Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they would've signed Lyles earlier if the Knicks hadn't gone with Bullock first. Big deal.
    they wouldn't have signed lyles if they still had bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It happens to every great tbh....the only one that's managed to avoid extinction is Jerry West and he's been able to do it by staying within California...being able to do it so long, in frankly a non-sexy military city in the middle of Texas, is really, really amazing....no doubt about that....

But it happened to Sloan, happened to Riley, happened to Phil, and now it's happening to Pop/RC...no shame in it tbh.....

It's a land of wolves now, and they're not wolves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man DPG21920. It's like when Sting joined NWO, come on over brotha

Damn near broke me with this Klutch garbage. Im not mad at SA for Morris; it’s just terrible business and hate seeing them get rewarded. SA is willing to burn every bridge with LA (whom Klutch controls) but not over Lyles ?

But I am happy they didn’t royally screw up their future timeline and was thrilled with Morris/Carroll. Now? They need to do some more work to give this team a reasonable shot at doing something in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, just a couple days ago when Mo posted the Belli trade rumor we were fantasizing about guys like RoCo to add to Carroll and Morris. Today we're having discussions about whether Trey ing Lyles is a good signing. What an awful turn of events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    youre wrong but ok.

You think Carroll + Lyles - Bertans = a tangible improvement? Like, move the needle in a meaningful way improvement? I’m not saying they ruined the team and I usually get called out for defending Pop/RC too much but even I can’t say this team has “improved”.

And for the 100th time when I say improved I mean adding to what was already on the team; yes I think the team will be better than last year because Murray/White/Lonnie. But that was already there and SA had a chance to really add to the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Lyles still has so much potential if he can put it all together. He’s a huge mismatch on the court. His vision is solid too. Let’s see what a year in the system with Pop and company does to him. Low risk really high reward.

With that being said.... I really hope PATFO is still working on possible trade scenarios for guys like Iggy, RoCo, Marvin Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG is like 5"5 though, more like the LWO tbh
    DPG Mysterio Jr tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn what ty news and why sign this scrub just go into the season and maybe a decent player gets dumped. We got another ing Erorrs on this team ................
    He at least rebounds better than errors/has better hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, just a couple days ago when Mo posted the Belli trade rumor we were fantasizing about guys like RoCo to add to Carroll and Morris. Today we're having discussions about whether Trey ing Lyles is a good signing. What an awful turn of events.

, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG is like 5"5 though, more like the LWO tbh
    You’re Bieber and I am Tom Cruise and you don’t want that smoke, catch these hands, etc.. per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott? Davis Bertans? Keith Bogans? Cause no matter what Lyles does, no one here except you will miss Kyle.
    He’s been mentioned around. I mostly have moved on but hoping Lyles doesn’t make me regress tbh. I wasn’t even a Bertans fan and he’s better too.

As I said, maybe he can shoot better than last season at least. Or he might go the way of Joffrey Lauvergne

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I'll give them credit for the Morris attempt, outside the box....but when that went south, you don't go and sign Lyles.

It's like Rich Paul sold them a fake Michael Jordan jersey. As soon as they found out, they went ahead and paid double for a fake Tom Gugliotta jersey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Cunningham back than
    that's not a thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I would have rather had Singleton tbh....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It happens to every great tbh....the only one that's managed to avoid extinction is Jerry West and he's been able to do it by staying within California...being able to do it so long, in frankly a non-sexy military city in the middle of Texas, is really, really amazing....no doubt about that....

But it happened to Sloan, happened to Riley, happened to Phil, and now it's happening to Pop/RC...no shame in it tbh.....

It's a land of wolves now, and they're not wolves.
    They're jackrabbits

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather have Cunningham back than Lyles. Especially if it's for the minimum vs the MLE (whole or partial).
    God that’s just, no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I'll give them credit for the Morris attempt, outside the box....but when that went south, you don't go and sign Lyles.

It's like Rich Paul sold them a fake Michael Jordan jersey. As soon as they found out, they went ahead and paid double for a fake Tom Gugliotta jersey
    yeah its pretty embarrassing to go right back to the klutch well and get their sloppy seconds...

im tellin you, they're just tryin to keep a good relationship for IB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much meltdown. Weirdos.

This isn't a c off-season. The Spurs are grades on a curve. They traded a limited role player with a veteran semi starter and lost our on a versatile forward. For a small market team to be any good contracts is above a passing grade.

Lyle's not an overpay if it's dead money, meaning doesn't affect cap this year. We lost some synergy depth with Morris decomitting and had to settle for low upside depth. Not a big loss.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Lyles still has so much potential if he can put it all together. He’s a huge mismatch on the court. His vision is solid too. Let’s see what a year in the system with Pop and company does to him. Low risk really high reward.

With that being said.... I really hope PATFO is still working on possible trade scenarios for guys like Iggy, RoCo, Marvin Williams
    Sir, please stop speaking sensible; a lot of these dudes just want to .

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans wasn’t going to be on the team next year. This isn’t hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God that’s just, no.
    Might be a bit extreme, but Lyles is bad news imo. Headcase like the Morris twins with nowhere near the basketball ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah its pretty embarrassing to go right back to the klutch well and get their sloppy seconds...

im tellin you, they're just tryin to keep a good relationship for IB
    There's clutch, and there's also a player. You pay for the player not klutch. Your can take it klutch all your want in the next cba contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im surprised that Murray, especially now that it’s come out that “it was Rich Paul’s fault”, does not change reps.

He’s been all Spurs all the way and it can’t sit well with them that his own agency screwed his team out of improving in a major way by both making SA trade Bertans and not having Morris honor his agreement.

I think it would have to be hard to just sit back and say “this is all good”

Thread Information