Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we can replace him with JR Smith who just became a free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, you're supposed to be the source

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well fight and ultimately lose with a younger team.. if an apparent contender out East wants him and the numbers add up, I'd much rather win less games in order to get some more promising youth. That contract though..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legionhoopross is a clown. He’s not verified and he keeps telling people to follow his IG to find out who the “multiple time all star” that’s getting shipped around is. He has as much credibility as TSpence and that little kid Lakers fan believed over Woj

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't got all the news. Wish I did. I get some. I'm still waiting on Belinelli to get shipped

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true, it means 2 things. One they couldn't come to a agreement on a team friendly deal with DDR, which is fine by me since we shouldn't be overpaying for a flawed player. Secondly, I think they are expecting great things from our new big 3 of Murray, White and Walker next season and DDR's game doesn't mesh well with that trio.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Who tf is the source? looks like some random dude

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if it's more the Spurs not wanting to lock him up long-term or them being impressed with Lonnie's progression. Either way I'm good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. As I’ve said SA needs to get out of neutral with regards to opportunity. SA can make the playoffs without DeRozan; they’ve already proven that.

If they can’t find a reasonable path to adding to DeRozan and LMA for winning now and DeRozan extension is unlikely now is the time his value will be certain and they can help their future while not hurting their current playoff floor.

They can even just make a deal to help them with a better fit now too if they can get another fringe all star (see CP for Westbrook)

But my guess is they want to be a playoff team while adding to near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well fight and ultimately lose with a younger team.. if an apparent contender out East wants him and the numbers add up, I'd much rather win less games in order to get some more promising youth. That contract though..
    His contract is more than fair and better than most.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how reputable the source is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 pages here we come.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30+1.... believe when we see it. I think teams are inquiring... but are the spurs really looking to ship him off?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan will be coming out of retirement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know how reputable the source is?
    About as reputable as Tspence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract is more than fair and better than most.
    IDK man, god his three point shooting was even worse than advertised. Ten years ago yeah he'd be worth max level money, but not now when you absolutely have to shoot the thee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, some of us have already discussed this and I’ve heard Eric and others state that this was always an option because an extension appeared unlikely and that SA was not that interested in even offering one

So this noise already matches up with chatter that has been ongoing. Seems to happen in layers regarding validity. There’s the really early deep chatter. Then there is the pre-mainstream chatter (this). Wonder if it picks up steam soon and it reaches that 3rd level?

I will say I heard that SA was not urgently shopping DeRozan. More than happy to listen but not forcing him out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs will listen to any offer, but I don't think they are in a rush to trade Derozan. There really is no incentive unless it is for an asset they really want. Derozan is a 20 point scorer that can create off the dribble with a dwindling shot clock. That's got value. He helps this team overall to be a contender. No reason to dump him just to dump him when his salary likely comes off the books next year anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK man, god his three point shooting was even worse than advertised. Ten years ago yeah he'd be worth max level money, but not now when you absolutely have to shoot the thee.

Compared to all the guys making 30-40M?? He’s still in the top 25 and making a smaller portion of cap than newer max guys. His money is still in the sweeter spot of “easier” to move for salary reasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade him for just about any package tbh. The only guys I wouldn't do it for would be the ones with more years left (Love, Griffin, CP3, etc.).

Anything else that gets you within his salary is almost assuredly a better fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs will listen to any offer, but I don't think they are in a rush to trade Derozan. There really is no incentive unless it is for an asset they really want. Derozan is a 20 point scorer that can create off the dribble with a dwindling shot clock. That's got value. He helps this team overall to be a contender. No reason to dump him just to dump him when his salary likely comes off the books next year anyway.
    No extension + guaranteed value (if he opts out next year no trade possible) + teams wanting to win now = solid trade market

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information