Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's any reason Poeltl gets more than what Zubac just got?
    Yea 7-9 mil seems reasonable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a way better defender than Zubac IMO. It's a matter of what he will be offensively. Is it Gobert? Adams? Drummond?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already working out with Skip Bayless. He will teach him some post moves

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_ME87jx2-/?igshid=mltdovcw0py4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he leaves after this season. When Pop ends his career, the Spurs are done. Most of the fans are always talking about the new big 3 and have no respect for Poeltl’s game. Wake up! There are no „big“ 3. That‘s laughable and disillusional. Walker didn‘t play significant minutes in the NBA. Murray already tear his ACL and averaged 8 points in the season before as a starter. That‘s not impressive. And his jump shot didn‘t look promising in the last preseason. All I saw from him is a guy who didn‘t pass at all. Sure, there‘s a chance he improves, but in that case you can waive goodbye. As soon as the season is over he‘ll be gone. His agent is Rich Paul. You remember?

Poeltl‘s game might not be flashy, but he didn‘t back down in the Playoffs at least. If he is that bad as many posters wrote replace him with Milutinov or another C. I‘m sure that there are some le contenders who would be happy with Poelt‘s skillset.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/plat...mpression=true
    #sad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Poodle I think most posters like his toughness and his rebounding and blocked shots so all in all he is a very good player. You have a few posters who believe the center should play outside and rain down threes. Lol I am old school just give me a guy who can catch the lob and slam dunk and play tough D rebound and set devastating picks and I am good.

I think Poodle will have a great year he was playing great but had Gasol ing about playing time really messed with his MoJo last season. Hopefully he tells his agent not to be an ASS and decides SA is a good place to stay for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, he should focus on defense. He's already a very good rim protector and can switch out on the perimeter pretty decently.

He can become an elite defensive center, well suited for the modern NBA.

On the offensive end, focus on the p'n'r game. He's an excellent screener already.
    Make the "roll" his primary bucket getting move.

A modernized version of Splitter is a very good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need him rolling more than anything. He opens up the entire weakside of the floor and open 3's when he does.

Developing a jump shot would be nice, but it should be utilized seldomly in time compressed (shot clock) situations if anything, or if he's trailing above the break in semi-transition.
    Also, he needs a go - to move in the post. Either a drop step, spin move or even just a consistent over the left shoulder hook shot.

He already possess great touch, a nice "stand still" floater (ala Steven Adams) and finishing ability. He also could bulk up and gain some strength down low.

I think there is still some "potential" to unlock with Poeltl, but he needs to be more consistent and assertive on both sides of the floor.

Also, whether he comes off the bench or starts Poeltl should be getting a good dose of minutes (25 - 30 per night). He is our best young big, so no reason why he should be spending 2/3 of the game on the bench.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 07-17-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. I didn‘t mention that. I‘m going wherever Poeltl is going. I know his flaws and I also know his strengths. It‘s funny how Spurs fans are sure that every other young player than Poeltl will be able to take an immense leap. Is it because he wasn‘t drafted from the Spurs. Fact is, he is one year younger than White and for a young guy who had to learn a new system Poeltl did a pretty good job in his first Spurs season.
    I haven't underrated Poeltl. In fact, in this thread where we were ranking the potential of all the young players, I had Poeltl at #2 right behind Murray:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...00#post9848400

Here are my rankings from that post:

1. Murray
    2. Poeltl
    3. Samanic
    4. White
    5. Walker
    6. Johnson
    7. Weatherspoon
    8. Metu

I like that Poeltl sets hard screens, which seems to be a lost art these days. Also, in the past year he's gotten very good at boxing out and grabbing defensive rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's silly to rank our young players. So far, Derrick White has played the best basketball followed by Murray and Bryn. If Jakob were able to have a Bryn type of impact offensively while playing solid defence then he would have a superb year!

But the player I am the most excited to see is Dejounte !

If he were to have a Derrick type of year or possibly better, then we will be second round team and based on the our opponent, we might make the conf finals

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like bigs who have good hands. At first, when he was awful and benched, his hands were dreadful. But later on he could catch anything and look to pass. Getting a PG means at all.times, he should have a playmaker running the pick with him. Too many times last season Forbes or Mills were the small.
    Forbes is actually effective as a pg....The real problem is more a lack of shooting outside of Bryn in the starting lineup tended to cause the whole defense to collapse into the paint if he was driving.

The real issue is that the spurs roster has defense or shooting not defense and shooting in the same players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To reach his true potential he needs to be paired with White and I am talking offense as White is great at finding bigs lobs and back door cuts. One thing I noticed is that he kinda labored when playing heavy minutes I am thinking Timmy is going to put him through his boot camp good luck Poodle just remember what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Thread Information