Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris wasn't going to be a miracle player for the Spurs anyway, so if he has an at ude that he can back out and go somewhere else, I don't want him to be forced to come here. The Spurs should ask the league for a fine equal to half his salary in NY. They'd get some 'found money' in the pot without having to earn it. The league would make a feeble assertion that they are going to enforce tampering rules and everyone goes home happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris wasn't going to be a miracle player for the Spurs anyway, so if he has an at ude that he can back out and go somewhere else, I don't want him to be forced to come here. The Spurs should ask the league for a fine equal to half his salary in NY. They'd get some 'found money' in the pot without having to earn it. The league would make a feeble assertion that they are going to enforce tampering rules and everyone goes home happy.
    Marcus wasn’t going to be a miracle player for us, but he would have been VERY GOOD. Nonetheless you paint a dream scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand why the knicks are going through all these hoops and gymnastics only to add marcus morris on a 1 year deal in a season when they're going to be bottom barrel regardless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand why the knicks are going through all these hoops and gymnastics only to add marcus morris on a 1 year deal in a season when they're going to be bottom barrel regardless
    Maybe trying to curry favor with Klutch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe trying to curry favor with Klutch?
    for who? lebron? davis? john wall?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not just incompetent, but also stupid. Once they realized they had lost the FA battle to Brooklyn and to a lesser extent Miami (first day of FA) they should've started to ac ulate assets using their capspace, taking on bad 2 year contracts for picks or players on rookie scale, with no less than 2 years under contract. That way they would have been able to be players for Giannis, CJ McCollum, Gobert, Beal, Oladipo and other top tier FAs of 2021 class. They could've made space for 2 max FAs and have a bunch of talented youngsters with 2-3 years on rookie deals, experienced enough to go deep in playoffs but cheap enough to fill the roster with role players. Or they could also trade those youngsters and ac ulated assets for 3rd star.

But they did some of the dumbest things I've ever seen, filling the roster with mediocre players on 1+1 contracts, looking for non existent FA class of 2020 or waiting until 2021, but with lesser assets, than in the above mentioned scenario.

I think they just panicked seeing Brooklyn get a competent FO, getting a good team, go into playoffs and attract big FAs, so they decided to field a better team, but did it the Knicks way. Also there is some smart ass move to get all the PFs on the market to create a shortage and trade them to contenders at the deadline, but contenders don't usually have premier assets at that point and having 5 guys, some of them headcases, fight for playing time and next contract is going to explode big time, affecting the development of their young guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Morris goes to the Knicks, just offer Bullock the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need that PF who can dabble at SF... bullock doesnt move the needle. we have enough guards and we brought in carroll primarily to be the reserve 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need that PF who can dabble at SF... bullock doesnt move the needle. we have enough guards and we brought in carroll primarily to be the reserve 3
    Meh. Sure, Bullock isn't as ideal as Morris. But a 6'7" guy who shoots 40% from 3 isn't too shabby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, DeRozan, Bullock, Carroll, Aldridge
    Murray, Forbes, Walker, Gay, Poeltl

That's better than Layles or whoever other stiff is there at PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't the MLE be split amongst multiple players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather secure it on good one. Than divide it among several mediocre ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this because the fcker has plantar fasciitis.A 7 mil pay cut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but we don't have space.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All this because the fcker has plantar fasciitis.A 7 mil pay cut
    That part doesn't make any sense, especially during the summer. They're acting like he has to replace his foot with one of those springy blade things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA reporter types will make plantar fascilitis out to be akin to AIDS if it will help the Knicks.

I actually have plantar fasciitis; it's pretty painful, no doubt, but simply wearing a compression sock cut the pain level down significantly. No way it would be serious enough for Bullock to agree to take half of what he was initially offered from the Knicks- one would think, at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually have plantar fasciitis; it's pretty painful, no doubt, but simply wearing a compression sock cut the pain level down significantly. No way it would be serious enough for Bullock to agree to take half of what he was initially offered from the Knicks- one would think, at least.
    Remember how many games White missed with it last year. It certainly can flare up if you don't rest it. I actually have it myself too. There are days where it feels completely fine, and there are days where I can barely walk. I can't imagine how much harder it is to play at an NBA level with that pain. It does feel like they have enough time to fix it at this point without it affecting the season, but yeah, he could miss a lot of time if he's still suffering come October.

Of course, it's hard to reasonably expect that issue to warrant such a drop in salary. Keeping the same APY but dropping or altering the guarantee on the second year? Makes sense. Reducing the money for both years? Not really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leasshole?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give TRob a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give TRob a shot.
    Oh no.

Thread Information