Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This thread is exclusively for SpursTalk posters who have been admitted to or obtained a degree from an elite US university, as defined by falling within the top 20 of the US News and World Report National University Rankings.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...l-universities

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Rice is overrated AF and UT Austin is still ranked way too high at #49. A&M should always be ahead of them in any rankings, no matter what.

But agreed with the top 15 or so. Also, at Princeton being ranked #1 over Harvard.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rice is overrated AF and UT Austin is still ranked way too high at #49. A&M should always be ahead of them in any rankings, no matter what.

But agreed with the top 15 or so. Also, at Princeton being ranked #1 over Harvard.
    Where do you think Rice should be ranked? Outside the top 20?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Where do you think Rice should be ranked? Outside the top 20?
    Like 40s and behind A&M

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    stupid thread tbh

but UCLA does sneak in at 19

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    stupid thread tbh

but UCLA does sneak in at 19
    Pretty incredible for a public school that isn't terribly hard to get into if you're a CA resident with good grades.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Pretty incredible for a public school that isn't terribly hard to get into if you're a CA resident with good grades.
    UC is the best public school system in the country and there isn't a close second.

no need for backhanded compliments, btw

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    UC is the best public school system in the country and there isn't a close second.

no need for backhanded compliments, btw
    I'm not saying they aren't. For public schools nearly all of the UC system crack that top 50. But it's not like TX where you have to be top 10% of your class (or an athlete) to get into a decent school

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Lot of the UC schools seems overrated. Wtf is Irvine doing on this list, or Santa whatever. Those are obvious party schools. Also, University of Chicago, really?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm not saying they aren't. For public schools nearly all of the UC system crack that top 50. But it's not like TX where you have to be top 10% of your class (or an athlete) to get into a decent school
    Lot of the UC schools seems overrated. Wtf is Irvine doing on this list, or Santa whatever. Those are obvious party schools. Also, University of Chicago, really?
    you guys cant post in this thread per its own rules, sorry

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Checking in

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think that definition is too restrictive. Any school within the top 25-30 of the US News ranking (particularly schools like Berkeley, Georgetown, and Michigan) can rightly be considered "elite," broadly defined.

That said, still checking in under the original definition

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    UCI is easily top UC school in academics; that is no secret among CA residents. It has a top flight medical program that is among the best in the country. Sometimes, UC Berkeley gets considered better based on undeserved folklore that it's up there. It's sort of like some of the IVY league schools who have realistically fallen but get rated high based on reputation rather than a hard look at reality.

UCSB has the hottest chicks bar none. I would doubt it deserves its ranking for academia if it's up there. I didn't look at the list.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I jacked off once on a chick who went to Harvard, does that count

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I jacked off once on a chick who went to Harvard, does that count
    On the computer screen that displayed such chick? Nope.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL. Riggghhhhttttt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    My school rings in the top 50, not quite top 20 though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Doesn't matter where you went, it only matters where you're going. I encounter guys from these schools daily, many of them aren't going anywhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    UCI is easily top UC school in academics; that is no secret among CA residents. It has a top flight medical program that is among the best in the country. Sometimes, UC Berkeley gets considered better based on undeserved folklore that it's up there. It's sort of like some of the IVY league schools who have realistically fallen but get rated high based on reputation rather than a hard look at reality.

UCSB has the hottest chicks bar none. I would doubt it deserves its ranking for academia if it's up there. I didn't look at the list.
    UCI is quite good, tbh.. but overall its still squarely behind LA and cal. wasn't that long ago that UCSD was even considered a better school, but Irvine is on the rise and SD has been steadily falling in prestige. their law school is fantastic given that its only a few years old. i dont think they're overtaking LA anytime soon. Cal's lack of med school is a general knock on them when doing an overall ranking

SB is a solid school. it does have a big party reputation... but their academics aren't reflective of that.

when i was applying for colleges out of high school, Cal and UCLA were neck and neck, with UCSD still very high tier but clearly a step below the top 2. then irvine/SB were the next tier, followed by davis/riverside/santa cruz. looking at rankings now, SD has fallen quite a bit with irvine essentially replacing them as the clear #3

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Doesn't matter where you went, it only matters where you're going. I encounter guys from these schools daily, many of them aren't going anywhere.
    This tbh. Plenty of people I graduated with that aren’t doing .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This tbh. Plenty of people I graduated with that aren’t doing .
    I do a lot of consulting work in many of these schools in their science and physics departments and a good number of the grad students I encounter couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were on the bottom. Even some of the assoc profs don't impress me. Usually the professors are accomplished though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    "I didn't go to an Ivy League school, but I got plenty of Ivy leaguers working for me!" - Charles Barkley

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    "I didn't go to an Ivy League school, but I got plenty of Ivy leaguers working for me!" - Charles Barkley
    "I didn't go to Mexico (and consider chips and queso my favorite Mexican food), but I got plenty of Mexicans working for me!" - ??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    "I didn't go to Mexico (and consider chips and queso my favorite Mexican food), but I got plenty of Mexicans working for me!" - ??
    I went to Taco Bell, the Ivy League of Mexican cuisine...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Damn, party schools be takin over this nerdfest thread

Thread Information