Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make an NBA roster, you need ONE very strong NBA skill, and Bryn has ALWAYS been a deadeye shooter, from day one. That’s what got him a camp invite, that buttery smooth, wet jumper. Metu lacks a goto skill.
    Exactly. Perfectly said and the example I was thinking too. Metu does nothing great and everything average to below average.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make an NBA roster, you need ONE very strong NBA skill, and Bryn has ALWAYS been a deadeye shooter, from day one. Thatís what got him a camp invite, that buttery smooth, wet jumper. Metu lacks a goto skill.
    I agree, Metu's hold on an NBA spot is even more tenuous than Forbes's was. I just thought that Forbes didn't belong on an NBA court at the time even with his one A+ skill because everything else was so bad. Props to him for making improvements, and Metu's road is even tougher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is a trade chip now.
    Useless trade chip.. he has zero value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is doo doo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is Metu is already 22 and it looks like none of his skills translate to the NBA. Hope he proves me wrong this season, maybe he has improved

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s his 1st year chicken littles! Let’s see what he does year two because obviously Patfo does think he has an NBA skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s his 1st year chicken littles! Let’s see what he does year two because obviously Patfo does think he has an NBA skill.
    NOT his first year. Last year was his first year, and he showed shit at the NBA level.

"A coach can't change people," Gregg Popovich said before the Spurs obliterated the Nets on New Year's Eve. "They are who they are. No matter what team you're talking about, a coach can be observant and try to put his team in situations both on and off the court where some of that can develop, some of the camaraderie sorts of things. But you can't change people."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that's the general sentiment and didn't mean to imply that posters are actively arguing for him to be on the team. I'm referring to the "c depth" and "current roster" type threads where Metu is literally listed as the 3rd big over Eubanks, for some.
    Metu and Eubanks have absolutely no business seeing an NBA court. The both seem good guys, and fight. But there is no NBA talent there, sorry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOT his first year. Last year was his first year, and he showed shit at the NBA level.
    Bro chill out! His first completed year.....happy? Secondly, it takes most athletes a few years to acclimate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you same dudes bitch and complain about every prospect only to have to eat crow! Just chill and see what you have before always condemning players.......my fault, that would be to much like right!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you same dudes bitch and complain about every prospect only to have to eat crow! Just chill and see what you have before always condemning players.......my fault, that would be to much like right!
    I like most of our prospects. Heck, I'm one of the few that likes Poeltl. That being said, Metu is a waste of a roster spot. I probably watched 60-70 games last year, and never saw a hint of NBA talent or game from him. People think that if you can run fast, and jump high, you can be molded into an NBA player, but that's not true. It would be like thinking you can take a player with a 32" vert, and train them up to a 42" vert. It's just not possible, either way.

You have to actually know how to play basketball. Metu seems really clueless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the new victory cigar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like most of our prospects. Heck, I'm one of the few that likes Poeltl. That being said, Metu is a waste of a roster spot. I probably watched 60-70 games last year, and never saw a hint of NBA talent or game from him. People think that if you can run fast, and jump high, you can be molded into an NBA player, but that's not true. It would be like thinking you can take a player with a 32" vert, and train them up to a 42" vert. It's just not possible, either way.

So, you are a better talent evaluator than the pro’s? We shall see; book mark this convo. Btw you can increase a persons vert & speed through training; how much varies from case to case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you are a better talent evaluator than the pro’s? We shall see; book mark this convo. Btw you can increase a persons vert & speed through training; how much varies from case to case.
    Not 10", which is why I used that as an example. Metu's game needs to be increased '10" '. That's why I don't like his odds. I don't think I'm a better talent evaluator than PATFO, it's just that second round picks are a long shot in the best of cases, especially when you get deeper than 40 or 45 on the pick counter. Other than Manu and Blair, even PATFO doesn't have the best record with second rounders. LOTS of busts through the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes didn't really look like an NBA player early in his career either, so I wouldn't completely throw Metu out yet. But his leash is going to be short, if he doesn't make a big improvement this season he's probably not long for the roster.
    Forbes was pretty bad up until last season, it takes time sometimes but Metu may not have it if the Spurs find someone better for the 15th spot

Don't Like Jimi Hendrix? Fuck You.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

James White!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not 10", which is why I used that as an example. Metu's game needs to be increased '10" '. That's why I don't like his odds. I don't think I'm a better talent evaluator than PATFO, it's just that second round picks are a long shot in the best of cases, especially when you get deeper than 40 or 45 on the pick counter. Other than Manu and Blair, even PATFO doesn't have the best record with second rounders. LOTS of busts through the years.
    To be fair, I get the point you are trying to make but it’s not true regarding vert improvement just so you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I saw of Metu last season he looked like a gangly, undersized 4-5, who couldn't shoot from outside the lane and could barely shoot inside of it. Considering we haven't seen him play at all this season, I'm not sure how you can say he's an answer to anything other than "How can we fill a roster spot with a live human being?" I'm assuming he's alive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu May surprise you.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice.

Forbes, as an example, surprised me last year by being better than I expected. I expected hot garbage, I got second-day leftovers that weren't horrible. Expected a D- player, and got a solid C-....better on some nights.

Metu was a D- last year by NBA standards, maybe an F in that sustained play like he gave us last year wouldn't ever make him a fixture on an NBA roster. If he can work his way to a C, C- this season that would be awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, I get the point you are trying to make but it’s not true regarding vert improvement just so you know.
    You can't improve an athlete's vert 10". That's what I said, 32" to 42". It just can't be done. If you're really lucky genetically, and work really hard. you can maybe bump it up 1"-2".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, itīs either Metu or myself for the last SF spot....

My god..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Useless trade chip.. he has zero value
    Nah, he’s useful...

Useful to make salaries match in a trade and is on an expiring deal, so Spurs could just send cash to other team to break even.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu has zero future with the team.. Jeff Ledbetter has more of a shot If a roster spot is open for either him or Samanic dear god that would be stupid to go with Metu

I doubt it.. He has hops to block a shot here or there, but I don't see any other pros to his game. He can bulk up but no matter what he's still gonna be limited by his narrow shoulders

Thread Information