Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all remember 08 to 11? That's worse. Watching your Hall of Fame players on a treadmill path to retirement. But with good drafting, s lucky trade, we made it back. Whatching DeRozan and lsmacus waste away gives me no such feeling. It's seat warming until we find out if the young kids can be Hof quality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta disagree. Most franchises go through big time losing years after three legends retire. The Spurs are still making the playoffs, and the drafting has been absolutely brilliant: D White, D Murray, L Walker, Samanic, and and K Johnson all look to be pretty high quality picks. The Celts, 76ers, and others famously tanked for years and are barely (if at all) ahead of the Spurs right now. I like the Spurs better than Houston now and they have two MVPs!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all remember 08 to 11? That's worse. Watching your Hall of Fame players on a treadmill path to retirement. But with good drafting, s lucky trade, we made it back. Whatching DeRozan and lsmacus waste away gives me no such feeling. It's seat warming until we find out if the young kids can be Hof quality
    Thank you I've mentioned this s many times!!!!!!! 08-11 was the worst Spurs basketball I've seen since I've a fan starting in 94. They won 50 games but those teams sucked in the playoffs and were just hard to watch and they had the big 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud!

I'm a proud Spurs fan. And I'm proud of the fact that I'm completely spoiled by the perfect storm of quite a few things going right.

Tim Duncan was the best power forward in NBA history. I'll consider a discussion that mentions Karl Malone or Kevin McHale (or a few other short list of players) but other than that, I'm lucky to have lived in a time period when he played.

On top of that, the best HC from the late 90s to about mid 2010s has been Popovich. HE is the reason why teams rest superstar players regularly. HIS INFLUENCE on other people/coaches are the reason why there is much more parity in coaching - his tree is widespread and successful. Finally, PATFO has been the epitome of how small markets can sustain continued success. Some of it was luck (drafting some players who were very underrated) but most of it was elite coaching and elite player development. David Robinson, Tony Parker, Manu, Sean Elliot, Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Danny Green, Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, Patty Mills (in the finals) and to some degree even guys like Steven Jackson are names we know about because of success on the Spurs.

OP is whining about the inevitable. Spurs will never be the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks. San Antonio is about 1/50th of the market when you factor in endorsements, etc. Only certain FAs will come here and tolerate the Pop and the culture. , we've seen the youth of today spurn this franchise - some of which are who they are today BECAUSE OF the franchise. It is what it is.

My question is - are you a fair weather Spurs fan? If the Spurs don't win another le for 30+ years, do you still watch/cheer/hope/pray/be a fan? If so, I'll be right there with you. If not, deuces. Don't whine. Don't complain. Don't post and certainly do watch or cheer. I can't stand fair weather es...
    Last edited by Tyrone Jenkins; 07-12-2019 at 01:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that has been brutal since the big 3 retired is all the drama and injuries the Spurs have had to endure the last few years. The drama with the #2 saga the last 2 years was tiring along with bs drama with Klutch/Morris. That's the thing that irritates me the most is how the Spurs have had to suffer reality TV bull the last few years.
    Great post. Agreed 100 percent! I'll be a Spurs fan till I die. We don't have to buy or steal players-- we make players. Look at the Lakers. They bought "the best NBA player on the planet since MJ" and they still missed the playoffs for the 6th year in a row. Even if we were ever to go through something like that (hopefully not, lol) ... PLEASE just take your Jerry Springer bull elsewhere and stay the away from my team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread. Fans of a team with 5 championship wins and which has made the playoffs 22 seasons in a row and 42 out of 46 seasons talking about how "brutal" it is to be a fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since they've been in SA. That's 4 out of 46 seasons. And Spurs fan wants a pity party.
    Sums up perfectly what 80% of this forum is now.

, we're old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just came out of a dynasty. You can’t expect an immediate return to another, especially given what happened with Kawhi. It just takes time. I still believe we have the best front office in the game. And if we get back to the promise land solely through the draft and development, it will make it all the more sweeter. Other teams can seemingly only compete through snagging up free agents. I like our program much better for doing it the right way. Patience. All it takes is a couple of our young guys to blossom and we are there. It’s still fun to watch tbh. The big market teams are a dumpster fire, and they will crumble. A star can only prop them up for so long until their shaky organizational foundation fails them.
    This. The Spurs, at least, recognize what they are and focus on what they do well. The majority of NBA franchises(large market or not) shoot for the moon, miss terribly, and then don't have any other plan in place and are forced to scramble. Even the ones that do hit the target tend to rest on their laurels more often than not, content that merely landing the star is enough. You could argue even the Spurs weren't immune to this during some of the Duncan years, but that they realized it, adjusted, and contended late in his career is pretty impressive in and of itself.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a gangbang with adriana chechik is brutal, the spurs situation is ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums up perfectly what 80% of this forum is now.

, we're old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's amazing is the same people who are emo now were miserable during the golden years. Calling the Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard Spurs gutless worms, etc, etc

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The Tim, Manu and Tony era was something special. Spurs can build a contender again but that era with those players will always be a special era in Spurs basketball. Getting Leonard was a plus and minus, it helped the Spurs with their aging trio in basketball years win another ring and than he wanted out when they all retired. Be grateful the Spurs won in 2014 as that was something special to behold.

Spurs are now going through the ups and downs of trying to build another contender. If that playoff streak ends next season or in the next few seasons than so be it that was a steak started by Tim, Manu, Tony and Drob with Pop. If it ends fine they are no longer there except Pop. Pop will try his hardest to keep it going but it's not fair to put all that on Pop as the streak really belongs to the players a coach can only do so much, the players decide the games, seasons, etc.

I hope the Spurs have a good upcoming season and shock the basketball world. Go Spurs Go.
    Last edited by Chillen; 07-12-2019 at 03:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's amazing is the same people who are emo now were miserable during the golden years. Calling the Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard Spurs gutless worms, etc, etc
    I saw a few posts today where they were still ing about them (the Big 3). And they're RETIRED..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the Phoenix Suns if you want to see brutal. Heck, look at the Lakers the last six seasons. That's brutal.

"Challenging" is probably a more appropriate description, but I'd say the Spurs have persevered better than most teams would have. Look, we just saw the Oklahoma City Thunder get blown up in a two week span due to nephew...the Spurs have weathered the storm far better than folks give them credit for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've concluded it's compensating for a miserable existence. Folks project their own misery on whatever team they're supposedly a fan of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ready for Lonnie Walker to make his ascension tbh. And one of Murray/White to become the next great defender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heck, look at the Lakers the last six seasons. That's brutal.
    And yet every one of their games was on national TV, so we could watch them implode in front of everyone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing Kawhi was brutal and a major setback to the franchise tbh but things are starting to look up with the future core of White , Murray, and Walker... hopefully one of them breaks out into a star...spurs also seem to be getting their cap situation in order for 2021 free agency ( hopefully having 2 max slots available to add to their young core . They may not be contenders this season but I’m excited to watch this team grow and develop...it’s the perfect blend of youth and veterans .. great mix of ( re-building and competing at the same time )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol thread tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The 80s were worse so we're good with 1st round exits and being a treadmill team"
    "Drink Drain-O, I know the janitor at the AT&T Center"
    "You ungrateful s should be lucky to have Bryn Forbes on the team"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching patty mills in the playoffs was brutal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    loved seeing that thread get bumped after falling behind 6-2 in the opening minute of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've concluded it's compensating for a miserable existence. Folks project their own misery on whatever team they're supposedly a fan of.
    Basically.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a gangbang with adriana chechik is brutal, the spurs situation is ok.
    link?

Thread Information