My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Nah Jerruh put it out there to put pressure on Dak.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Team thread.

Also, if anyone out of Zeke/Prescott deserves to get paid, it's Zeke. Regardless of his position.

Would you rather have Zeke at 14M/year and Mike White at 500k/year starting at QB, or Prescott (below average starter) at 32M/year and trash at RB, when your game is running and defense centric?

It's obvious who needs to stay and who needs to go. With tagging Prescott + trading him for a 1st and 2nd next March, we gain great draft capital while re-opening the precious "rookie QB window" and get to keep everyone else we want. If we overpay a below average QB top-of-the-line QB money long term, we're committing ourselves to losing our own actual good players and #forever8-8.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Team thread.

Also, if anyone out of Zeke/Prescott deserves to get paid, it's Zeke. Regardless of his position.

Would you rather have Zeke at 14M/year and Mike White at 500k/year starting at QB, or Prescott (below average starter) at 32M/year and trash at RB, when your game is running and defense centric?

It's obvious who needs to stay and who needs to go. With tagging Prescott + trading him for a 1st and 2nd next March, we gain great draft capital while re-opening the precious "rookie QB window" and get to keep everyone else we want. If we overpay a below average QB top-of-the-line QB money long term, we're committing ourselves to losing our own actual good players and #forever8-8.
    rofl is that a serious question? Prescott is actually a (borderline) pro-bowl caliber player at the most important position in football.

Anyway, don't blame Elliott is this situation. Jerruh and The Bot used up Demarco Murry in 2014 with nearly 400 carries, so can't blame him for trying to get what he can now

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rofl is that a serious question? Prescott is actually a (borderline) pro-bowl caliber player at the most important position in football.
    *turns around* nope, I'm living in an apartment, not the ty room in that big rooming house I stayed in for the fall of 2016. Just had to check, there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Team thread.

He's an article making a pretty good case that the CB shouldn't pay him big money.
    Problem is that it's pretty late this season.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...oney-he-wants/

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's an article making a pretty good case that the CB shouldn't pay him big money.
    Problem is that it's pretty late this season.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...oney-he-wants/
    As crazy as it would be to pay him $14m/year with a ton of guaranteed money, it'd be even worse to pay the 20th best QB in the NFL Aaron Rodgers level money.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As crazy as it would be to pay him $14m/year with a ton of guaranteed money, it'd be even worse to pay the 20th best QB in the NFL Aaron Rodgers level money.
    And do what? Hope to get a QB in the draft? Dak isn't Rodgers but he's a good QB. His stats are better than Struggle after the first 3 years for what it's worth.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And do what? Hope to get a QB in the draft? Dak isn't Rodgers but he's a good QB. His stats are better than Struggle after the first 3 years for what it's worth.
    I have Wilson ranked 13th and Prescott 20th. Neither are that fabulous and both have a lot of the same problems (scramble around paranoid and take way too many sacks) but at least Wilson has a fairly reliably accurate deep touch pass. Also Wilson has a SB ring even though the running game and defense carried him.

Win the SB this year, re-sign everyone else (except just letting Lael Collins walk is fine), trade Zeke, tag and trade Dak, tank 2020, get Trevor Lawrence.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I have Wilson ranked 13th and Prescott 20th. Neither are that fabulous and both have a lot of the same problems (scramble around paranoid and take way too many sacks) but at least Wilson has a fairly reliably accurate deep touch pass. Also Wilson has a SB ring even though the running game and defense carried him.

Win the SB this year, re-sign everyone else (except just letting Lael Collins walk is fine), trade Zeke, tag and trade Dak, tank 2020, get Trevor Lawrence.
    Oh...you’re “ranking” now. Fantastic.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Plus, you have to remember how good Dak was his rookie season when he had an elite WR. He's got that again. Plus, they should have a more creative offense. He's had such ty playcalls and WR for the last 2 seasons, that I'm not sure you can rate him on that. And they finally got him a legit QB coach.

Too bad all those things didn't happen last season so we could know for sure.

In any event, RBs are way more replaceable than even average QB.

There just isn't that big a difference between great vs good RB's. Some in the Hall of Fame with less that a 4 yards a carry average.

Sam "Bam" Cunningham is the all time Pats rushing leader, what does that tell us?

Where were the Lions with Barry Sanders? Kid can walk right into the NFL and knock out a 1000 yard plus rushing season, we see it all the time, yep....young legs.

I'd never spend big $$$$$ on a RB in todays NFL.

Bummer that no company wants Elliott hawking their products, so he does miss out on all that $$$$.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Anyway, don't blame Elliott is this situation. Jerruh and The Bot used up Demarco Murry in 2014 with nearly 400 carries, so can't blame him for trying to get what he can now

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Honestly, anything more than 3 year deal is stupid for Zeke. And throw in so many damn provisions that he won't even look at a bar.

Realistically, stupid ass JJ has a hard on for stupid pieces of and "potential."

We're going to overpay both, and the whole team is going to suffer.

Thread Information