Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the greatest pound-for-pounders ever. RIP, Pernell.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    , I thought it was the other "Sweet Pea" that came to you with Tarkanian back a ways. What the was his name, Chooch?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I thought it was the other "Sweet Pea" that came to you with Tarkanian back a ways. What the was his name, Chooch?

I don't recall, Cubs. I was a wee-lad when Tark came. I remember Lloyd Daniels coming with him and balling out for a little while. Is that who you're talking about?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't recall, Cubs. I was a wee-lad when Tark came. I remember Lloyd Daniels coming with him and balling out for a little while. Is that who you're talking about?
    Yeah that's him. Was my first thought too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's him. Was my first thought too.
    I remember he balled out for a while and then *poof* he was gone. Kinda lumped into the memories of other Spurs rotation players who came in for cups of coffee during that time like Nigel Knight and Trent Tucker.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both were Sweet pea iirc
    But Whittaker was one of the best defensive boxers ever. And was robbed vs. DeLahoya or JCC my memory fails me...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep, Lloyd Daniels. He was Tarks pride & joy, but, Media had set their trough against him, & bore down on his peccadillo. He'd done something with his eligibility, or some such trespass, but, Media took a dislike & that was his death knell. Media didn't like Tark either, you know comin' in there like that fresh off the college campus. There was resistance & SAS fired him & it was the end of Sweet Pea.

ADDENDUM:::LOL. & Tark had that habit of sucking on a neatly folded damp towel kneeling on the hardwood. Anyone remember that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both were Sweet pea iirc
    But Whittaker was one of the best defensive boxers ever. And was robbed vs. DeLahoya or JCC my memory fails me...
    Chavez, like in late 92 or early 93. I remember watching that fight live with the old man and his old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lloyd Daniels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, Lloyd Daniels. He was Tarks pride & joy, but, Media had set their trough against him, & bore down on his peccadillo. He'd done something with his eligibility, or some such trespass, but, Media took a dislike & that was his death knell. Media didn't like Tark either, you know comin' in there like that fresh off the college campus. There was resistance & SAS fired him & it was the end of Sweet Pea.

ADDENDUM:::LOL. & Tark had that habit of sucking on a neatly folded damp towel kneeling on the hardwood. Anyone remember that?

Yes...that 90 or so team was one of the best ever. Johnson, Augmon, Anthony, Hunt, Moses Scurry.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^^^Yep, remember it well. Plastic Man, Grandmama.

& his tie there is shark infested.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot,evict yer Moms and thats what happens....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both were Sweet pea iirc
    Didn't do too well against that automobile though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet NBA basketball thread.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Very sad. Dude was insanely gifted, one of the best defensive boxers ever and basically the prototype version of Floyd. And we all know he really won that fight against De La Hoya.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet NBA basketball thread.
    Right? I mean, all we needed was another thread about the same 5-10 players and the same 3-5 teams discussed in this forum. This forum would DIE if we didn't have another one of those...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both were Sweet pea iirc
    Ha Max Kellerman and others argue he was robbed in both...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was. He was robbed in the Chavez fight because there was no money in Chavez getting 100 W's with an L on the record, so it was declared a draw to reduce the armed robbery charge to grand larceny.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information