Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the dust has mostly settled (I'm going to guess Westbrook gets traded to the Heat) . . .

Tier 1: Clippers, Bucks, 76ers, Lakers, Rockets

Tier 2: Jazz, Nuggets, Trail Blazers, Spurs, Celtics, Raptors, Pacers, Warriors

Tier 3: Nets, Heat, Kings, Pelicans, Hawks, Mavericks, Magic, Pistons, Bulls

Tier 4: Thunder, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Wizards, Suns, Knicks, Cavaliers, Hornets

I tried to fuse regular season with playoff potential, with more weight given to the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in Tier 1, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that the dust has mostly settled (I'm going to guess Westbrook gets traded to the Heat) . . .

Tier 1: Clippers, Bucks, 76ers, Lakers, Rockets

Tier 2: Jazz, Nuggets, Trail Blazers, Spurs, Celtics, Raptors, Pacers, Warriors

Tier 3: Nets, Heat, Kings, Pelicans, Hawks, Mavericks, Magic, Pistons, Bulls

Tier 4: Thunder, Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Wizards, Suns, Knicks, Cavaliers, Hornets

I tried to fuse regular season with playoff potential, with more weight given to the latter.
    I see the Rox starting their decline. Did nothing this off-season and their performance in the POs was miserable. I don't believe in the Sixers. Not sure about the Lakers. Raptors will suck. Warriors could be Tier 2 or 3. Nuggets could be Tier 1. I'm really curious how the Spurs stack up. Their depth is excellent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose Tier 1 are the actual contenders? If so, I don't know how I feel about the Lakers being there. No actual hate, I just think AD is massively overrated, Lebron's decline is real and Rondo is massively washed up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tier 1: Clippers, Bucks
    Tier 2: Celtics, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, 76ers, Blazers, Spurs, Jazz
    Tier 3: Nets, Heat, Raptors
    Tier 4: Hawks, Mavs, Pistons, Grizzlies, Wolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Magic, Suns, Kings, Wizards
    Tier 5: Hornets, Bulls, Cavs, Knicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Clippers and Bucks are Tier 1 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tier 1: Clippers, Bucks
    Tier 2: Celtics, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, 76ers, Blazers, Spurs, Jazz
    Tier 3: Nets, Heat, Raptors
    Tier 4: Hawks, Mavs, Pistons, Grizzlies, Wolves, Pelicans, Thunder, Magic, Suns, Kings, Wizards
    Tier 5: Hornets, Bulls, Cavs, Knicks
    This is more like it. Some of the 2nd tier are likely to move up, but the only teams that I'm confident are well-constructed contenders are the Clippers and Bucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with a lot of this, especially the Clippers and Bucks potentially being in a tier of their own. I wouldn't even argue if you said the Clippers are alone in their own tier.

I'm not particularly high on the 76ers, Lakers or Rockets, but think they have enough star power + experience to where it's at least conceivable, which for now is enough for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks actively got worse, though, right? I have trouble believing in them, but then the Raptors are out of the picture. The East is honestly pretty sucky once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets and Warriors (even without Durant), still clearly a step above the Spurs, IMO. They just have less margin for an injury now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks actively got worse, though, right? I have trouble believing in them, but then the Raptors are out of the picture. The East is honestly pretty sucky once again.
    Bucks have no compe ion. With Kawhi moving to the West and Durant injured, nobody is really stopping them, IMO. ~75% of the East teams are going to be tanking this season, IMO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me ( if everyone stays healthy) this is by far the deepest roster we have ever had.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have the Bucks in tier 1 because their biggest challenger in the East got worse and Philly is a big question mark, plus they're a team that has already has the chemistry and continuity..I like Indiana IF Oladipo comes back healthy and in form, so we'll see if they can be a challenge..

Sixers and Lakers have the potential to become tier 1 teams, as well, but I don't see it with the latter..I'm not a fan of their moves..

Nobody else has a legit superstar other than GS(if Klay was back and healthy, I'd have them in their 1), so they would need a ton of luck and injuries to go their way to win a le(which is possible, look at the Raptors )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets in Tier 1?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose Tier 1 are the actual contenders? If so, I don't know how I feel about the Lakers being there. No actual hate, I just think AD is massively overrated, Lebron's decline is real and Rondo is massively washed up.
    I don’t know whether AD is overrated or not, but we will find out this season. Otherwise, I agree with you. Spurs will have to be reckoned with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets in Tier 1?

No.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offseason still has a lot of time left. Good lists for now but a ton can change in the next couple of weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be a great RS team, I wouldn't be surprised if they finish with a top 4 seed..depth doesn't matter as much in the playoffs, though, unfortunately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be a great RS team, I wouldn't be surprised if they finish with a top 4 seed..depth doesn't matter as much in the playoffs, though, unfortunately..
    If they play well, they can definitely beat the Nuggets and Trailblazers. The guard corps can be very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers don't belong to tier one. Also, Warriors will still be damn good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they play well, they can definitely beat the Nuggets and Trailblazers. The guard corps can be very good.
    Oh, definitely..the West is really deep again, but the Clippers are the only "great" team on paper, everybody else is very beatable..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there was any time for Demar and LMA to nut up, this would be the year.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks have no compe ion. With Kawhi moving to the West and Durant injured, nobody is really stopping them, IMO. ~75% of the East teams are going to be tanking this season, IMO.
    You must have written that before the Celtics got Bertans.

This will be a season that tests whether Pop is still the best coach in the game. The Spurs have enough talent and toughness, I think, to contend for the WCF. Fitting all the new pieces and finding effective rotations will be everything. If Pop still has the passion for it, this should be a fun season for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-Clippers
    2-Bucks
    3-Warriors (when Thompson gets back)
    4-Rockets
    5-Lakers

Then could come the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do the Clippers have besides Kawuiter and PG? Should they really just automatically be considered the best?

Thread Information