San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That trade doesn’t work
    ? Worked for me tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? Worked for me tbh.
    Where in your head ? Edit - you are correct. I was counting Morris. If Morris doesn’t come then yes, it works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where in your head ?
    , trade machine tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Option Z: Keep the MLE and wait for the buyout market
    Agree, No point signing someone that ain't going to make the team any better. Play Luka and KJ at the back up forward spots and let them learn on the job.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Forbes/Beli/Metu. Throw in a 2nd rounder if you need to. Charlotte takes that deal. Easy tbh.
    Why does Charlotte do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Charlotte do that?
    Why wouldn't they? Younger player in Forbes and frees up minutes for Washington plus a 2nd rounder. All for a guy that's gone next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggy wouldn't hurt my feelings, every other name makes me cringe (I mean I don't hate having a guy like Holiday or Bullock on the team over Belinelli but I don't think they're important minutes players.) Chris Singleton would be obviously satisfying considering he's the guy I wanted us to draft the year we got Kawhi. As a matter of fact when I heard we traded up I just knew Singleton was the pick lol.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't they? Younger player in Forbes and frees up minutes for Washington plus a 2nd rounder. All for a guy that's gone next year.
    But you say Forbes is garbage.

Pick a lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also nothing wrong with bringing some guys into camp to compete for the job as well. The Celtics released Yabusele. I'm not giving him a lot of money, but I think he could still stick in the league. Let him and Metu duke it out with a couple other cast-offs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you say Forbes is garbage.

Pick a lane.
    Forbes is garbage when you have Lonnie, DJ, and White ahead of him. The Hornets don't have that problem. Try to keep up, old man.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Forbes is garbage when you have Lonnie, DJ, and White ahead of him. The Hornets don't have that problem. Try to keep up, old man.
    Keep up with what?

You say they want garbage.

Teams don't want garbage.

Try to make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Forbes, Walker, White and Murray are the four best guards on the team. They should all get minutes next year and be a real positive for the roster. Going to Mills or Weatherspoon is a downgrade, and considering Lonnie and DJM both have injury concerns, it seems even more unwise to shirk guard depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there any truth to the rumor that now Morris is considering sticking with the Spurs?

What a show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there any truth to the rumor that now Morris is considering sticking with the Spurs?

What a show.
    Haven't seen that rumor at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Forbes, Walker, White and Murray are the four best guards on the team. They should all get minutes next year and be a real positive for the roster. Going to Mills or Weatherspoon is a downgrade, and considering Lonnie and DJM both have injury concerns, it seems even more unwise to shirk guard depth.
    I don't disagree with any of that, but the reality is that Fatty will play and he'll get his 20 minutes. I think DJ and White are a lock for 25ish as well (should be more for DWhite tbh). Knowing Pop, Lonnie will be the odd man out and I'm 100% certain he's a much better NBA player than Forbes.

Sure, I'd love to trade Patty and keep Bryn but that's not happening. The team doesn't get close to its ceiling next year unless Lonnie has a big role and the path to that is much easier with Forbes/Beli out of the picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't seen that rumor at all.
    I heard it mentioned on NBA radio that the Spurs were trying to salvage the deal. Maybe that just meant looking for a replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is going to Weatherspoon a downgrade? lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him. Something Mario Elie-esque about him.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    because he is a rookie who hasnt proven in the big leagues. i like him but ST has tendency to overrate young dudes that look solid in the g-league/summer league and then theyre trash on an NBA level. not saying that by any means about Q-Dub, but he definitely is a downgrade to Murray/White/Forbes. Forbes gets on a lot but he's a solid player, averaged over 10+ ppg on 40+ from deep over a season. not every guy can come in and do that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's just making up to fit agenda.

"Easy"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because he is a rookie who hasnt proven in the big leagues. i like him but ST has tendency to overrate young dudes that look solid in the g-league/summer league and then theyre trash on an NBA level. not saying that by any means about Q-Dub, but he definitely is a downgrade to Murray/White/Forbes. Forbes gets on a lot but he's a solid player, averaged over 10+ ppg on 40+ from deep over a season. not every guy can come in and do that.
    I’m referencing Mills. What can mills do that Q can’t? Honest question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m referencing Mills. What can mills do that Q can’t? Honest question.
    Like everything?

Dude, if Patty Mills played a SL game, he'd score 50 points. They wouldn't be able to keep him out of the paint and he'd be drilling threes all over the place. The difference in skill and talent is beyond stunning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a show.
    Nothing new, but this is from Chris Haynes yesterday:

However, the Knicks now have a one-year, roughly $15 million offer on the table for Morris, sources said.

But there is optimism Morris and the Spurs will finalize their contract, sources said.

Word began circulating at Summer League of Morris’ hesitancy when he didn’t show up to take his physical a few days ago.

Morris averaged 13.9 points and 6.1 rebounds last season for the Celtics.

https://sports.yahoo.com/marcus-morris-considering-reneging-on-deal-with-spurs-in-favor-of-knicks-211335219.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Are you optimistic you can still do a deal with Morris?"

"Sure."

Thread Information