Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just wondering the thoughts of my fellow Spurs fans who have been watching the games this season. I've been busy and have yet to watch a game. I think I've caught all the ten minute highlights on YT though. But man, sometimes it's not even that fun watching those. I'm wondering from the people who have been watching the games, how you'd rate it compared to the glory days and even compared to last season.

I know it can't be as great as when we had two first ballot HOF'ers with Manu and Timmy, but man. For me, losing even old Manu and a superstar like Kawhi and of course the ever loveable Timmy obviously gonna be felt. But besides that, I'm wondering what may be missing here. I think I made a similar thread to this last season, but I don't remember what it's called, so we'll go with this anew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This current group is the rich man Knicks of the 2000s. No knucklehead players or lockerroom issues but the play on the court is filled with lifeless, loser vets playing only for their overpaid paychecks. All the games this season have been hard to watch cause you see there’s talent but it’s just brought down by poor coaching and complacent players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Murray are fun to watch. ST meltdowns are still fun too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely the toughest watch I can remember, but I suppose some of that has to do with the fact that we suck. Even 90-78 games are kinda fun if your team wins

Really does feel like a low effort/disinterested squad though. team has a very strong collecting checks vibe
    Last edited by Beartrucci; 11-06-2019 at 01:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop still driving the Spurs around in his ‘96 Buick LeSabre on todays NBA highways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a scale from 1 to 10? 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Murray back it is more fun than last year although I miss Davis who is a much needed 3 point shooter for the regular season.

I have hopes it gets more fun when Murray and White both play 30 minutes and Carroll plays instead of Belli, but I have doubts this will actually happen. I have the bad feeling we will not see Murray and White share the floor even after Murrays restriction of playing time is lifted. If I feel we have the best players of the team actually on the court and we still lose its ok ... but Pops rotations really kill the fun!

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year was the worst Spurs team since 1997. This year is hardly better. The offense being built around two losers like Derozan and Aldridge makes it hard to stomach games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's signature ended our ball movement and made our game increasingly ugly, Kawhi's exit made our basketball ugly and weak

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, extremely dull. Murray (except for the last two games) has been a blast to watch but otherwise, this has sucked.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year’s team was strangely kinda fun. Watching Derrick White discover who he was, Forbes didn’t play too bad, DeMar had some fun plays, Poeltl actually played well. This current team is like watching a bunch of life support patients play pick up ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be the first year in a long while that I am not going to go to games or watch them all the time. There is something going on with this team you can tell players aren’t happy and it pretty depressing to watch them go through the motions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not fun to watch. Period

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, Robinson's rookie year was the most fun to watch. That was a 10. I wasn't alive for the Gervin years. This year is more infuriating than any other year because we have a redundancy in Mills and Forbes, a whiney in Demar, and the corpse of Marco decaying on the floor for 15 minutes a game. Put in Lonnie, White, and Murray for bigger minutes and watch us turn into a fastbreak team. We ain't winning playing this style of bball anyways so might as well be fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going back to the Spurs first championship:

2012-2015 > 2003-2007 > 1999-2002 > 2016-2017 > 2008-2011 > 2018-2019

I might flip 2008-2011 with 2018-2019 because those RJ years were pretty damn maddening, but at least there was still the potential of contending with the Big 3.

Right now, the only fun thing to watch is really Murray and White. Aldridge and DeRozan are antiquated and under-performing, Pop's rotations have been all over the place even for him, Trey Lyles is the only new player seeing the floor, and Beli is wasting games away while Pop treats Lonnie with kid gloves.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    boring mid range iso ball........not worth watching...........ever since lma signed & we traded for ddr ive missed 60+ games before that i never missed 1 in 14 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very boring. Not good basketball. Not fun when losing games. The guys seem to just be going through the motions. Don’t see a lot of heart and hustle out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's signature ended our ball movement and made our game increasingly ugly, Kawhi's exit made our basketball ugly and weak
    Yep. Signing LMA was the beginning of the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive enjoyed Murray’s development and whites as well. I really enjoyed the few moments seeing Murray and Walker in the clippers game. A couple of fast breaks had me on my feet but they are still learning to finish them well.

Honestly, i would get excited to see a Murray white walker lineup. But outside of that, not very exciting
    Last edited by TDomination; 11-06-2019 at 03:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a lot more fun if you've been actively betting against them tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s more fun going back and forth on ST than actually watching the games. Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    been watching basketball since before the first championship...this is probably the least fun I’ve had watching the spurs. I feel nothing but frustration and anger during every game. I wouldn’t even mind losing that much if we didn’t have ing LOSERS like demar and lapussy. a losing season with a youth movement would be so much less terrible. pop has to make the playoffs again..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going back to the Spurs first championship:

2012-2015 > 2003-2007 > 1999-2002 > 2016-2017 > 2008-2011 > 2018-2019

I might flip 2008-2011 with 2018-2019 because those RJ years were pretty damn maddening, but at least there was still the potential of contending with the Big 3.

Right now, the only fun thing to watch is really Murray and White. Aldridge and DeRozan are antiquated and under-performing, Pop's rotations have been all over the place even for him, Trey Lyles is the only new player seeing the floor, and Beli is wasting games away while Pop treats Lonnie with kid gloves.
    08-11 was still fun. manu hurting his ankle before the lakers series really ed us. Things never really felt too out of hand when the big 3 were around

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull that 2009-2010 Spurs team was the worse. I actually like this years team and the only thing holding them back is bad coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very boring. Not good basketball. Not fun when losing games. The guys seem to just be going through the motions. Don’t see a lot of heart and hustle out there.
    Exactly. And one more thing. I liked Tim and Tony and Manu in their off-court personas. They seemed very likable and had some charisma (even Tim's drollness). They seemed very comfortable in their own skin and very relaxed on camera and in interviews and such. Of the current crop, only Dijon has an ounce of personality/charisma.

Thread Information