Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can tell masai is mad as at uncle dennis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis is a greedy, lying person and Kawhi his personal puppet. These are the things we know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s really nothing to be upset about. He got more than he bargained for, a championship. Now he goes back to his original plan with developing youth imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s really nothing to be upset about. He got more than he bargained for, a championship. Now he goes back to his original plan with developing youth imo
    Sure but its pretty clear masai sees Dennis and his entourage as untrustworthy individuals. All reports point to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good cop, bad cop. Masai should know Kawhi was just as 'to blame' for any deceit.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Good cop, bad cop. Masai should know Kawhi was just as 'to blame' for any deceit.
    The "deceit" that he wanted to play in his hometown as a free-agent?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's not like Kawhi had a deal that he will re-sign when he was traded to the Raptors & reneged like Kyrie. He served his one year commitment & had no obligations to the Raptors one the season ended.

Were folks calling out Masai when he traded a loyal servant after he told him otherwise & ACTUALLY had a contract? But I guess a "business decision" is only acceptable when it's in the interest of the team that OWNED the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's face it: Uncle outplayed everybody.

Like it or not (and I don't like it a bit), the guy is a genius. A three year plan which included a ring (maybe two), a year's rest, choosing the city and the team and the star to pair with. I mean, this is masterful.

And BTW he showed why being quiet and not talking to the press (or to people leaking to the press) works out better. Again, I don't like it, but we must give it to the Uncle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like it or not (and I don't like it a bit), the guy is a genius. A three year plan which included a ring (maybe two), a year's rest, choosing the city and the team and the star to pair with. I mean, this is masterful.

And BTW he showed why being quiet and not talking to the press (or to people leaking to the press) works out better. Again, I don't like it, but we must give it to the Uncle.
    Sorry man, but its too easy to be considered a genius for the fact that you don't play by rules and fairness...its like a poker's player cheating. He can be considered smart in a vicious sense if he gets away with it, but not a genius...just because he cheated the other people. The point is that once the poker player is discovered cheating, he risks to be shoot in the head...in that sense there were means to discover the truth in Leonard's case, and probably they were adopted (I mean his supposed injury has been more than probably been eveluated by a nba doctor)...but is a fact and also a problem that the consequences provided from the nba rules also in case you are discovered chating in the sense if exagerating an injury or claim the existence of a non existent injury, are nothing to be scared about.
    That's a big problem...
    But that is also, imho (I'm not an american or nba lawyer), breach of contract and a fraud...and a very big one, considering you're collecting millions of dollars.
    In any kind of logical system a behavior like this should, at least, take you off the system you so diligently disrespected...and banned from the game for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry man, but its too easy to be considered a genius for the fact that you don't play by rules and fairness...its like a poker's player cheating. He can be considered smart in a vicious sense if he gets away with it, but not a genius...just because he cheated the other people. The point is that once the poker player is discovered cheating, he risks to be shoot in the head...in that sense there were means to discover the truth in Leonard's case, and probably they were adopted (I mean his supposed injury has been more than probably been eveluated by a nba doctor)...but is a fact and also a problem that the consequences provided from the nba rules also in case you are discovered chating in the sense if exagerating an injury or claim the existence of a non existent injury, are nothing to be scared about.
    That's a big problem...
    But that is also, imho (I'm not an american or nba lawyer), breach of contract and a fraud...and a very big one, considering you're collecting millions of dollars.
    In any kind of logical system a behavior like this should, at least, take you off the system you so diligently disrespected...and banned from the game for life.
    This only if you believe the injury was a fake.
    Everything else was totally by the book. I don't like it but no rule prevents players from tampering. Rememebr LBJ-Miami.

The injury wasn't a fake, we have to admit it. Danny Green and the Pau foot misdiagnosis made me realize it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything else was totally by the book. I don't like it but no rule prevents players from tampering. Rememebr LBJ-Miami.

The injury wasn't a fake, we have to admit it. Danny Green and the Pau foot misdiagnosis made me realize it.
    was danny green's injury a misdiagnosis? i thought he didn't report it and just kept playing till it got worse. he never had it checked out. as for pau... his body is breaking down.. not sure what else the medical team could do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle could have got Leonard a super max. And then further lost an extra year on the contract. I wouldn't call it masterful. And consider I'm unsure if any player would use his agency. And pretty sure teams will not want to deal with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was danny green's injury a misdiagnosis? i thought he didn't report it and just kept playing till it got worse. he never had it checked out. as for pau... his body is breaking down.. not sure what else the medical team could do.
    Actually, the medical staff cleared Pau for practice but he had a broken foot, he had to pull off court after 5 minutes. Danny as I recall said he had to play injured. Which is OK anyway, they are paid to play as long as they can do it, not to play only when 100% healthy. My point was that Kawhi injury wasn't fake.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #2 not even willing to defend his le.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, the medical staff cleared Pau for practice but he had a broken foot, he had to pull off court after 5 minutes. Danny as I recall said he had to play injured. Which is OK anyway, they are paid to play as long as they can do it, not to play only when 100% healthy. My point was that Kawhi injury wasn't fake.
    thanks for that clarification. but i thought its not whether kawhi was actually injured or not but spurs docs got it spot on that its a degenerative condition which he had to deal with it for the rest of his career. and the fact is clear that he can play through the 'pain' as he did last year in the playoffs. but he chose to sit out the rest of the season during his last season with us and hide away from the team etc...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are missing then point. Only God knows if there was an injurt and what kind of injury...but we are humans, doctors included. That said, we as organizaion are not only extremely cautious with the health of our players (looks like a lot of other organizations are not) but we are also fair with players and their agents to the point of being naive...because non one in his right state of mind would delegate complete control of the health status of his main player to somebody outside of the organization...that tells the amount of trust and confidence we have with our players and their agents. In this case all his group behavior was in the sense to cheat...I mdon't know what kind of evidence you want more than this (all his subsequent behavior is in line with this...he just did not want to 'play anymore for us and he wanted to go to LA).
    Back to the point.
    If Spurs doctors, nba doctors and some other doctors (reportedly 7 before he found one of his convenience) say you are cleared too play, you have to play...you can always sign a big insurance in case you don't trust all of them...but you have to play and play by your strenghts...and remember that 90% of nba players play with some injury...simply because that's part of the game.
    If you don't...well that should have to be sanctioned and sanctioned heavily...because if you're not scared of the system you are going to the system any time you desire...and that's not acceptable.
    The facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are missing then point. Only God knows if there was an injurt and what kind of injury...but we are humans, doctors included. That said, we as organizaion are not only extremely cautious with the health of our players (looks like a lot of other organizations are not) but we are also fair with players and their agents to the point of being naive...because non one in his right state of mind would delegate complete control of the health status of his main player to somebody outside of the organization...that tells the amount of trust and confidence we have with our players and their agents. In this case all his group behavior was in the sense to cheat...I mdon't know what kind of evidence you want more than this (all his subsequent behavior is in line with this...he just did not want to 'play anymore for us and he wanted to go to LA).
    Back to the point.
    If Spurs doctors, nba doctors and some other doctors (reportedly 7 before he found one of his convenience) say you are cleared too play, you have to play...you can always sign a big insurance in case you don't trust all of them...but you have to play and play by your strenghts...and remember that 90% of nba players play with some injury...simply because that's part of the game.
    If you don't...well that should have to be sanctioned and sanctioned heavily...because if you're not scared of the system you are going to the system any time you desire...and that's not acceptable.
    The facts
    You are basically saying PATFO didn't have the balls to sue Kawhi for breach of contract, and Uncle took advantage of it. Might be like that, sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And losing $80 mil along the way. Not like they’ll get even close to making up for it with the New Balance deal.It was a power trip, sure but an expensive one for the posse, make no mistake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the facts we both know are in the sense that they preferred not to go the hard way...in fact they did get at least something in a trade.
    Better this or a lawsuit? this probably...with these kind of rules and sanctions.
    But the point remains...these rules and sanctions are made in the fairness perspective...not in the chating perspective.
    No adequate sanction means big risk of cheating.
    Big sanction (from years of suspensions without pay till being banned for life...depending, for example, by how many millions you received) means big risk for the dishonest.
    I can tell you that no agent is gonna risk his player entire career and money just for some more money or just appease his player will...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And losing $80 mil along the way. Not like they’ll get even close to making up for it with the New Balance deal.It was a power trip, sure but an expensive one for the posse, make no mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's sister had an instagram post lashing out at Toronto fans being upset at her autist brother for leaving. Her lashing out included the opinion that the Spurs "Screwed" her precious brother over by sending him him anywhere but LA and Toronto should be happy about the one year rental - I guess the sense of en lement trickles down to family member leeches as well. If the Spurs truly wanted to screw the Neph, they would have kept him and leaked to the media that they don't know about his long term future. Or he would have been sent to a horrible eastern conference team.

Now Toronto's GM is saying that ONLY KL was being straight forward with him in the FA period. The chickens are now coming home to roost. The Spurs have been putting up with the "group" around their former star player for years and years. The Clips just made a deal with the devil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn’t really call losing 80mil a genius. And he got really lucky with Dubs injury. Uncle Dennis probably think he’s a genius, until hits the pan. And it will with the amount of enemies they have created. I doubt any old Canadian would wear NB now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make that money up quite quickly in LA. Plus the Ballmer proximity opens up investment doors otherwise tightly sealed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard will be chasing that $80MM the rest of his career. You don't make up that money easily. If he stayed in San Antonio, been a pro, and worked with the Spurs they would have paid him the SuperMax. They decided to Ghost the organization and destroy the relationship with the antics. Add to that the tax burden of California will eat up a lot of his gross salary - I'm not a tax accountant but he loses on that front. Just playing in California full time will easily burn off an additional $8MM to $10MM in salary. Maybe more. If the Chronic tendon issue gets even worse to the point of a rupture, the career is shortened considerably. That's also why a two year deal (to get to a 10 year SuperMax) was not considered. The group does not really know what's left in the tank for the Nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make that money up quite quickly in LA. Plus the Ballmer proximity opens up investment doors otherwise tightly sealed.
    I bet Blake Griffin thought that too.

Thread Information