Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows his flaws in the modern NBA, which is obviously outside shooting particularly the 3. If he didn’t fix his flaw, then PATFO has to explore while his value is high. I just don’t want for PATFO to stand pat because it’s “the right thing for Demar.” That’s when Spurs get screwed with Uncle Dennis, Paul Rich/Morris, Pau/Mills contracts. I know Spurs have long history of “doing what’s right.” But boy, for once I like them to be bold and selfish.
    In a hypothetical DeRozan/Porter trade, the story is less about the Spurs giving up on him and more about a big market team betting on adding an All-Star to the mix. I don't think that looks bad for him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, for people who can't stand DDR to advocate for Wiggins, it's a weird motivation because I fail to see what Wiggins brings to the table other than a bad contract. I'd rather have DeRozan.
    Advanced stats hate him. One of the oldest is PER. It's offensively oriented, so it even hides his horrible defense. League average is 15.0. Wiggins career mark is 14.5. BPM(either/both) hates him. VORP hates him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a hypothetical DeRozan/Porter trade, the story is less about the Spurs giving up on him and more about a big market team betting on adding an All-Star to the mix. I don't think that looks bad for him at all.
    Porter fits Spurs better, while Demar gives them the scoring they need. It’s win/win for both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you name the (at least) ten guys on this list that DeRozan is better than?

Kawhi Leonard
    Steph Curry
    Giannis Antekutoumpo
    Anthony Davis
    Paul George
    Damian Lillard
    James Harden
    Russell Westbrook
    Nikola Jokic
    Klay Thompson
    Kyrie Irving
    Joel Embiid
    Pascal Siakam
    Jimmy Butler
    Ben Simmons
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Victor Oladipo
    Bradley Beal
    Kemba Walker
    Luka Doncic
    Blake Griffin
    Mike Conley
    CJ McCollum
    Donovan Mitc
    McCollum is the most overrated player in the league. He's not even a fringe all-star, more like a high end role player with an undeserved reputation of being a star. DeRozan is undoubtedly a better player, imo.

Simmons, Conley, Beal, Klay, and Oladipo are toss-ups. I don't think their ceilings as #1 guys is any higher than DeRozan's when he was in TOR. If Klay played like Game 6 Klay all the time he'd be elite but most of the time he doesn't. But I would take all of them except the PGs on the Spurs over DD due to them being much better fits. Doncic and Mitc , it's a toss-up whether they're better atm. They'll most likely get there eventually.

I do agree that DD isnt Top 15 though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    McCollum is the most overrated player in the league. He's not even a fringe all-star, more like a high end role player with an undeserved reputation of being a star. DeRozan is undoubtedly a better player, imo.

Simmons, Conley, Beal, Klay, and Oladipo are toss-ups. I don't think their ceilings as #1 guys is any higher than DeRozan's when he was in TOR. If Klay played like Game 6 Klay all the time he'd be elite but most of the time he doesn't. But I would take all of them except the PGs on the Spurs over DD due to them being much better fits. Doncic and Mitc , it's a toss-up whether they're better atm. They'll most likely get there eventually.

I do agree that DD isnt Top 15 though.
    a toss up between klay and demar, wtf

also, luka now > ddr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, luka now > ddr
    because of his mom?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a DeRozan hater-- I think I see him with some pretty objective clarity. There's no way he's a top 15 player in the NBA. He's playing SF for the Spurs in the 3 & D era: he can't shoot threes, and his D is mediocre at best. Yes, he'll get you points with average efficiency, and he upped his assist & rebound numbers (one thing I admired very much about him last year), but to put him in even the top 30 just doesn't make sense, and especially come playoff time, his defense and lack of a three became major targets for opposing teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo he is a top30-40 player in the league and youd don't trade him just to get rid of him. Without him the spurs would have won something like 35 games, pepole here are really undervaluing him.

21 pts with 6 ass and 6 boards while shooting at 49% 80% ft is not what you have everywhere, ok he is bad at 3pt and so-so on D but he is not that bad.

If the Spurs are sure he will not be here after next year and got a good offer then ok but if not, just play this season with him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon can't play SF but he can guard SF.He checked Nephew as good as anyone in the playoffs.His versatility on defense is important.
    Gordon+Okeke+1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is easily Top 30. I've stated that I'm not a big fan of his, but saying he's not Top 30 a gross exaggeration. He's in the 20-25 range, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's clown season for the summer, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much hate for DeRozan in one place he's better than yall make him out to be. This was his first year in The System. Chill and let's see if Pop can teach him some .

/ortradehimforAaronGordon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is easily Top 30. I've stated that I'm not a big fan of his, but saying he's not Top 30 a gross exaggeration. He's in the 20-25 range, imo.
    Going with advanced stats: He's 134th in RPM, 75th in WINS, 90th in ORPM, 312th in DRPM. Sorry, there's just no way he's a top 30 player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picks usually don't pan out, they're just lottery tickets. So most likely you'll have just traded DeRozan for someone far inferior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going with advanced stats: He's 134th in RPM, 75th in WINS, 90th in ORPM, 312th in DRPM. Sorry, there's just no way he's a top 30 player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/4
    Your advanced stats....Toronto was a powerhouse in the East for like 3-4 years with DeMar as the #1 (and as an MVP candidate). His sidekick was ing Kyle Lowry dude. If that isn't performing I don't know what is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we're talking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much hate for DeRozan in one place he's better than yall make him out to be. This was his first year in The System. Chill and let's see if Pop can teach him some .

/ortradehimforAaronGordon
    I think the hate DeRozan gets is from misdirected anger from the initial KL/Uncle Dennis bull , followed by how little Pop and RC got for KL in that trade. Like it or not, DeRozan will forever be tied to that trade, compounded by any future successes of KL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, it means 2 things. One they couldn't come to a agreement on a team friendly deal with DDR, which is fine by me since we shouldn't be overpaying for a flawed player. Secondly, I think they are expecting great things from our new big 3 of Murray, White and Walker next season and DDR's game doesn't mesh well with that trio.
    Could also swing DDR to a team in a sign and trade after the session and recoup some assets. Or just enjoy the cap space.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Picks usually don't pan out, they're just lottery tickets. So most likely you'll have just traded DeRozan for someone far inferior.
    Picks are currency... you can trade them for other valuable things later. That's like saying money isn't valuable because you can't eat paper... you trade that paper for product.... it's the same with picks..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon Hayward is gonna end up being the trade and Spurstalk will love it lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your advanced stats....Toronto was a powerhouse in the East for like 3-4 years with DeMar as the #1 (and as an MVP candidate). His sidekick was ing Kyle Lowry dude. If that isn't performing I don't know what is.
    They lost in playoff sweeps 3 out of his last 4 years... that's not a powerhouse. That's a pretty good team with obvious glaring flaws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regular season top 30, playoffs top 100

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a steal for DeRozan. Not sure Orlando would add in the pick though. Would still do this trade without the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever it takes spurs, get this done

Thread Information