Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a playoff team, IMO, but it has nothing to do with Lyles. Replacing Cunningham and Pondexter with Carroll and Lyles is fine, but doesn’t move the needle too much. This signing doesn’t hurt SA other than bending the knee to Klutch (IMO), but this team was and is a playoff team due to adding Murray/Lonnie/White improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does seem to like practices.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...practices.html

Quin Snyder used to coach Austin. He's a Spurs product.

I suspect he's like Kyle Anderson but with more speed and athleticism. He probably can do everything, but not one elite skill. At least Bertans had one elite skill (i.e. shoot the 3).
    Not like Anderson. Anderson was a good defender, and a combo forward who even in Memphis was assigned to defend wings. Lyles is strictly a PF.

Frankly reminds me of Joffrey Lauvergne, but I hope he’s better than JoLo, bc he wasn’t an NBA player after all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this. Can't blame RC though, Morris ed him over. I don't expect Lyles to be better than Cunningham
    Cunningham actually shot the 3 pretty well last season. He just couldn't guard anyone! Well, maybe Lyles length can guard someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he can guard Denver’s ogre for 10 minutes a playoff game. Should have guarded him a ton in practice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta admit, I'm not in love with this signing. $5.5 this year and a partial next year is enough that the Spurs could go looking at the Euro market. Milutinov isn't neccesarily the fit we want, but I'm not to sure that Lyles is a better bet than say Chris Singleton, Nicolo Melli or Shengelia. IF we widen the position considered a bit more, Will Clyburn would be another option (and there's somebody else, a center with a 3 pt shot, who can play down at the 4, but I just can't pull his name to mind...).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get this feeling that the Spurs is the last stop for free-agents to jump start their career.

Cunningham and Pondexter don't appear to be getting a contract by anyone.
    David Lee, Lauverne, Brandon Paul, Pau Gasol all haven't signed anywhere after their Spurs stint.

It's different if the Spurs find a player from elsewhere:

Boban, Jamychal Green, Simmons, Tolliver, Arcidiacono

In short, if you don't play well with the Spurs, you won't play well anywhere else!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get this feeling that the Spurs is the last stop for free-agents to jump start their career.

Cunningham and Pondexter don't appear to be getting a contract by anyone.
    David Lee, Lauverne, Brandon Paul, Pau Gasol all haven't signed anywhere after their Spurs stint.

It's different if the Spurs find a player from elsewhere:

Boban, Jamychal Green, Simmons, Tolliver, Arcidiacono

In short, if you don't play well with the Spurs, you won't play well anywhere else!!
    Not sure the distinction you're making. They've found a good number of players off the ash heap and revived their careers -- Danny Green is the prime recent example. But they do have to go bargain hunting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure the distinction you're making. They've found a good number of players off the ash heap and revived their careers -- Danny Green is the prime recent example. But they do have to go bargain hunting.
    I'm saying that if you go to the Spurs and don't play well, then other teams don't sign you. Meaning, the league expectations is that you have to be pretty bad if you can't contribute while playing in the Spurs system.

I mean even Boris Diaw (who should have won finals MVP in 2014) was sent to Utah, but was never re-signed after his original contract expired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Daye type? Hope not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope your are 100 % correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Trey as a man who guarded Kobe on last possesion un his final game and let him score a game winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a playoff team, IMO, but it has nothing to do with Lyles. Replacing Cunningham and Pondexter with Carroll and Lyles is fine, but doesn’t move the needle too much. This signing doesn’t hurt SA other than bending the knee to Klutch (IMO), but this team was and is a playoff team due to adding Murray/Lonnie/White improvement.
    1. Clippers
    2. Nuggets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Rockettes
    6. Jazz
    7. Warriors
    8/9. Spurs/Kings
    10/11/12. TPups/Mavs/Thunders

tbh we will be fighting all year to barely make it, if the talent at the top holds up. It will be a dogfight like the West hasn't seen in 10 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Clippers
    2. Nuggets
    3. Lakers
    4. Blazers
    5. Rockettes
    6. Jazz
    7. Warriors
    8/9. Spurs/Kings
    10/11/12. TPups/Mavs/Thunders

tbh we will be fighting all year to barely make it, if the talent at the top holds up. It will be a dogfight like the West hasn't seen in 10 years

Hopefully murray/white/walker take a leap and we can finally get out the 7/8th hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle anderson 2.0. just my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey lyles will always be remembered for this game.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=y64OsZNYhp0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/2016/8/25/...n-b3edb76c6ad9:

"Trey Lyles should be a household name. He was one of the best prospects in his high school class, taken in the lottery after only one season in college. Lyles is an archetypal modern power forward, with the size (6-foot-10, 234 pounds, with a 7-foot-2 wingspan) of a traditional big man and the offensive game of a perimeter player. His only real fault in college was being a part of a Kentucky recruiting class that included one of the best prospects of his generation in Karl-Anthony Towns, a player who occupied Lyles’s natural position at the 4 in their lone year in Lexington. It’s hard to stand out in college when the no. 1 overall pick is forcing you to play out of position and off the ball."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope his 'worst' season is behind him - can't get a shot in, can't pass, poor def. Imagine him being worse in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/2016/8/25/...n-b3edb76c6ad9:

"Trey Lyles should be a household name. He was one of the best prospects in his high school class, taken in the lottery after only one season in college. Lyles is an archetypal modern power forward, with the size (6-foot-10, 234 pounds, with a 7-foot-2 wingspan) of a traditional big man and the offensive game of a perimeter player. His only real fault in college was being a part of a Kentucky recruiting class that included one of the best prospects of his generation in Karl-Anthony Towns, a player who occupied Lyles’s natural position at the 4 in their lone year in Lexington. It’s hard to stand out in college when the no. 1 overall pick is forcing you to play out of position and off the ball."
    It's funny because KAT is another wildly overrated prospect who is also actively getting worse as he ages in the pros.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 07-13-2019 at 01:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with all the hate for Kentucky players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can blame for the Carroll salary+ years increase and the Samanic reach. Brandon Clarke will haunt us for years to come, he was one of the surest picks in the draft and would’ve filled this problem we have with the PF position from day 1
    Only a stupid with a agenda on here would blame RC for Morris reneging on a contract and forcing the Spurs to scramble for a replacement.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thoughts
    1. Based off last year’s stats, this guy sucks
    2. Scouting reports from college don’t do him any favors either
    3. He’s been in two different situations with only one decent season
    4. Doesn’t seem like a hard worker
    5. Doesn’t look like he hits he gym regularly
    6. Alarming his game, at best, reminds us of Diaw, with way less passing skill
    7. Draftniks have been giving him the benefit of time for quite some time now

all signs point to him being a dud lmao. What makes this more unnerving is the fact JaMychal signed with the Clips AFTER it was reported Morris was headed to SA. Green would’ve been a solid signing and I would’ve preferred him over Lyles.
    Last edited by FireMicoHalili; 07-13-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a stupid with a agenda on here would blame RC for Morris reneging on a contract and forcing the Spurs to scramble for a replacement.
    Did you read the post you quoted you toothless cac? Morris wasn’t mentioned once. You love getting nutted on by me don’t you got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And for those interested - his social media links:

https://www.instagram.com/treylyles/

https://twitter.com/TreyLyles
    Last edited by ace3g; 07-13-2019 at 02:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And for those interested - his social media links:

https://www.instagram.com/treylyles/

https://twitter.com/TreyLyles
    This dude already put 'apart' instead of 'a part.' Dudes already gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other spurs have worn no. 41?

Thread Information