Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Manu, Tim and Tony left things have been brutal. It doesn’t even feel like I’m watching the Spurs anymore. And I thought things were bad when we had Kyle 13 minute mile Anderson. It’s been frustrating watching the Rockets land Westbrook ( even though some people here for some reason I don’t understand didn’t want him), the Lakers landed Davis, the Clippers landed the best player in the league ( who ESPN all of a sudden acknowledged when he left SA), the nets landed KD and can I go go on and on. And who did we get ? Some random dude Lyles? Another year of LA shooting fade away jumpers and DR scoring 19 points per game seems inevitable. You know things are bad when people were excited with a potential Morris signing. Will things change soon? The only two Spurs that somewhat remind me of the old guard are Mills and Beli, everyone else does not seem to have what the championship teams had. Expecting the classic ” thread” or “he only has x number of posts what can you expect” trash talk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just have to move on and not dwell on the past.

Spurs are elite in their player development. That's what I follow. White definitely a plus.

Walker looks ready to go.

Samanic and Johnson look like they have the talent to take it next level.

Surprised to see Forbes beat expectations.

Too bad we lost Bertans.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big markets are hurting compe ive basketball even more so than ever before. Unfortunately small markets, in the long run, wont stand a chance unless something changes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brutal would be the Kings, knicks, suns, and bulls. Spurs fans need to get a firmer grip on reality and stop being so ing whinny because we didn’t get Marcus Morris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RELAX Bro!!!!

look at it this way

NBA IS WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Houston will imploded w/Westbrick
    KD in Booklyn is a BIG question Mark......KD has ALOT of Miles on him....he wont be back the same
    LA Fakers Lebron is on his last legs.....the HIV Fakers will start losing and he will be in
    GS ha ha No one is scared of them anymore that sucker Thompson...it will take him a whole season to recover (they are Spurs 2010)
    Clippers only have 2 stars...KL is doing it for the money they wont win a championship....a injury will this
    team

Spurs will be up there and under the radar ......just watch

Since Manu, Tim and Tony left things have been brutal. It doesn’t even feel like I’m watching the Spurs anymore. And I thought things were bad when we had Kyle 13 minute mile Anderson. It’s been frustrating watching the Rockets land Westbrook ( even though some people here for some reason I don’t understand didn’t want him), the Lakers landed Davis, the Clippers landed the best player in the league ( who ESPN all of a sudden acknowledged when he left SA), the nets landed KD and can I go go on and on. And who did we get ? Some random dude Lyles? Another year of LA shooting fade away jumpers and DR scoring 19 points per game seems inevitable. You know things are bad when people were excited with a potential Morris signing. Will things change soon? The only two Spurs that somewhat remind me of the old guard are Mills and Beli, everyone else does not seem to have what the championship teams had. Expecting the classic ” thread” or “he only has x number of posts what can you expect” trash talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look at the contract he got in NY fat contracts make you fat and lazy

Brutal would be the Kings, knicks, suns, and bulls. Spurs fans need to get a firmer grip on reality and stop being so ing whinny because we didn’t get Marcus Morris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are fans of other franchises that would be very happy with 2 consecutive playoff years, let alone 22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Duncan years were the best a fanbase can get. Now is normal. But it's a great normal -- the team is compe ive with three bright young guards to be excited about. Nothing can compare to Tim Duncan, but be glad we had him. Nothing ever lasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs made it worse by giving away Latino award contracts to the likes of washed up Evita.

We would be in a better situation without such ups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Manu, Tim and Tony left things have been brutal.
    The lack of perspective is stunning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the last 3 offseasons have been horrible. We're probably another 7th/8th seed with a first round out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just came out of a dynasty. You can’t expect an immediate return to another, especially given what happened with Kawhi. It just takes time. I still believe we have the best front office in the game. And if we get back to the promise land solely through the draft and development, it will make it all the more sweeter. Other teams can seemingly only compete through snagging up free agents. I like our program much better for doing it the right way. Patience. All it takes is a couple of our young guys to blossom and we are there. It’s still fun to watch tbh. The big market teams are a dumpster fire, and they will crumble. A star can only prop them up for so long until their shaky organizational foundation fails them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the last 3 offseasons have been horrible. We're probably another 7th/8th seed with a first round out
    Yeah, having three potential young guard stars really sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Duncan years were the best a fanbase can get. Now is normal. But it's a great normal -- the team is compe ive with three bright young guards to be excited about. Nothing can compare to Tim Duncan, but be glad we had him. Nothing ever lasts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key word there is potential which means that they currently aren’t and there’s a chance they may not ever be. We’ll know a lot more after this season. Either way these young guards won’t be franchise saving good. Interesting to watch and entertaining but spurs need to make some other moves to add around them if they want to get out of the 7-8 seed annual cycle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    having those 3 has nothing to do with the moves in the offseason. I don't factor in the draft and Murray was on the team before that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I don't give a about other teams power duos. We have plenty of young guys who will be great in next years.

But when I read that a stupid asshole like Morris doesn't want to play for us because money/new york bigger city-market...Please just me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Raptors not show that given a good enough team, you can luck out and win the championship?

At the start of last season, would anyone have believed that the GSW would actually lose?

Now at least there's parity in the league. With a bit of luck, the Spurs could squeak it's way to the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key word there is potential which means that they currently aren’t and there’s a chance they may not ever be. We’ll know a lot more after this season. Either way these young guards won’t be franchise saving good. Interesting to watch and entertaining but spurs need to make some other moves to add around them if they want to get out of the 7-8 seed annual cycle
    A load of franchises would love to have our problems.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The downward turn started with signing Pau when Timmy retired and his humongous deal, doubled down on Patty “the culture”. Went downhill from there.

The draft is their saving grace. I do look forward to watching the development of their picks since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people connect that overpaying Pau helps get people like Carroll? Agents know that San Antonio will low ball young players and overpay old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brutal is being like the knicks, magic, suns, fakers, etc etc. we have 3 hall of famers retire and continue to make the playoffs. Most if not all franchises are in dark times of that happened to them. Just shows how well run this organization is. Sure there’s some negative that’s happened lately but compared to the rest of the league, it’s not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are still “the good old days.” Come 2030 or so, we’ll look fondly on these shoulder years, the last few before Pop retired, before the team became a rudderless, lottery-bound mess under the feckless leadership of Peter Holt’s unqualified millennial kids, who would rather be running art galleries or playing Xbox with kids or whatever than running a business empire.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no, brutal was after Ice left.

Thread Information