Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only trade him for picks/prospects if they take that albatross Patty too, otherwise it would have to be something that would make the team better

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compared to all the guys making 30-40M?? He’s still in the top 25 and making a smaller portion of cap than newer max guys. His money is still in the sweeter spot of “easier” to move for salary reasons
    He has the fifteenth highest salary in the league. Just because his contract isn't as bad as Chris Paul's or John Wall's doesn't make his contract all that reasonable for the value he provides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him with 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Beal (as long as PATFO gets the green light that Beal will re-sign in 2021)

We already have a buttload of prospects and potential talents to develop over the next 4 years.The Spurs can take a break from drafting for 2 (2020,2022) years+offer a compe ive team for Pop to coach in his last couple of seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him with 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Beal (as long as PATFO gets the green light that Beal will re-sign in 2021)

We already have a buttload of prospects and potential talents to develop over the next 4 years.The Spurs can take a break from drafting for 2 (2020,2022) years+offer a compe ive team for Pop to coach in his last couple of seasons.
    Kind of seems like a pipe dream to get Beal that cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be incredibly surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has the fifteenth highest salary in the league. Just because his contract isn't as bad as Chris Paul's or John Wall's doesn't make his contract all that reasonable for the value he provides.
    I’m telling you people outside of pessimistic SA fans don’t view DeRozan like that. He is a positive asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m telling you people outside of pessimistic SA fans don’t view DeRozan like that. He is a positive asset.
    So I hope he can be moved for an asset then. I don't think he's worth the money, which is why Toronto gave him to RC knowing Leonard was out the door to LA once the season ended.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is a negative asset, DeFrozen isn't a big positive but a slight one, which shouldn't be disregarded for no reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of seems like a pipe dream to get Beal that cheap.
    2 firsts seems like we underpaid for Beal but then again 3 firsts would be an overpay.

Here's where DeRozan comes in.He's still an Allstar for the Eastern Conference-for a team like the Wizards he could have value.Plus his contract is basically a 1+1 at the same $ Beal is making.

Again this is all under the prism that Beal likes the idea of playing in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I hope he can be moved for an asset then. I don't think he's worth the money, which is why Toronto gave him to RC knowing Leonard was out the door to LA once the season ended.
    Not being worth the money is not the same as not valuable or albatross. He’s pretty evenly paid for his value and will fetch something positive.

Not saying he’s Beal or AD value obviously; just that I wouldn’t be surprised if it were low ceiling but decent salary match + Youngish player + pick(s)

Something like DeRozan + Beli for Marvin Williams + Biyombo + Bridges + Pick (something like that depending on quality of vets, pick or young player. The better of one of those the lesser of the other stuff. )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wizards could do a lot better than a Derozan centerpiece for Beal. Unless you're comfortable with moving 2 out of 3 of White, Murray, or Walker plus a 1st rounder, Beal is a pipe dream.

Then again, maybe he has a s bag uncle that comes out and says he will only re-sign with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would definitely trade DeRozan + White + 1st for Beal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing idiot who painted the mural can’t undo it quick enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is gonna need more legs than a random Twitter post before anyone should believe it, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am skeptical that they move him. Instead I think they'll play out the year with him and then let him walk. If gives the Spurs a chance to compete this year while giving Walker time to progress with the goal of him being the eventual SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do a Derozan to Miami deal centered around Justice Winslow + James Johnson and thats with Winslow being hurt all the time and not being very good tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timing feels a bit weird. In theory, DeRozan would have more value when more teams had cap room to help absorb his contract.

Then again, if there's a team out there who isn't happy with how the summer played out, they could go after DeRozan. In the East, there's a pretty decent argument that trading for DeRozan could lift your team into being a legit playoff contender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No extension + guaranteed value (if he opts out next year no trade possible) + teams wanting to win now = solid trade market
    Yes, but open cap space may be worth more than any of the assets that are offered. I'm not saying you can't trade him, it's just got to be worth something of value, like a first round pick or a position of need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt White would be offered as part of a package. Too good a defender and too much upside with Dejounte injury recovery still in question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timing feels a bit weird. In theory, DeRozan would have more value when more teams had cap room to help absorb his contract.

Then again, if there's a team out there who isn't happy with how the summer played out, they could go after DeRozan. In the East, there's a pretty decent argument that trading for DeRozan could lift your team into being a legit playoff contender.
    Orlando, Miami, Cha, Chicago all make sense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They more than likely won't do it for their usual misguided reasons, but only logical trades I can come up with, are DeRozan, Belinelli and possibly Metu for Gordon and Fournier and DeRozan for Jackson, Snell or Galloway and a lottery protected '20 1st.

The former would be a nice trade. They'd actually improve and come closer to making sense. Sure, Gordon would eat into '21 cap space, but it's doubtful they can do better, he should be attractive as a roughly $16.41M expiring and in the meantime, he'd fill the biggest hole on the roster and add to the young core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but open cap space may be worth more than any of the assets that are offered. I'm not saying you can't trade him, it's just got to be worth something of value, like a first round pick or a position of need.

Spurs seem to care about 2021 when LMA and DeRozan are off books and I don’t think any trade would ruin that unless it was for very valuable youth/picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Funny, that was always when I thought it would happen. There were always going to be spurned suitors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades I'd do:

-Crabbe + De'Andre Hunter puts the Hawks in the playoffs tbh (though Hunter has underwhelmed)
    -Batum + Marvin Williams provided they are confident they can pull a Boris-type reclamation project on Batum
    -Covington + Dieng
    -Winslow + James Johnson
    -Aaron Gordon + pieces

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They more than likely won't do it for their usual misguided reasons, but only logical trades I can come up with, are DeRozan, Belinelli and possibly Metu for Gordon and Fournier and DeRozan for Jackson, Snell or Galloway and a lottery protected '20 1st.

The former would be a nice trade. They'd actually improve and come closer to making sense. Sure, Gordon would eat into '21 cap space, but it's doubtful they can do better, he should be attractive as a roughly $16.41M expiring and in the meantime, he'd fill the biggest hole on the roster and add to the young core.
    Please don't tell me that you think Gordon can play SF. He lacks the skill set, even if he's the right size. Even Orlando finally figured that out, which is why he's available.

Thread Information