Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. He's a better, more willing and still improving 3-point shooter, with some off the dribble ability.

The pressure he initially had with the Magic wouldn't exist here. It'd be akin to Iguodala being miscast as the 76ers post Iverson "savior" before converting to his ideal swiss army knife role with the Nuggets and Warriors.

Spurs don't need DeRozan's inefficient garbage and the rotational gymnastics required with him. Redistributing those possessions through a myriad of options (mainly the 3 young guards), while improving defensively, would make them better overall.
    Not sure why this is hard to grasp for some people tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Gordon and Porter Jr are the best fits. Gordon regressed a little last season, but I think he's a good fit and despite last season is a good or improving three point shooter. Porter is great, but that contract though. Yikes. Not sure if I remember correctly, but didn't some of the Bulls’ players complain about the coaching style of Boylen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do we need a PF and a SG, especially one who's on the shelf for a good while?
    We're losing a 20+ppg SG and replacing him with a 23+ppg SG who can actually shoot from the arc (35%) also acquiring a forward to replace Bertans off the bench or a spot start.

Sabonis is only 23, we could lock him up if he has a breakout year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salary for the next 2 years doesn't really matter tbh. The Spurs (rightfully so) seem to be targeting the summer of 2021 for a FA push.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him back to Toronto for Siakim tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Clan the spurs fan guy said his source said the knicks and bulls are the teams interested in DeMar, take that for what it is lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why this is hard to grasp for some people tbh
    It's these old school types who overvalue counting stats. Sure, in the interim, the Spurs wouldn't really have a "closer" per se, but I'd rather White and Murray making decisions down the stretch than DeRozan, who'd force one of them to a spot up shooting role and the other to the bench. I also think they'd be better off doing it my committee than relying on his inefficiencies.

I don't know about including Forbes though. Even though the Magic might require some other minor asset and it would open up a rotation spot for Walker, at that point Mills would be the only sniper on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attach a FRP and see if they bite tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attach a FRP and see if they bite tbh.

Spurs would never do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’d have to think on top of some whispers that SA for sure wont be extending DeRozan that trading him now makes most sense.

After Kawhi won a le with TOR, might be time for both SA/DeRozan to part ways and have a fresh start since nothing will live up to Kawhi.

SA is NOT extending DeRozan and with that in mind on top of SA loving Dejounte/Lonnie/White, it makes sense to move DeRozan now while his value is the highest.

A team that wants DeRozan would be because they need help winning now; waiting until the deadline, when it may be too late coupled with fact DeRozan can hit free agency after just a few months means no one would offer much then.

So it’s now or never and lets see if SA can get some offers they like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they're hesitant on taking the PR hit of figuratively killing Derozan by trading him again.

I could totally see them refusing to pull the trigger on a deal they like and let him walk for nothing next summer because they want to do "right" by him....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar + Belli for Roberson + Gallo + Bazley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they're hesitant on taking the PR hit of figuratively killing Derozan by trading him again.

I could totally see them refusing to pull the trigger on a deal they like and let him walk for nothing next summer because they want to do "right" by him....
    That's probably what will happen.

They could spin this publicly as basically the awkward fit, rapid improvement of the 3 young guards and the chance to add another young core piece who fills their biggest need going forward (the James, Durant, S bag, Antetokounmpo, etc.) defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I like Gallo fit-wise with the Spurs, that dude cannot stay healthy to save his life and is about to turn 31 in a couple weeks. Do not trust tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would definitely trade DeRozan + White + 1st for Beal
    Nop. No way.

Murray I would give up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would do demar, forbes, draft pick for siakam & ibaka in heartbeat. $ works out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andre Roberson hasn't played bball since January of 2018.He basically had Parker's injury and then had an injury setback in training camp for the 2018-19 season and then they discovered a knee bone fracture last November.

I'd stay away from him tbh

Galo i'm on board with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nop. No way.

Murray I would give up.
    I would give up White and I think most 99% of the world would too. I would give up Murray instead as well. But wouldn’t hesitate on either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with Beal is he’s set to be an UFA in 2 summers and I don’t see him re-signing with the Spurs if they traded for him. That’d be my biggest concern with moving White or Murray for him. Which is why I don’t think it happens anyways. I’d pull the trigger if he had another year on his deal though tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would give up White and I think most 99% of the world would too. I would give up Murray instead as well. But wouldn’t hesitate on either.
    White becomes an all-star the moment DeRozan walks out that door.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should also avoid mentioning Siakam as well,even as a pipe dream.

Ujiri refused to include Siakam in a trade for Nephew,he then reportedly refused to include him in a trade for Paul George as well.

The man is obviously in love with the kid.He is not tradeable under any condition.(Unless it's for Giannis with whom he is also enamored)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White becomes an all-star the moment DeRozan walks out that door.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets hope he does exactly that if we don't trade him. Trade him if you can get something while you can. Last but not least Siakam isn't going anywhere, people need to scratch that scenario

Thread Information