Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't anyone getting mad at RC for this? Morris was still undecided. He should've let him decide, rather than deciding for him.
    Dude you have to learn to let go. Weren't you mad that PATFO didn't force Nephew to stick around too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari's saying second year is only partially guaranteed. Not a great deal for the Spurs but it's in the ballpark of what was expected. I'd image somewhere between $6-9 million is guaranteed.

Meh, that's okay.

I def threw up in my mouth but ill try and be optimistic amidst this storm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even asking for a lot....

Just that come mid-Dec, if they're hanging around the 5-8 seed....see what Forbes/Beli/Lyles/1st rounder gets you. It's gotta bring back a rotational player. Has to.

Literally any other team in the hunt would do that....spare me the wouldn't be fair to the guys, corporate knowledge bull .....

The team has very, very few paths to raise their ceiling this upcoming season. One being Lonnie breaks out and becomes a legit NBA rotation player. Yet, he's probably going to have to head into next season fighting for minutes with Bryn F'n Forbes and Marco Belinelli smh.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even mind the higher salary because most other GMs would find use with it in a trade down the line...Most GMs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey is only for insurance in case someone gets injured

Dejounte/ White/ Quinndary
    Forbes/ Lonnie/ Mills
    DeMar/ Carroll/ Beli/ Johnson
    Aldridge/ Gay/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Poetl/ Eubanks/ Metu

by mid-season...

DeMar/ Lonnie/ Forbes/ Mills
    Carroll/ Beli/ Johnson
    Poetl/ Eubanks/ Metu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful contract

Should have been no more than 2/8 with 0 money in year 2. Major fail and adding any dead money is stupid on heels of Pau, Carroll and now this Klutch idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even mind the higher salary because most other GMs would find use with it in a trade down the line...Most GMs.

We said that with pau tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey is only for insurance in case someone gets injured

Forbes/ Lonnie/ Mills
    DeMar/ Carroll/ Beli/ Johnson
    Poetl/ Eubanks/ Metu

by mid-season...

DeMar/ Lonnie/ Forbes/ Mills
    Carroll/ Beli/ Johnson
    Poetl/ Eubanks/ Metu
    So about 20mil to 3rd stringers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful contract

Should have been no more than 2/8 with 0 money in year 2. Major fail and adding any dead money is stupid on heels of Pau, Carroll and now this Klutch idiot
    spurs doing spur things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We said that with pau tbh
    And Pau had to come to them asking to be bought out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner + Bertans = Lyles, with a little dash of Diaw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awful contract

What money in year 2? The tweet I saw said the 2nd was non guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is much more of a bouncy interior defender who can't defend out on the perimeter very well (you're not going to put him on one of those big wings). Morris can defend both forward spots pretty well but obviously doesn't provide any rim protection.

RPM believes Lyles is the much better defender .... but for what the Spurs need and the teams they need to go through, I'd much rather have Morris ... obviously.
    I'm thinking Lyles will be playing the 4 and not out on the perimeter anyway right? Wasn't Morris going to play the 4 as well? So defending the rim would have mattered. Having Gay or Carroll start in Morris' place will likely be the plan I'm thinking. I understand Morris was likely ready to start. If Rudy keeps playing and shooting like last season I'd like him to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you idiots think these players want to play for free. It is what it is. They're taking their chances on a young dude who may or may not pan out.

They got bit by a dude that got a better deal. It happens. Move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a pathetic showing this off season. Not SA fault they let Klutch punk them but capitulating to Klutch with a stupid contract and player was in their control

Off season grade is back to a C- nothing disastrous but completely stuck in the mud with no real conviction on a direction. They one foot in, one foot outed the off season and instead of really trying to improve they ended up half ass in a panic.

They made their bed with DeRozan deal (their choice) and need to push to win now more convincingly or go the other way. This dedicated to mediocrity thing while embarrassing themselves does no good.

At least they didn’t take on anything past two years other than Carroll’s dead money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horsesh*t imo. It’s one thing if it’s just morris. But everyone saw them try to harm NO. They know what they are about. I would absolutely stand my ground and what is SA tangibly getting lately with being the nice guys? Can you name anything

It’s one thing to refuse to ever deal with them. It’s another to turn around and immediately reward them for a low end player.
    So you wanted the Spurs to not sign the one player left on the market that might be able to fill Morris' role in order to hold a grudge? Okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I just hope Pop and RC don't call it an off-season after this. It looked like their fire was back, the fanbase was excited. It would be such a punch to the gut if this was it. I wouldn't even mind if they did something desperate and gave up too many assets for guys that can actually make a difference (i.e. Iggy, RoCo).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What money in year 2? The tweet I saw said the 2nd was non guaranteed.

It’s partially guaranteed. 5.5M in year one is too much by itself. Any dead money in year two is DUMB

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $11 mil? lmao, we've gone from one of the top fo's to the bottom rung.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I just hope Pop and RC don't call it an off-season after this. It looked like their fire was back, the fanbase was excited. It would be such a punch to the gut if this was it. I wouldn't even mind if they did something desperate and gave up too many assets for guys that can actually make a difference (i.e. Iggy).
    They’re not done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s partially guaranteed. 5.5M in year one is too much by itself. Any dead money in year two is DUMB
    Jabari says the 2nd year is not guaranteed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a pathetic showing this off season. Not SA fault they let Klutch punk them but capitulating to Klutch with a stupid contract and player was in their control

Off season grade is back to a C- nothing disastrous but completely stuck in the mud with no real conviction on a direction. They one foot in, one foot outed the off season and instead of really trying to improve they ended up half ass in a panic.

They made their bed with DeRozan deal (their choice) and need to push to win now more convincingly or go the other way. This dedicated to mediocrity thing while embarrassing themselves does no good.

At least they didn’t take on anything past two years other than Carroll’s dead money

Exactly. No real improvement other then carrol but his third year shouldnt hurt.It all comes down to white/murray/lw4 if this team escapes mediocrity this season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $11 mil? lmao, we've gone from one of the top fo's to the bottom rung.
    2nd yr is either partial or non guaranteed... how is that 11 mil...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs were a nearly unprecedented broken verbal agreement away from an A in your book, right? That's a pretty good showing with some bad luck at the end. Unless you think Klutch was out to get the Spurs from the beginning of the summer ... which is farfetched, to say the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, go for Bullock. Just to stir up at least. Man the up for once.

Thread Information