Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In our changing world, there is much debate about what cons utes a “human right.” Those on the left often state that healthcare, higher education, food, housing and essential utilities are a human right, while those on the right often contend they should be earned through labor.

Now, that question needs to be considered with regards to the issue of migration, specifically in situations where individuals are seeking to migrate from economically or politically disadvantaged locations or situations to areas of the world with better opportunities. Do you believe migration of this nature is a human right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend researching the Bill of Rights. I also recommend migrating legally to avoid any confusion.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I recommend researching the Bill of Rights. I also recommend migrating legally to avoid any confusion.
    Tell it, Chris. Testify!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Migration for economic opportunities is not a human right. That is different from claiming asylum for based on a well-founded fear of persecution based on one or more of five grounds:

Race.
    Religion.
    Nationality.
    Membership in a particular social group (Most LGBTQ individuals who apply for asylum qualify under this category)
    Political opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In our changing world, there is much debate about what cons utes a “human right.” Those on the left often state that healthcare, higher education, food, housing and essential utilities are a human right, while those on the right often contend they should be earned through labor.

Now, that question needs to be considered with regards to the issue of migration, specifically in situations where individuals are seeking to migrate from economically or politically disadvantaged locations or situations to areas of the world with better opportunities. Do you believe migration of this nature is a human right?
    i believe we need to enforce our laws and build that ing wall already!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA has welcomed economic migration for 100? years.

and right-wing Republican businesses have benefited, that's why Repugs don't want to "reform immigration" law.

The immigration status quo is lucrative, and campaign red meat for the racist, xenophobic Repug cult mob.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-14-2019 at 07:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA has welcomed economic migration for 100? years.

and right-wing Republican businesses have benefited, that's why Repugs don't want to "reform immigration" law.

The immigration status quo is lucrative, and campaign red meat for the Repug-racist, xenophobic cult mob.
    tell me again who's cutting pelosi's grass?

funny how you act like it's all the repubs as your golden gods sit pretty in their mansions while breaking the backs of those less fortunate and at a lower cost.

My Pain: Constant & Sharp
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In the case of USA, Canada, and Europe, migration is a human right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s quite the generalization... But, as far as the central question, I don’t think it is, nor I think I’ve heard of a platform that makes such claim. Essentially, who or what are you talking about?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash and his blood and soil Nazi sycophants today disqualified 100Ks of asylum seekers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Migrants at Border With Mexico Would Be Denied Asylum Protections Under New Trump Rule

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/15/us/politics/trump-asylum-rule.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash and his blood and soil Nazi sycophants today disqualified 100Ks of asylum seekers
    Good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If migration isnt a human right, than why is capital allowed to flow freely across borders?

Funny how the same people against migration are the same that chide victims of wars for not moving out of their countries'...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Guatemala pulled out of the Safe Third Country agreement? lmao, so tired of winning.

The whole idea was ridiculous. How can you claim Guatemala is a safe country for asylum when it’s own citizens are fleeing it? Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If migration isnt a human right, than why is capital allowed to flow freely across borders?

Funny how the same people against migration are the same that chide victims of wars for not moving out of their countries'...
    Because migration comes in many forms and a plethora of reasons. Things like asylum are heavily dependent on geopolitical situations, for example. It would even be irresponsible to force countries that could potentially lack the sustenance to provide effective care to migrants. That’s why there are international accords on the matter, at the very least, establishing the minimum set of rules for handling migrants. Some of those rules do align to what we know as human rights, but that doesn’t actually make migration as a whole a human right.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

...no, they must stay there & turn their hole into what THEY desire.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe we need to enforce our laws and build that ing wall already!
    We do enforce the laws and a wall isn't going to make that big of a difference except in your tatted drugged out mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake unaware of sanctuary cities and sanctuary states I see. What a surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do enforce the laws and a wall isn't going to make that big of a difference except in your tatted drugged out mind.
    You're such a ing got dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake unaware of sanctuary cities and sanctuary states I see. What a surprise.
    What a stupid comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're such a ing got dude.
    Sure, druggy.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...33#post9881333
    Here is my take and this goes for Trump and all his blind patriotic MAGA cultists:

YOUR military and terrorist government made a hole of her (Ilhan Omar) country. Therefore it is OUR responsibility to look after refugees. Don't like it then stay the away and keep your military bases off. America is a nation of thieves an murderers. People have the right to criticize the evil empire. Descent is the highest form of patriotism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a stupid comment.
    Blake has no idea how to respond, so this is all he can offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, got.

Thread Information