Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the very few guys on the team that show guys on a regular basis, I'm kinda tired of people disrespecting Forbes, tbh. Dude was great for us.

We would not have made the playoffs without Forbes.
    that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people need to pump their brakes with the superstar talk. I do think he has the potential to get there but we have to see how he performs against real NBA players and if he can actually use his 1 on 1 offensive gifts to get his teammates involved more. Not to mention being consistently solid on defense

I must admit I'm very excited about his potential and how well he will play this upcoming season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people need to pump their brakes with the superstar talk.

Do you not know where you have landed?

This is Spurstalk...the land of overreaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you not know where you have landed?

This is Spurstalk...the land of overreaction.
    Lmao.

There is a solid amount of reasonable posters on here.

I really look forward to seeing how well Walker IV can mesh with the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to one of the shows on Sirius today and the host brought up who did the other guys think was the best player in summer league? My first thought was Lonnie did not get enough playing time for them to even notice but he was the first guy they brought up.

With the usual qualifiers about talent level etc... at summer league, I have to say, the games I watched, he was head and shoulder above the compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people need to pump their brakes with the superstar talk.
    For real.. we should let him become a mainstay in the rotation before we get out the anointing oil.. He has the tools to score and play D in the pros, my question is will he have the balls to assert himself and take control of his own opportunity. If he makes the hustle plays on defense and takes the open 3 when called upon he has a shot he has a chance, but we'll see what his mindset is in year 2..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people need to pump their brakes with the superstar talk. I do think he has the potential to get there but we have to see how he performs against real NBA players and if he can actually use his 1 on 1 offensive gifts to get his teammates involved more. Not to mention being consistently solid on defense

I must admit I'm very excited about his potential and how well he will play this upcoming season
    That's all we're saying. I don't think anyone has posted that he WILL be a superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listening to one of the shows on Sirius today and the host brought up who did the other guys think was the best player in summer league? My first thought was Lonnie did not get enough playing time for them to even notice but he was the first guy they brought up.

With the usual qualifiers about talent level etc... at summer league, I have to say, the games I watched, he was head and shoulder above the compe ion.
    Well, he averaged 30 in Vegas. That'll get the attention of even casual media types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all we're saying. I don't think anyone has posted that he WILL be a superstar.
    Ummm isn't that the le of the thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummm isn't that the le of the thread?
    It's...dabom. That hardly counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it Joel Meyer's show? He always brings up the Spurs because he has mad respect for Pop and the organization. He's almost a homer. The Spurs are improved from last year's team but will need a lot of things go right for them to make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it Joel Meyer's show? He always brings up the Spurs because he has mad respect for Pop and the organization. He's almost a homer. The Spurs are improved from last year's team but will need a lot of things go right for them to make the playoffs.
    WTF? They had almost NOTHING go right last year and made the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is this people linked to the Spurs that mentioned him, or was it people from other teams that mentioned him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's no doubt in my mind that a guy who averages 30 in SL with a 2-point FG% of 60% can't put up 20 Points on 45% Shooting in the NBA. Especially with his speed and athleticism. Most NBA Players won't be able to defend those off the dribble pull-ups any better. Walker and Gay should be the main scoring options off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this people linked to the Spurs that mentioned him, or was it people from other teams that mentioned him?
    It was the hosts. I honestly don't recall who they were (there were three) but I think one was Tim Legler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=RC_Drunkford;9882078]there's no doubt in my mind that a guy who averages 30 in SL with a 2-point FG% of 60% can't put up 20 Points on 45% Shooting in the NBA. Especially with his speed and athleticism. Most NBA Players won't be able to defend those off the dribble pull-ups any better. Walker and Gay should be the main scoring options off the bench[/QUOTE]
    Not if LMA has something to say about that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? They had almost NOTHING go right last year and made the playoffs.
    It's more about other teams getting better personnel-wise. Who would you say doesn't make it from this list?

2018 Playoff teams:

Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers, OKC, Jazz, Spurs, Clippers -

OKC is out this year & Warriors will not be a lock to make it.

Realistically, these teams should be locks to make it to the playoffs: Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers & Jazz

6 teams (Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Kings, Pelicans & Mavs) will be battling for the final 3 spots in my opinion. Who doesn't make it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more about other teams getting better personnel-wise. Who would you say doesn't make it from this list?

2018 Playoff teams:

Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, Blazers, OKC, Jazz, Spurs, Clippers -

OKC is out this year & Warriors will not be a lock to make it.

Realistically, these teams should be locks to make it to the playoffs: Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, Blazers & Jazz

6 teams (Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Kings, Pelicans & Mavs) will be battling for the final 3 spots in my opinion. Who doesn't make it?
    Mavs, Kings, and Pels will be better and make some noise, but have little team experience with a playoff stretch run and very few players with that experience, either. People don't see it yet, but the Rockets are going to be a train wreck. Russ just kind of doesn't fit at all.

, I wouldn't even write in the Lakers as a lock. Did ANYONE predict they wouldn't make it last year? They are going to be ing thin as on that roster, a rotten stinky bench. If you merge-compared our rosters, I'd put LeBron and AD first, followed by about half of our roster, Kuzma-Green-Boogie, the rest of our roster, then the that's left over playing in LA.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker will probably J Sim it for the first 30 games; some moderate double digits. This will probably be his last season missing the all star game, tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told ya'll fools what was up.

Ya'll better listen next time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonnie basketball cards flying on ebay lol

gotta love it!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure it will be, and it's not the first time this is said in this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanna believe this finally earned him a definite spot on the rotation. Should be a starter but we all know that's a move that will probably take Pop about 2 or 3 seasons to make, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg needs to get over himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next Kawhi. Kawhi was Michael Kidd Gilchrist when he joined the league. Spurs make role players into MVPs.
    Oh but Kawhi faked and injury in order to go home and please his uncle.

Thread Information