Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

He may be right but damn, this forced his hand

It is weird that JH's usage rate went way up after Chris Paul got there. He was less ball dominant playing with Lou Will and Pat Bev.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Harden probably only cared about winning in 2018 tbh, just because that team was so good.. he definitely didn't give a in any playoff season before that (for good reason, they weren't contenders)..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the Rockets were rollin' when Harden was on his 40 streak. CP had a good thing, and he blew it again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CP0 talking bout winning is like a broken clock being right twice a day

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    CP0 is the last person on earth who gets to talk about winning. This got prioritizes stats and money over winning.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Hypocrisy doesn’t discredit the truth.

He spoke the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He spoke the truth.
    Yup

They are both stat padding gets

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then the Rockets went and traded CP0 for a player who stat- s even worse than Harden

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

He spoke the truth.
    Sure, but it's amazing how CP0 has never had a teammate he's been satisfied with. It's almost like he's the problem.

Someone needs to tell CP0 this sage advice:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CP0 is the last person on earth who gets to talk about winning. This got prioritizes stats and money over winning.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What is Paul on about, he barely had more assists than Harden in that series vs GSW. Harden took only 6 more shots than Paul in game 6. I thought the complaint about Harden is that he goes quiet in the clutch, not that he 'pads stats' in important games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He spoke the truth.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Media has it knocked. No accountability. No checks. Nary balances. Have a lull, a beef, an unrequited desire, et al?,,,just claim a "source" & write whatever the you want.

I spit on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a much more accurate article here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/details-of-chris-paul-james-harden-playoff-argument-revealed/ar-AAEjQUd?ocid=spartanntp

Boiled down? Harden grew tired of CPOs control freak ways.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Seems like a much more accurate article here:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/details-of-chris-paul-james-harden-playoff-argument-revealed/ar-AAEjQUd?ocid=spartanntp

Boiled down? Harden grew tired of CPOs control freak ways.
    & even though I can't stand Paul ya's just knew Media was goin' to come down on Harden's side & firmly. There's no upside left on Paul. & he can't complain, Media carried his lame ass for years, puttin' him up there with the big shots, how they did Cliff Robinson way back. They'd set his ass in there among the Jordan's & such.

They're gonna walk Paul to the rocks & beat his brains out with a nice round one.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He's an analytics Nazi which is why he refused to take more than 12 shots a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So perhaps the NBA is not entirely rigged and re ed?

Report: ‘No appe e’ among some NBA teams to take on final year of Chris Paul deal

According to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders, based on conversations with NBA general managers, there is “almost no appe e” around the league to touch Paul’s contract, particularly the $44 million player option in 2021-22. >end snippet

Then again it says "almost no" meaning CPO may still be able to work his scam with some team? Hey it only takes one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players like Harden, right or wrong, choose the money over the rings/team. They will be compe ive but they will choose individual stats and accolades over any non sure-shot ring. If his stats end up making him 20+ more million over the course of his career (and they will make a lot more than that for him) he'd be a ing idiot to pay that to an already wealthy own... errr.. governor to get his franchise a better box office draw. It is what it is, but money trumps hardware everywhere but on forums and in bars.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't mean the NBA. I mean the game where the average fan prefers merchandise from stat padders over guys who sacrifice for the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So perhaps the NBA is not entirely rigged and re ed?

Report: ‘No appe e’ among some NBA teams to take on final year of Chris Paul deal

According to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders, based on conversations with NBA general managers, there is “almost no appe e” around the league to touch Paul’s contract, particularly the $44 million player option in 2021-22. >end snippet

Then again it says "almost no" meaning CPO may still be able to work his scam with some team? Hey it only takes one.
    What's the scam? He negotiated a contract, an employer agreed to the terms. It was a mutually agreeable relationship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden does only care about his stats. When the going gets really tough in the playoffs, he mentally checks out because he already had a stat padded season to his satisfaction. He’s good to shut it down.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Players like Harden, right or wrong, choose the money over the rings/team. They will be compe ive but they will choose individual stats and accolades over any non sure-shot ring. If his stats end up making him 20+ more million over the course of his career (and they will make a lot more than that for him) he'd be a ing idiot to pay that to an already wealthy own... errr.. governor to get his franchise a better box office draw. It is what it is, but money trumps hardware everywhere but on forums and in bars.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I don't mean the NBA. I mean the game where the average fan prefers merchandise from stat padders over guys who sacrifice for the team.
    It goes back to the showcased line by DeNiro---The Fan---when he lectures his son about (the sacrifice). (The player is rewarded by not charged an at bat). "Baseball is better than life, it's fair." --- it is a comprehensive lesson.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Harden does only care about his stats. When the going gets really tough in the playoffs, he mentally checks out because he already had a stat padded season to his satisfaction. He’s good to shut it down.
    Ooze.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The money is guaranteed, the rings aren't. It's hard to fault someone for choosing the cash.

And Harden got reasonably close to a ring. History remembers Barkley rather kindly despite him not winning one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The money is guaranteed, the rings aren't. It's hard to fault someone for choosing the cash.

And Harden got reasonably close to a ring. History remembers Barkley rather kindly despite him not winning one.
    Barkley has a personality...

Thread Information