Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/media...ver/index.html

Thanks Trump for ruining Disney!

New York (CNN)Disneyland calls itself "The Happiest Place on Earth," but family heiress Abigail Disney said she found workers struggling when she recently visited the park undercover.

In an interview with Yahoo this week, Abigail Disney said she decided to check out Disneyland's worker conditions after a worker sent her a Facebook message. She said every employee delivered a similar message to her: "I don't know how I can maintain this face of joy and warmth when I have to go home and forage for food in other people's garbage."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I'm actually going tomorrow with my niece. I read the park has not been too congested with the opening of the Star Wars galaxy

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In an interview with Yahoo this week, Abigail Disney said she decided to check out Disneyland's worker conditions after a worker sent her a Facebook message. She said every employee delivered a similar message to her: "I don't know how I can maintain this face of joy and warmth when I have to go home and forage for food in other people's garbage."
    Then find a new job! Like Trump said the other day, if you don't want to be here then leave! But seriously if you aren't happy...just...find another job..? Lol

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm actually going tomorrow with my niece. I read the park has not been too congested with the opening of the Star Wars galaxy
    don't get into a fight with the lovely black family.

#TrustinVlade Divac Doesnt Flop's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    College
    Fresno State Bulldogs
    Yeah get a job from the job tree, where all the jobs have high pay and benefits.

It's like bootlickers don't even live in the real world.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then find a new job! Like Trump said the other day, if you don't want to be here then leave! But seriously if you aren't happy...just...find another job..? Lol
    lol Re post.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    don't get into a fight with the lovely black family.
    No waiting in lines?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I will say this for Disney... they make their employees smile and look like they enjoy what they do. That's the exact opposite of Six Flags - everyone looks miserable there.

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How so? Care to elaborate? What's your take?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How so? Care to elaborate? What's your take?
    Read your own post, buddy.

How many Americans hate their jobs and say so?

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Read your own post, buddy.

How many Americans hate their jobs and say so?
    I don't have statistics on how many Americans hate their job, however, I am specifically referring to the individual in the above story that took it to FB and thus made their experience a story.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Old rich white woman virtue signaling for relevance.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I don't have statistics on how many Americans hate their job, however, I am specifically referring to the individual in the above story that took it to FB and thus made their experience a story.
    I doubt this chick even went to the park. She was giving vague answers. And at the headline "under cover" as if people know who she is. All's she did was f*ck sh** up for the stockholders. I was trying to sell high and rebuy lower; now, I'll just have to wade through the earnings call next week and hope for the best instead.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I doubt this chick even went to the park. She was giving vague answers. And at the headline "under cover" as if people know who she is. All's she did was f*ck sh** up for the stockholders. I was trying to sell high and rebuy lower; now, I'll just have to wade through the earnings call next week and hope for the best instead.
    You and your 1 share of Disney Granma bought you when you were a wee-lad. :LOL

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You and your 1 share of Disney Granma bought you when you were a wee-lad. :LOL
    Try fifty bought about four months ago.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So...you've lost like what, $200? Could be worse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    So my Disneyland trip on Wednesday went great. Paid $149, wish I did the extra $15 for FastPass. It was not too hot and people are right - the park is alot less congested. Only a handful of rides hit 60 minute wait times. With a child, we mostly stuck with the 15-30 minute waits

Star Wars land looks great and they really nailed the random personalities walking around wearing authentic clothes and using authentic dialog. BUT there isn't much to do beyond pose for pictures, buy souvenirs and eat in the cantina (there is 1 ride). For example ToonTown has all those character houses. They really need to evolve this part and probably will as there seems to still be open space available in one corner. At the moment it looks great but seems more like a place to sell their

Park was clean, people nice and the food stick rocks. Jumbo turkey leg, y pickle, corn etc. Each World has ots own little staple and Disneyland Park still does the classics right

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    So...you've lost like what, $200? Could be worse.
    Yea, $250. Actually, if I had got the sell in with a little less, her obnoxious comments would've worked out quite well for me. That's the fickleness of the market. But yea, my plan was to sell and buy with more shares again and not have to pay the extra commission while adding to my position. Long term, I think it's a good stock. $160 target. Summer blockbusters, streaming service coming out, etc.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    So my Disneyland trip on Wednesday went great. Paid $149, wish I did the extra $15 for FastPass. It was not too hot and people are right - the park is alot less congested. Only a handful of rides hit 60 minute wait times. With a child, we mostly stuck with the 15-30 minute waits

Star Wars land looks great and they really nailed the random personalities walking around wearing authentic clothes and using authentic dialog. BUT there isn't much to do beyond pose for pictures, buy souvenirs and eat in the cantina (there is 1 ride). For example ToonTown has all those character houses. They really need to evolve this part and probably will as there seems to still be open space available in one corner. At the moment it looks great but seems more like a place to sell their

Park was clean, people nice and the food stick rocks. Jumbo turkey leg, y pickle, corn etc. Each World has ots own little staple and Disneyland Park still does the classics right
    Part of the problem is that Disney Land didn't gobble up all the land around it back in the day. They pretty much have to tear down a ride every time they want to build a new one. With the monorail being what it is and eminent domain laws changing in their favor, maybe they have options though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils

Went to California Adventure last year with a work party. Was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the park and rides, considering California Adventure is the stepchild of big Disneyland and features mostly content they purchased (Toy Story, Marvel stuff, Star Wars stuff). The Soarin' ride was pretty cool, recommend that like a big moving planetarium. And the GotG elevator ride (forgot the name, too lazy to Google it) was cool. Didn't do the water park part since it was at night and colder. Food was great per usual theme park / carnival style food. Lines were nonexistent bc my company rented out the whole park for us.

Oh and the Disney Hotel we stayed at was awesome too. Very cool decorations and close to the park (walking distance). Very much worth it versus a cheaper option.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Went to California Adventure last year with a work party. Was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the park and rides, considering California Adventure is the stepchild of big Disneyland and features mostly content they purchased (Toy Story, Marvel stuff, Star Wars stuff). The Soarin' ride was pretty cool, recommend that like a big moving planetarium. And the GotG elevator ride (forgot the name, too lazy to Google it) was cool. Didn't do the water park part since it was at night and colder. Food was great per usual theme park / carnival style food. Lines were nonexistent bc my company rented out the whole park for us.

Oh and the Disney Hotel we stayed at was awesome too. Very cool decorations and close to the park (walking distance). Very much worth it versus a cheaper option.
    That's pretty sweet. You must work for a big company to get exclusive run of the park.

Thread Information