My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the NBA is in a bad pattern of multiple stars teaming up and making the compe ion worse. What if there was some sort of a extreme max deal where each team could offer ONE player unlimited amount of dollars , but that it only takes away 1/3 of the teams max deal?

expample: Lakers offer LeBron 500 mil a year for 5 years but only 1/3 of the teams cap goes into effect ?
    approx 30 mil a year

i really do think something of this nature would make players want their own team for max dollars , and there would be a lot less big 3s. Also small markets would have more leverage on keeping superstars.

dont kill me I hardly post here lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that would undermine the cap. Players could sign huge contracts on the same team if only a third is effecting the cap.

Speaking of huge contracts. I just noticed Chandler f'n Parsons is on the books next season for 25 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that would undermine the cap. Players could sign huge contracts on the same team if only a third is effecting the cap.

Speaking of huge contracts. I just noticed Chandler f'n Parsons is on the books next season for 25 million
    What I meant is they still have to sign as the super max. But only 1 per team. In this case I don’t see Chris Paul signing with rockets if he could sign for 100 mil a year with clippers , because rockets would already have their super super max player in harden. This would make players want their own team to secure that type of contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I meant is they still have to sign as the super max. But only 1 per team. In this case I don’t see Chris Paul signing with rockets if he could sign for 100 mil a year with clippers , because rockets would already have their super super max player in harden. This would make players want their own team to secure that type of contract
    That makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the NBA is in a bad pattern of multiple stars teaming up and making the compe ion worse. What if there was some sort of a extreme max deal where each team could offer ONE player unlimited amount of dollars , but that it only takes away 1/3 of the teams max deal?

expample: Lakers offer LeBron 500 mil a year for 5 years but only 1/3 of the teams cap goes into effect ?
    approx 30 mil a year

i really do think something of this nature would make players want their own team for max dollars , and there would be a lot less big 3s. Also small markets would have more leverage on keeping superstars.

dont kill me I hardly post here lmao
    And if they demand a trade, they renounce their money for a conventional max contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stick a fork in CP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can only sign this super super max deal with the team that drafted you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly , AD wouldn’t leave pelicans , Leonard wouldn’t leave spurs and d12 dosent leave Orlando. Requesting a trade should lower your salary to a regular max deal. You would see a lot of super stars staying with team that drafted them. Instead of requesting trade or leaving via FA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Isn't this already in place but failed?!
    The one contract is a good idea but many players have rejected super max including PG13, Kawhi, AD, KD...
    The issue with the idea is lips would be stuck paying Chis Paul a crazy contract instead of their new dynamic duo.
    Also you penalize teams that have groomed stars forcing them to choose between Klay and Steph or KD and Russ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players would just get these contracts and then demand a trade. It’s trade demand that should be punished. Play out your contract you stupid kids. That’s what contracts are, legally binding agreements. You don’t like it? Don’t sign any long term contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi turned down 70mil(?) to back to LA.

The way the sport of basketball is constructed(5 players on the court) lends much more leverage to players than any other sport, there's no bypassing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi turned down 70mil(?) to back to LA.

The way the sport of basketball is constructed(5 players on the court) lends much more leverage to players than any other sport, there's no bypassing it.
    in my idea though Toronto could offer UNLIMITED MONEY to kawahi , say 500 over 5 years. Rather then 100 over 3 with LA. That’s a huge difference

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in my idea though Toronto could offer UNLIMITED MONEY to kawahi , say 500 over 5 years. Rather then 100 over 3 with LA. That’s a huge difference
    100M a year would only leave them room for one exception player and a bunch of vet min and G League players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players would just get these contracts and then demand a trade. It’s trade demand that should be punished. Play out your contract you stupid kids. That’s what contracts are, legally binding agreements. You don’t like it? Don’t sign any long term contracts.
    And if they demand a trade, they renounce their money for a conventional max contract.
    Let's say the Spurs signed Kawhi to a 5 year 500 millions dollars deal. If Kawhi demanded a trade that 5/500 millions deal becomes 5/200 the moment he gets traded.

This way people who demand trades would really, really, reeeeeally have to want out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100M a year would only leave them room for one exception player and a bunch of vet min and G League players.
    The super super super max money would count on the cap only as a regular max deal. Do people even read the threads they post in?
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-17-2019 at 10:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's do two seasons per year. One season is super teams of all stars (with maybe just 8 teams, la, la , sf , ny, chicago, miami, dallas, and Atlanta) and the other is normal salary cap. Let players get the super teAm big market bug out without ruining the league. Kawhi would still spend half the year in S.A. Or Toronto but could do Cali in the summer. Win win.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This much I'll say; the collective bargaining deal is aimed at screwing guys like Jordan and Lebron, relatively speaking (I'm shedding no tears for them). If they were allowed to get real market value, they'd be billionaires just from basketball money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's say the Spurs signed Kawhi to a 5 year 500 millions dollars deal. If Kawhi demanded a trade that 5/500 millions deal becomes 5/200 the moment he gets traded.

This way people who demand trades would really, really, reeeeeally have to want out.
    They would go to the next team and demand out of the contract to renegotiate a new deal, just like NFL stars do. And owners/front offices would cave because they want the talent.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This much I'll say; the collective bargaining deal is aimed at screwing guys like Jordan and Lebron, relatively speaking (I'm shedding no tears for them). If they were allowed to get real market value, they'd be billionaires just from basketball money.
    I argued the same.
    And I remember when people tried to argue the $$ in Hoops didn't matter since he had endorsements... But Bron said he never taking less tan max. He knows he is a relative bargain based on merchandise, tix sales and trends on social media. He is underpaid woefully (relative to his value to the league).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I argued the same.
    And I remember when people tried to argue the $$ in Hoops didn't matter since he had endorsements... But Bron said he never taking less tan max. He knows he is a relative bargain based on merchandise, tix sales and trends on social media. He is underpaid woefully (relative to his value to the league).
    Players get a share of their jersey sales. But yea, certain players are the ones that bring up the ticket prices and TV ratings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would go to the next team and demand out of the contract to renegotiate a new deal, just like NFL stars do. And owners/front offices would cave because they want the talent.
    Also, what you are saying isn't allowed in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's the market making the players, not the players making the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's the market making the players, not the players making the market.
    The players make the market, see; WNBA

Thread Information