Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is like the young Kawhi situation all over again. Kawhi would take tons of contact going thru the lane and the refs would mute their whistles. It took a combination of Pop being vocal towards the refs (resulting in Techs) and Kawhi mouthing at them consistently to start getting calls before he hit Superstar status.

I think we would much prefer the refs to start calling it fairly for Keldon in the paint now. Rather than waiting for 2 to 3 years of this until the refs/league realize Keldon is prime time.

Get after it Pop. Unless you’d rather see your player complain to the refs constantly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets the rookie treatment from the refs cause they don't know him yet. Gonna take a while til they give him those calls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon attacks the basket more convincingly than Kawhi ever did. He looks like he definitely deserves those fouls. He'll average 20+ in his prime easily.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets the rookie treatment from the refs cause they don't know him yet. Gonna take a while til they give him those calls
    My point is this can be expedited by Pop ripping into the officials and generating exposure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, it seems. Sad we don't have any national TV games so the media can't make up a story piece on him (like they did with Fathead ). Maybe next year people will know his name.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have known him if Pop actually played him in his rookie season. Until the bubble, he was a G-League regular.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I pointed that out in the game thread. The refs robbed him of at least 8 free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might have known him if Pop actually played him in his rookie season. Until the bubble, he was a G-League regular.
    I'm going to give PATFO the benefit of the doubt and assume he needed that year. Austin runs the same sets as the big club, so it was time to learn where he needed to be on the floor/the plays. He was only 20 last year, so also, it gave him time to train his jumper. Remember, certain guys (#MeTu) never even learned that . Even tonight, certain guys (Lyles) showed they didn't know where to be and what to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, keldon looks to jump into guys and bowl them over... more than kawhi ever did. he's gonna get a lot of offensive foul calls imo.

i mean harden looks for contact too but keldon wants to shoulder them to the ground, seemingly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh, keldon looks to jump into guys and bowl them over... more than kawhi ever did. he's gonna get a lot of offensive foul calls imo.

i mean harden looks for contact too but keldon wants to shoulder them to the ground, seemingly
    Yet he got called for 0 tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that works really well in today's NBA tbh. You seen Harrell play? Or Zion? PJ Tucker, etc etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its to early to say how good Keldon is going to be but man I am excited

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is this can be expedited by Pop ripping into the officials and generating exposure
    and my point is that that ain't exactly right. Pop was already working the refs during the game yesterday. What I'm saying is the refs need to know that Keldon Johnson is a player who takes it to the rim strong all the time and once they do, they will call those fouls. Pop can try to work them, but that will not get Keldon consistent foul calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, it seems. Sad we don't have any national TV games so the media can't make up a story piece on him (like they did with Fathead ). Maybe next year people will know his name.
    This. Spurs lack of national TV exposures would hurt Keldon. But on the flip side, he has time to even improve without getting scouted much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keldon only uses shoulder at the top when opponents jump to challenge his shots, That will never be an offensive foul.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Spurs lack of national TV exposures would hurt Keldon. But on the flip side, he has time to even improve without getting scouted much.
    I’m sure NBA scouts lack access to tape of local TV broadcasts

And I’m also sure that refs watch only national TV games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its to early to say how good Keldon is going to be but man I am excited

With his aggressiveness, he will be a star. Once he starts getting those calls, he will be unstoppable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

exposure and popularity make a huge difference in the NBA. Put Draymond Green in Charlotte and he doesnt sniff an all star team or get to man handle dudes on defense like he did between 2015-2019.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump. PATFO gonna need to hire a personal masseuse for all the hammering Keldon takes in the paint

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exposure and popularity make a huge difference in the NBA. Put Draymond Green in Charlotte and he doesnt sniff an all star team or get to man handle dudes on defense like he did between 2015-2019.
    Draymond is playing in China if he gets drafted by the Hornets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know how this guy drives so hard but never gets fouled when there is contact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know how this guy drives so hard but never gets fouled when there is contact
    rookie treatment, just ask Ben Simmons

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rookie treatment, just ask Ben Simmons
    Except this is Keldon’s 2nd year. Everybody is going to thump Keldon in the paint knowing they won’t get foul calls.

Thats what I would do if I was an opposing coach. Tell the guys to Hammer/bang against Keldon every time in the paint. Refs have their whistles muted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you go as hard as Keldon does to the rim, refs usually don’t call fouls. It’s dumb af

Thread Information