Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So was Rich Paul the good guy all along? I don't get it..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure we'll know anytime soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So was Rich Paul the good guy all along? I don't get it..
    He costed Noel a 73 mil contract by Dallas.

Morris probably realized he was taken for a ride and now looks like an ass.

Klutch doesn't care anyway, LBJ brings in stars and that's where they make money, not the 4% on Morris or Noel...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously taking him on a ride, 15 is more than 10 when you work on commission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have done it a couple of weeks ago.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He costed Noel a 73 mil contract by Dallas.

Morris probably realized he was taken for a ride and now looks like an ass.

Klutch doesn't care anyway, LBJ brings in stars and that's where they make money, not the 4% on Morris or Noel...
    I think Noel’s previous agent wanted him to take said guaranteed money, but he refused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Noel’s previous agent wanted him to take said guaranteed money, but he refused.
    Right, Noel refused and changed agent -another agent told him he would get him a better deal. Smart move...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, Noel refused and changed agent -another agent told him he would get him a better deal. Smart move...
    ...was Ricj Paul that agent...?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...was Ricj Paul that agent...?
    Not sure. Nate Duncan mentioned it tangentially to the Morris blunder, but the hint seemed quite obvious to me.

I remember when Noel didn't sign with the Mavs as I quite liked his potential so I was sort of keeping an eye on him, and I thought he was crazy to decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris, according to a source, turned down a $41 million offer from the Clippers before pivoting to the Spurs and, eventually, the Knicks. Paul has emerged as an NBA lightning rod with his Sports Illustrated cover story and high-profile clients such as LeBron James, Anthony Davis, John Wall and Ben Simmons. He pushed for Davis’ trade from New Orleans to the Lakers — a saga that essentially sabotaged last season for both teams — and recently secured a max offer for Simmons in Philly. Still, he has never had a player in New York, and it will remain that way after the separation from Morris
    I guess Rich Paul didn't want him on the Flippers. That's probably what this is about

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Marcus didn’t know about the Clippers offer...is that the suggestion? Granted, agents all have petty agendas. But if true, this strengthens the appearance of Rich Paul acting as Lebron’s stooge, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing the Clips offer was a 3/$41 million? That would have been before the Kawhi/George signing. Even so, he could have signed with a stable ascending team in LA, with a good coach and owner, instead of signing with the worst team in the league buried behind three other PFs.
    What a horrific stupid mistake. He had a chance to ring next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Marcus didn’t know about the Clippers offer...is that the suggestion? Granted, agents all have petty agendas. But if true, this strengthens the appearance of Rich Paul acting as Lebron’s stooge, so to speak.
    If Rich Paul never conveyed that offer, Morris can sue him. My guess is Paul vaguely mentioned the offer, dumbed it down, told Morris it was a bad offer and he could get him a better offer, and then the Clips moved on and the SA offer was the best on the table. Paul scrambled and got the NY offer. Paul then could say he got him more money NEXT year than either the Clip or Spur offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba pundits pegged him at 80m/4yr range. I can see him being pissy about a 4 year offer at half that from the clippers. And then when he got a dose of reality, he pivoted to a shorter deal at the biggest number he could get and allow him to get back out next summer. And then, well, 15>10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba pundits pegged him at 80m/4yr range. I can see him being pissy about a 4 year offer at half that from the clippers. And then when he got a dose of reality, he pivoted to a shorter deal at the biggest number he could get and allow him to get back out next summer. And then, well, 15>10
    4/80 for Marcus Morris? Who would have been dumb enough to give him that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the first time Paul cost a client a ton of money by misdiagnosing his market. Also may have tried to steer him to NYK.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4/80 for Marcus Morris? Who would have been dumb enough to give him that?
    Nobody in this case, but that's the shocker here. You know as well as anyone how stupid GMs with cap space can be when it comes to giving out contracts.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I guess Rich Paul didn't want him on the Flippers. That's probably what this is about
    Tbh, I don't think that's the issue. Montrezl Harrell was a Klutch client his first year here without any big drama, though he did end up switching to Drew Rosenhaus.

The issue is that Paul uses absurd hardball negotiation tactics with role players that teams don't really need all that badly. Morris isn't the first Rich Paul client to turn down big money only to have to settle for less. , Norris Cole is stuck in the Chinese league because teams realized he wasn't anywhere near good enough to be worth dealing with Paul's negotiation tactics. At least Morris is still in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I suspect that Rich Paul told him he was right in thinking he deserved more but then didn’t deliver. Though apparently he still represents Noel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows he needs a new agent next year when he is fa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I don't think that's the issue. Montrezl Harrell was a Klutch client his first year here without any big drama, though he did end up switching to Drew Rosenhaus.

The issue is that Paul uses absurd hardball negotiation tactics with role players that teams don't really need all that badly. Morris isn't the first Rich Paul client to turn down big money only to have to settle for less. , Norris Cole is stuck in the Chinese league because teams realized he wasn't anywhere near good enough to be worth dealing with Paul's negotiation tactics. At least Morris is still in the NBA.
    That makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing the Clips offer was a 3/$41 million? That would have been before the Kawhi/George signing. Even so, he could have signed with a stable ascending team in LA, with a good coach and owner, instead of signing with the worst team in the league buried behind three other PFs.
    What a horrific stupid mistake. He had a chance to ring next year.
    I don't believe this offer. It doesn't make any sense for the Clippers. All points to them knowing exactly what Kawhi was doing and wanted. Hence offering money to Morris before acquiring the ''second star'' required by KL didn't make any sense both moneywise and rosterwise.

This probably is totally made up and comes from some agent not liking very much Rich Paul...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did the Clippers even have 13 million in open cap space after signing Kawhi and trading for PG13?

Thread Information