver/Johnson
    Morris/Gay/Samanic
    LMA/Poetl/Robinson

Edit: we can afford to give a first to dump beli and metu to Boston since we had two picks this year. if this scenario is accurate then the deal won’t be done till late Tuesday or early Wednesday
    Bingo. I think theyre giving up on Metu. We have to consider that we have two draft picks next year and adding two more rooks might just be too much youth movement.

Murray/ White/ Quinndary
    Forbes/ Walker/ Johnson
    DeMar/ Carroll/ Korver
    LMA/ Morris/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Eubanks/ draft a center next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rubio already signed, though.

The Spurs signed Morris, but the deal isn't finalized yet. At one point the Rubio deal was hung up on Oubre's $10M cap hold. Maybe the Suns found another way to clear the room and still hang onto Oubre's cap hold. But I know the Suns met with Oubre on Sunday night and lowballed him. It sounded like it was to try and make room to finalize Rubio. But if they're just pissing around because they don't think anyone with cap room is going to throw him a better offer sheet, that's just as bad. Maybe worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs signed Morris, but the deal isn't finalized yet. At one point the Rubio deal was hung up on Oubre's $10M cap hold. Maybe the Suns found another way to clear the room and still hang onto Oubre's cap hold. But I know the Suns met with Oubre on Sunday night and lowballed him. It sounded like it was to try and make room to finalize Rubio. But if they're just pissing around because they don't think anyone with cap room is going to throw him a better offer sheet, that's just as bad. Maybe worse.
    no, spurs have "agreed to terms" with morris. nothing official from the team. suns posted the story and you can see rubio signing the deal in a photo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they want to trade to clear a roster spot without waiving metu and having more dead money on the table. Also I think hearing this news today after Lonnie’s performance and Keldon’s recently they want to clear the way for them to have roles or avenues to contribute. Becky is very high on Keldon and no doubt she’s spoken to pop. Also I think that extra roster spot is to get that third big we need. Maybe TRob in a family deal for Morris. Maybe Milutinov? Korver would make perfect sense in the roster a poster mentioned above. He’s also gonna be a free agent and also shoots threes and a forward.

Murray/White/Mills
    Demar/Walker/Forbes
    Carrol/Korver/Johnson
    Morris/Gay/Samanic
    LMA/Poetl/Robinson

I thought Milutinov had made a deal in China (Sharks?). Maybe that's not finalized yet, either, but it sounded like they were wrapping it up.

Those (1 year) vet min deals for someone like Korver are really kind of sweet. The league reimburses the team for anything above the two year veteran minimum salary. They would still have to find a way to clear a roster spot, and I don't think Korver is in the Spurs' future. But he would be cheap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure it's actually Montejunas with the deal in China.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My source is in a meeting but, trying to piece together stuff he’s told me, Marco has been on the trade block since March.
    They had teams at the draft interested but they wanted unprotected picks attached. I do know they chased Iggy hard a couple years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My source is in a meeting but, trying to piece together stuff he’s told me, Marco has been on the trade block since March.
    They had teams at the draft interested but they wanted unprotected picks attached. I do know they chased Iggy hard a couple years ago.
    In a meeting at 2am? Damn dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unprotected picks? :rofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unprotected picks? :rofl
    belli isnt exactly an attractive asset

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't tell me is Mills??? Plus metu????
    ��