Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade targets- 1) Winslow 2) Covington

I only prefer Winslow slightly because of Covington's surgery but, we need one of them to contend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Low risk.......High return. Just kicking the tires��. Almost like getting a free draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If guys like Kanter, Kaminsky and Thies only got two-year, $10 million, I can't imagine Lyles got more than that. It's gotta be somewhere between $6-9 million guaranteed, I'd think.
    I hope so. Hopefully we saved enough to entice a bought-out player down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the amount isn't out yet.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    austin daye redux...........will have 1 game where he cant miss then go cold for the rest of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that the amount isn't out yet.
    Nobody cares after the Westbrook trade tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for us weirdos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering SA has been in a bit of panic mode lately with Kawhi trade and now Morris (Pau and Mills deals notwithstanding) I wouldn’t be surprised to see this higher than you expect.

Lyles is a 3-4M player anything more, especially dead money next year is dumb.
    timvp how do you reconcile this FO letting Klutch do this only to turn around and reward them for a low ceiling player? I’ve never been more disappointed in this franchise. It’s a b*tch move.

Again if they hadn’t traded Bertans on Klutchs word? Fine. But they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for us weirdos.
    Guilty as charged tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering SA has been in a bit of panic mode lately with Kawhi trade and now Morris (Pau and Mills deals notwithstanding) I wouldn’t be surprised to see this higher than you expect.

Lyles is a 3-4M player anything more, especially dead money next year is dumb.
    timvp how do you reconcile this FO letting Klutch do this only to turn around and reward them for a low ceiling player? I’ve never been more disappointed in this franchise. It’s a b*tch move.

Again if they hadn’t traded Bertans on Klutchs word? Fine. But they did.

This is totally dissapointing but the spin is real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't anyone getting mad at RC for this? Morris was still undecided. He should've let him decide, rather than deciding for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am an optimist but what the are you basing that on?
    G league highlights and a work out video I saw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2-yrs/$11M. 2nd year is Not guaranteed. Not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/trey-lyles...morris-plan-b/

The Lyles of two years ago put up the same per-possessions stats as Morris did last season.

Lyles couldn't hit a shot last year but the potential is there for him to eventually be better than Morris. Though, obviously, the 2019-20 Spurs take a hit with this news.
    He's much younger and will be working with Chip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch is the fastest growing agency in the league. It'd be pretty damn dumb to refuse to work with them going forward. That's doubly true when the two sides have to talk this summer to see if a Murray extension is possible.

The Spurs held a grudge against Arn Tellem for nearly two decades after Lamond Murray did something similar and that didn't help the franchise. It fact, there were multiple times it hurt the team that Pop refused to talk to Tellem.

Morris' story is he never meant to agree with the Spurs, that it was a miscommunication with Rich Paul. The Spurs could either roll their eyes while accepting their tall tale or attempt a one-team blackball of what will probably soon become the league's biggest agency.

For the sake of pettiness, the Klutch boycott would have some good drama. But if the Spurs wanted to do what's best for the franchise going forward, accepting them at their word and moving on is the smarter move, IMO.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't anyone getting mad at RC for this? Morris was still undecided. He should've let him decide, rather than deciding for him.

You serious Clark?

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch is the fastest growing agency in the league. It'd be pretty damn dumb to refuse to work with them going forward. That's doubly true when the two sides have to talk this summer to see if a Murray extension is possible.

The Spurs held a grudge against Arn Tellem for nearly two decades after Lamond Murray did something similar and that didn't help the franchise. It fact, there were multiple times it hurt the team that Pop refused to talk to Tellem.

Morris' story is he never meant to agree with the Spurs, that it was a miscommunication with Rich Paul. The Spurs could either roll their eyes while accepting their tall tale or attempt a one-team blackball of what will probably soon become the league's biggest agency.

For the sake of pettiness, the Klutch boycott would have some good drama. But if the Spurs wanted to do what's best for the franchise going forward, accepting them at their word and moving on is the smarter move, IMO.

Way too level headed thinking for this forum tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please god, trade that contract with Beli. Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he wasnt coming.that was just sa saving face

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Horsesh*t imo. It’s one thing if it’s just morris. But everyone saw them try to harm NO. They know what they are about. I would absolutely stand my ground and what is SA tangibly getting lately with being the nice guys? Can you name anything

It’s one thing to refuse to ever deal with them. It’s another to turn around and immediately reward them for a low end player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So 5.5 per for our new canadian sharp shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jabari's saying second year is only partially guaranteed. Not a great deal for the Spurs but it's in the ballpark of what was expected. I'd image somewhere between $6-9 million is guaranteed.

Meh, that's okay.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it’s unpopular, but I prefer acquiring a younger player who potentially can help over the next five years than a player who helps us be compe ive in the first round of the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

meh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information