Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're very similar players if you think about it. You have the slashing score-first point guard who can't really shoot threes and is labeled a hero for trying to win games by himself and then you have this efficient wizard of a left-handed pass-first shooting guard who is efficient, does shoot threes and gets to the foul line a lot and shoots a high percentage.

Anyone else thought of this comparison? It's very accurate.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Manu was the slasher and Parker the change of pace guy. So your comparison is actually opposite

But if Harden is playing PG then I could see it

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Frauden wishes he was Manu. And Westbrook is way better than Porker ever was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has westbrook ever set up a pick and roll?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As in, won't ever win without an all-time great big man?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden ain't got Manu's clutch gene, yeah Manu ed up alot, but that's cause he was never afraid to go at it defensively and offensively.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another stupid post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was the slasher and Parker the change of pace guy. So your comparison is actually opposite

But if Harden is playing PG then I could see it
    Manu was listed at SG and Tony at PG, but that's mainly because of height/weight reasons... we all knew Manu was the real PG and Tony was the 2 guard, most of the time at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will you go emo if "Choke Paul" goes back to the Clippers? I don't think it would be a bad fit, but Beverley is still on the roster so that would be a weird fit on offense and mediocre spacing at best, even though they'd probably hold the opposition to 90 PPG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's cute.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it. Just compare at udes and usage rate.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Harden ain't got Manu's clutch gene, yeah Manu ed up alot, but that's cause he was never afraid to go at it defensively and offensively.
    Manu's " -ups" were always exaggerated by Porker fans needing a scapegoat anyway. His foul on Dirk came during a series where Porker was chucking and bricking like Kobe. And while he was turning it over against the Heat, Porker was getting his swatted by Bosh and disappearing against Mario Chalmers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Will you go emo if "Choke Paul" goes back to the Clippers? I don't think it would be a bad fit, but Beverley is still on the roster so that would be a weird fit on offense and mediocre spacing at best, even though they'd probably hold the opposition to 90 PPG.
    I'd laugh my ass off at CP0 if he comes back to be Pat's backup, but it's never going to happen. He's not getting bought out. Even if he did, his ego wouldn't be able to handle being a role player on the team he quit on and talked about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook is mostly inflexible, which makes him most unlike Parker or Manu. Plus neither of those two would ever play a style where they approached a 40% usage rate. Manu didn't even do that on Argentina's National Team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it. Just compare at udes and usage rate.
    Parker was always a me-first diva like RW. No question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd laugh my ass off at CP0 if he comes back to be Pat's backup, but it's never going to happen. He's not getting bought out. Even if he did, his ego wouldn't be able to handle being a role player on the team he quit on and talked about.
    Maybe get Shaun Livingston instead for the Clippers? I still don't think having PG's who can't shoot 3s alongside Kawhi/George is a smart move.

Also, who in the starting lineup is going to be the primary ballhandler for the Clips at status quo? Beverley isn't good at it, Lou Williams is the best they have but he's a bench microwave guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was always a me-first diva like RW. No question.
    Except Tony has 4 rings. If Tony had Harden, Durant and Ibaka, he'd have another ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard on is 20 times the player Manu was. Yet manu was better defender and overall leader and clutch. It's like comparing a fire hydrant to a ladder

Chimp is 3 times the player Parker was. Yet Parker has a human brain VS a chimps and was 100 times the leader and champ. It's like comparing a rock to a bolt

Great thread op

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Tony has 4 rings. If Tony had Harden, Durant and Ibaka, he'd have another ring.
    If Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka had more than just 2012 together, they'd have 5 rings+... see, I could play that game too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're very similar players if you think about it. You have the slashing score-first point guard who can't really shoot threes and is labeled a hero for trying to win games by himself and then you have this efficient wizard of a left-handed pass-first shooting guard who is efficient, does shoot threes and gets to the foul line a lot and shoots a high percentage.

Anyone else thought of this comparison? It's very accurate.
    Shut the up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homer response/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PYF

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP and Harden were Parker and Manu. The former very unnecessary in both cases. Fortunately, Manu had TD. Harden only had Capella.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP with the worst basketball takes ever, tbh...

Let's just help him find a buffet to take his manbeast for under $10.

Thread Information