My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I actually saw him shoot the ball.
    KA too, in Summer League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got Lyles and lost Bertans. Let's just think of Caroll as a Cunningham replacement.

Compared to Bertans, I think he's a better overall basketball player. I would like to have kept Bertans, but Morris screwed that all up.
    I pretty much agree. For me it kinda boils down to usage. Under Pop Davis’ usage was totally unpredictable, and then he got benched in the playoffs. I think Trey has the potential to become a more regular rotational piece. Whether he lives up to it remains to be seen. But it seems to me that in Pop’s mind Davis wasn’t going to.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles has been invited to the Canadian FIBA World Cup training camp (and Cory Joseph).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles has been invited to the Canadian FIBA World Cup training camp (and Cory Joseph).
    Well, you can only give Drake so many minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pretty much agree. For me it kinda boils down to usage. Under Pop Davis’ usage was totally unpredictable, and then he got benched in the playoffs. I think Trey has the potential to become a more regular rotational piece. Whether he lives up to it remains to be seen. But it seems to me that in Pop’s mind Davis wasn’t going to.
    To be fair about Bertans, he was supposed to be traded for Morris. So it's not exactly a reflection of his lack of production in the playoffs. Against the Nuggets, he couldn't contain the guys like Plumlee or Milsap. Also, Pop wouldn't play him at the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while Bertans is the better shooter, Lyles is younger, cheaper and has a more diverse skillset. Wouldn't be a surprise if he performs better than Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair about Bertans, he was supposed to be traded for Morris. So it's not exactly a reflection of his lack of production in the playoffs. Against the Nuggets, he couldn't contain the guys like Plumlee or Milsap. Also, Pop wouldn't play him at the 3.
    I wasn’t even thinking about the trade angle. It just seemed to me that Pop’s use of Davis indicated that he didn’t really envision Davis as much of a contributor going forward. I don’t think Pop ever regarded him highly enough to really find his niche and develop him in it. I think a shooter like Davis needed more continuity, and Pop would not commit regular rotation usage to him. Defensively he was a 3/4 tweener, and he never developed the consistent toughness to be good enough on the boards to gain regular minutes. In another system perhaps his shooting skill will overshadow his defensive/rebounding issues and he will get more regular use. Maybe he even gets more minutes at the 3. But none of that was going to happen under Pop, so I don’t mind gambling on a player like Lyles who might fit better. I wish Davis well, and I hope that Lyles outshines him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn’t even thinking about the trade angle. It just seemed to me that Pop’s use of Davis indicated that he didn’t really envision Davis as much of a contributor going forward. I don’t think Pop ever regarded him highly enough to really find his niche and develop him in it. I think a shooter like Davis needed more continuity, and Pop would not commit regular rotation usage to him. Defensively he was a 3/4 tweener, and he never developed the consistent toughness to be good enough on the boards to gain regular minutes. In another system perhaps his shooting skill will overshadow his defensive/rebounding issues and he will get more regular use. Maybe he even gets more minutes at the 3. But none of that was going to happen under Pop, so I don’t mind gambling on a player like Lyles who might fit better. I wish Davis well, and I hope that Lyles outshines him.
    Well, at least Spurs got more size with Lyles. Samanic isn't going to play much, but could be as good as Bertans come middle of the season. Meaning, a guy who just camps at the 3 point line and stretches the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both him and Rudy Gay got destroyed by Milsap it was sad to watch them get abused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles, Devin Booker, Ben Simmons... Imagine playing with some of the laziest players in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No bertans is addition by subtraction tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has nice shooting form, but he seems to be hanging behind the 3 too much. Definitely a stretch 4. We need his height though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has nice shooting form, but he seems to be hanging behind the 3 too much. Definitely a stretch 4. We need his height though
    We had a stretch 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve watched a lot of the open runs from this group to check out Lyles and it just seems like he has no killer instinct of compe ive fire. Yes I know it’s pickup but you can see that quality from Booker and Simmons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a big fan of Trey Lyles. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to Lyles and Poeltl playing together early in the season. I could see some Horns sets leading to Lyles-Poeltl pick-and-roll action, which could be very dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is better on post plays, can create his own perimeter shot, a better rebounder. I am sure Bertans would dominate him in 3-point shooting contest. I've always had so high expectations about Bertans but he always looked too tense and "wooden" in everything but spot up 3-pointers and drive&kicks. Too bad. Morris.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve watched a lot of the open runs from this group to check out Lyles and it just seems like he has no killer instinct of compe ive fire. Yes I know it’s pickup but you can see that quality from Booker and Simmons.
    I agree, he looks like one of the most apathetic on the floor in this video. He won't play with Pop if he doesn't show any interest no matter how good he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man ace3g u can do better i went to his Twitter/ig n he has nice training photos n vids...not this apathetic im taking a crap position pic
    Last edited by ismael-robert; 09-27-2019 at 04:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot this bum was on the team. He starting or what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man ace3g u can do better i went to his Twitter/ig n he has nice training photos n vids...not this apathetic im taking a crap position pic
    But that's what is most indicative of his game, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still hurts

Bye Davis, come back soon

Thread Information